End Game Operations

I posted this pre-wipe and I wanted to get feedback from people who will actually be playing the game and not just trolling.

Coming from other MMOs (EQ, WoW, Rift, etc.). I was always a slower leveler. I prefer to take in the sights as I go, play some alts, do some crafting or whatever. I will, at some point, most likely miss a tier or two of operations because I dont do them before they fall out of popularity. I am not a big fan of operations, but I do like to see content. I have also never been in an MMO so close to launch. So dont base your answer on how it will affect YOU necessarily, but as to what is best for the game itself.

Should operations be continually upgraded in level as expansions come out? This wouldnt include whatever the major end game operation is for an expansion, but the other filler ones like Eternity Vault and the Hutt one.

I am not saying to implement them right away, but maybe after the first new operations are out in a given expansion. For example: The next expansion raises the level cap to 60, new operations are released and cleared, and they patch in the tier 2 operations. Take the Eternity Vault and buff it up to a lvl 60 starter operation with loot on par with other entry level operations so those new players who were not around, or at level cap, for the lvl 50 operations can see the content in a meaningful manner. That way all the hard core raiders dont have to be bothered with redoing old content, but new people who never got to do the old content will have some variety.

Bioware and EA put all that effort into creating an operation which will most likely never get played after its designed level.

Just to be clear. I know you can always go back to old stuff and faceroll it at higher level, but that is no fun. There is also no benefit to it other than seeing the story (which is a good reason, but why make it the only reason?).

I`m much in a similar situation to the OP. I didn`t really do raids until Wrath and it looks like I`ll be over looking Cata. but I do have fun with them.

Bioware has already implemented more difficult variants of Operations and Flash Points. It seems to have good reason that as more expansions come out they might just offer more scaled versions down the road.

Eternity Vault

Heroic 1

Heroic 2 - Hard

Heroic 3 - Nightmare

... etc

At least that`s the impression. I could be way off though. But I would like to see this.

That is an option too. I just want to be able to try a raid down the road that I missed and be able to find other max level people who want to do it because there is a benefit other than seeing the story (which I enjoy as well).

If you update the challenge, loot, etc., people will do content again. Especially if its loot equal to the starter tier of whatever expansion you are in. It doesnt have to be the best loot available.

Especially with lockouts and such.

In my scenerio, you hit max level...you do the new operation/s...then if you still need gear to be able to take on the next tier of operations, you can go back and redo an old, upgraded operation from a previous expansion, since it will have similar tier gear to the current expansion's first round of operations, as well as a similar challenge. The only difference is having some group members that know the fights better because they did them in their original expansion.

Most often dungeons, if you will, were skipped as a person leveled in favor of going to the max cap level. Usually because people did not want to or could not find groups. Lets face it who wants to spend 2 hours looking for a group for a dungeon when your gear will be obsolete 2 levels later. I know some will. SWTOR is brand new right now so going into the Flashpoints as you level is in the honeymoon stage. As more and more people level up their first toon and find out about end game in SWTOR that will dictate how they level up subsequent toons. If in about a year people choose to level an alt and forgo the flashpoints in favor of going max is something that will need to be seen. Thta has happened in every MMO I have ever been in.

I started MMO's in '05 and have pretty much been a part of all the major ones since then, plaus have gone back to all time fav's like EQ and NVN.

I'm not sure if that post is in favor of my idea or not, but I will assume in favor! Just to clarify tho, my post is just about operations. I think they may already do that with flashpoints each expansion since they already started doing it. I would just like them to do it with the non-storyline critical operations as well.

I also like the idea of going through an old operation with someone new and watching them experience it for the first time.