The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

DweezillKagemand

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be honest though NoTomorrow, that most of your frustration with hybrids is just a bit of class envy. I for one love the flexibility of the class with regard to spec. I for one wish there were that many options for my other classes. I understand though that its harder to balance for hybrids, but on the other hand I find it funny that the shadow hybrids are better balanced for the current metagame than not only their 31 point builds, but entire ACs (LOLcommando)

It's a natural reaction when you see a class that has such an incredible versatility compared to other classes that are miles behind. Besides i would rather prefer more predictability in what they can throw at you. A carnage marauder, a PT, whatever other class you know exactly what you can expect from them, what they can use against you, what you should be aware against, what talents they have at their disposal. And all of these play complete differently, you cannot plan ahead how you will react to their moves.

Against assassins, his stance doesn't mean anything, a sin in tank stance could be a hybrid tank/deception with crazy survivability, or he could be the standard 27/1/13 or any other build or he could just be a pure tank. It means nothing.

I do not believe that this is in any way fair. I believe that this is a result of a class design failure when developers had no idea what exactly they want from a class, how should it perform what should be their weaknesses and strengths. They did it perfectly for Snipers, which makes me think that different people have been responssible for different classes. In this case i believe that the designer behind the assassins did a bad job.

Edited by NoTomorrow

23/1/17. As stated above, I think it does too much damage, especially for a tank and sacrifices very little, aside Harnessed Darkness. They still have amazing survivability. Would I would like to see changed is tying more into Lightning Charge, for example the 50% Thrash Critical bonus. I don't even want to talk about Duplicity. It should definitely be higher up in the Deception tree.

that is the biggest load of bs ever, there is no such thing as survivability in pvp, 1v1 they're fine but when they're focused they go down just as fast as that pyro powertech. Stop using tank gear in pvp, then you might have a chance of beating one in a 1v1.

I will not be surprised in 1.7 to see another shadow nerf. The metrics don't lie! It takes 6 stunlocking operatives to kill one and the reason bioware gave the 8k smashers a stun bubble was to counter the shadow. It was the only viable option at the time. Nerf shadows please!!!!

`kay , thanx , byez

Edited by Leafy_Bug

that is the biggest load of bs ever, there is no such thing as survivability in pvp, 1v1 they're fine but when they're focused they go down just as fast as that pyro powertech. Stop using tank gear in pvp, then you might have a chance of beating one in a 1v1.

You call my statement BS, and then try to point out what I am doing wrong without even knowing which class I play.

Nice.

Edited by DweezillKagemand

Yup, then I log over to my Guardian and sweep you for 7k+. ;)

Not in Soresu form you won't. Then again, everyone knows Focus is OP, no need to bring it into every discussion.

That's a load of rubbish. Resilience + Deflection: 5 seconds of near invulnerability. Most classes can't even stun you during that. Then there's in combat Stealth; also, there's tank stance which means that their armor rating and damage reduction will be FAR higher than that of a Pyrotech. Did I mention Force Speed?

Let me guess...you went 1v1 against a Shadow and couldn't beat him so now the class needs another nerf. Sounds logical.

You probably also play a Maruader/Sentinel and thought that you could stomp anyone in pvp in 2-3 GCD's and when you couldn't decided it was nerf time.

I've got an idea! No more nerfs. How about we just start buffing classes to be more balanced. When you nerf a class in this game, it also affects gameplay in pve, not just pvp and that causes way too many issues. I don't want to see Smash or bubble stun nerfed either. I want to see buffs across classes that counteract those abilities. I'm not even rage specced on my Mara, right now I'm specced into Carnage. My Sorc is full Corruption tree right now so I've never used bubble stun tho I've had it used on me. I just don't see the point of nerfing anymore because a few people come on here to QQ cause they couldn't 1v1 or 1v2 people like they think they should.

Let me guess...you went 1v1 against a Shadow and couldn't beat him so now the class needs another nerf. Sounds logical.

You probably also play a Maruader/Sentinel and thought that you could stomp anyone in pvp in 2-3 GCD's and when you couldn't decided it was nerf time.

I've got an idea! No more nerfs. How about we just start buffing classes to be more balanced. When you nerf a class in this game, it also affects gameplay in pve, not just pvp and that causes way too many issues. I don't want to see Smash or bubble stun nerfed either. I want to see buffs across classes that counteract those abilities. I'm not even rage specced on my Mara, right now I'm specced into Carnage. My Sorc is full Corruption tree right now so I've never used bubble stun tho I've had it used on me. I just don't see the point of nerfing anymore because a few people come on here to QQ cause they couldn't 1v1 or 1v2 people like they think they should.

I don't care about 1vs1. Stop bringing it into this.

So hybrid tank assassins are bad. 1v1 is not important and they hit u for too much damage while doing lots of other stuff too? lol.

Through the whole thread you just seem to have a problem with the class and have no real argument other than that they do too much damage for a tank or that you cant tell what spec they are by looking or that they have alot of utility.

But there are MANY other classes who have MORE survivability and MORE damage. Like Sent/Maras and Sniper/GS's.( who also have alot of utility by the way).

So why shadows/assassins? Seems like a personal thing.

Also my maul usualy hits for between 2k and 6k with the exploit weakness proc. But I am hybrid Dps specced. Not dark charge. When I was a 23/1/17 hybrid I didnt feel I was doing much damage and I didnt feel I had THAT much survivability to I switched to 0/27/14.

If you said the 0/27/14 hybrid was OP I might agree. But 23/1/17 is a starter spec for undergeared players and I just dont think its all that fearsome. Its a utility spec.

Are Shadows and assassins kinda Op in general..maybe if played well. But not 23/1/17.

Yeah, I was refering to Smash.

Well, considering that Smash is a Force attack, and you can build Shockwave charges in Soresu Form, it seems to me that there's only a 3% (or 9%, with Single Saber Mastery) difference in damage between a tank-form Smash and a Shii-Cho Smash.

Edited by Herem

The were already nerfed a while ago and brought into line, they are fine, Rage (Both) and Pyro (Power Tech) are really the only two trees/specs that need adjusting down atm, Arsenal Mercs could use a boost, and the bubble stun skill itself needs to be toned down. Edited by Zataos

Well, considering that Smash is a Force attack, and you can build Shockwave charges in Soresu Form, it seems to me that there's only a 3% (or 9%, with Single Saber Mastery) difference in damage between a tank-form Smash and a Shii-Cho Smash.

Wrong, 30% armor penetration and the cooldown reduce on smash when using assaults or force scream only works when in Shii-cho.

Edited by DweezillKagemand

The were already nerfed a while ago and brought into line, they are fine, Rage (Both) and Pyro (Power Tech) are really the only two trees/specs that need adjusting down atm, Arsenal Mercs could use a boost, and the bubble stun skill itself needs to be toned down.

What exactly you don't like about Pyrotech? It's one of the only 4 specs in the entire game that can kill a healer. In fact with current state of buble stuns Carnage is out of the question for this job. Without Pyrotech we might just as well all roll healers in PvP.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Wrong, 30% armor penetration and the cooldown reduce on smash when using assaults or force scream only works when in Shii-cho.

But Smash doesn't take armor into account, as it's a Force effect for kinetic damage. I know that there are certain skills that require being in Shii-Cho to activate, but a 4-charge Shockwave Smash is not one of them.

But Smash doesn't take armor into account, as it's a Force effect for kinetic damage. I know that there are certain skills that require being in Shii-Cho to activate, but a 4-charge Shockwave Smash is not one of them.

Smash does kinetic damage which is mitigated by armor. This is why Shii-Cho armor penetration increases the smash damage.