Suggestion for Crew Skill completion during combat

Draggyish

I dunno if anyone else has noticed this, but it's -really- annoying when you're in combat with a group of mobs or in the middle of a heated PvP match and all of a sudden your companions all trot back one after another bearing gifts from their missions. While the gifts themselves are certainly much appreciated (as is your companions dedication to apparently bring them to you while you're fighting off the raving mobs), isn't there some way to keep that big 'mission success' dialogue box from popping up while in combat? I mean really, are your companions trying to get you killed because you couldn't see that patrol/Jedi/ball carrier coming at you from your suddenly blind side?

Please admins, this seems like a simple fix. Sure you can x the box away, but why not just have it go directly to your 'pending' slot up in the top corner out of view to begin with if you're in combat and/or in a warzone? Then when you're out of combat/done murdering Jedi's faces/have torn the ball carrier asunder you can politely accept those gifts and not want to strangle 2V-R8 anymore than you already do.

Something to consider please? :)

This is so annoying I keep thinking that with as much of an obvious problem it is I never actually made a post about it and figured they would immediately fix it in the next patch.

Seems I was wrong. It's SUPER annoying. I send 5 companions You've got mail! out and circulate them regularly and queue PvP or run a HM and I have wanted to falcon punch my monitor so many times because that stupid box came up You've got mail! and my brat companion had something sarcastic to say while im in the middle of keeping 4 people from the brink of death. Health bars? haha! You cant see your health bars! You've got mail!

You've got mail!

At least I know that once it You've got mail! comes up the first time the next 4 times aren't far behind.

At the very minimum it should be a toggle in the options to disable alerts during combat. In the lower levels I didn't care, they popped You've got mail! up so dang often that I wanted them there so I could send them out again and combat was super easy anyway so its not a big deal.

Edited by zerobounds

Yes this is so annoying, even worse when you are healing a FP and that huge pop up land on top of my party members info. Give me the option to turn off the pop up please.

Browsing market or something like, it close my windows every time, how can BW think that is a good idea? oh right i forgot that they are new to internet.

Oh god yes, please! As a healer, I basically can't send people on crew skills when heading into an Operation. I've actually had it cause a wipe when it popped up just as I switching targets to heal someone about to die.

They should just drop the stuff in your inventory.

These popups are annoying as hell not only in combat but if you have other windows open, like the GTN it will close everything for that popup.

horrid UI design, and it should be removed, plain and simple.

Stupid design is stupid

We need more ppl to complain so BW see it, they don't play this game them self so they just don't understand how bad it is.

i was laughing when i read the thread about them inviting guilds / locals to playtest 1.2 content.

that's when it was made obvious (to me) that BW doesn't have an internal playtest team.

ref: ilum.

Its stupid that they even have a window pop up regardless.

The only option is to accept. Everyone hits accept.

It's kind of similar to all the stupid extra running when going from the fleet to your ship to the planet. Many of those steps need to be removed, all the different lockout rooms etc...anyways im getting off subject.

That's the biggest issue with this game so far, so many simple fixes that could make the game much more enjoyable that they haven't addressed.

Its stupid that they even have a window pop up regardless.

The only option is to accept. Everyone hits accept.

this is an excellent point.

it's not like a quest reward when you may be asked to choose between multiple rewards.

you get what you get, that's it.. why is there even a box?

this is an excellent point.

it's not like a quest reward when you may be asked to choose between multiple rewards.

are you really asking this?

protip: if there's a lazy way to program it, Bioware did it.

Dev 1: "Hey developer friends, we need a way to deliver mission items to players after their companion returns from a mission."

Dev 2: "I just programed the code for a quest completion pop up. Lets just reuse that. It will be quick and easy and LAZY."

Dev 1: "Great idea. Done."

So glad I'm not the only one that sees this is actually an issue!

And yeah, I hadn't thought about party bars, but they are right there where it pops up, so for healers that must be a nightmare!

I'm not averse to it just going into your inventory, though it is nice to see which companion brought back what and if they failed for me (mostly because I'm a sith pureblood, so if they fail, out they come for a nice face slap :p), but if it came to a choice between having the mission box pop up at the worst possible moment and it just going straight to your inv? I'd take it going straight to my inv ANY day!

This is the most annoying part of crew skills by far. The mission window should not pop up in combat (Or while I'm browsing the GTN, for that matter) unless I specifically click on the "pending" bar to tell it to. Edited by Grimgrey

This is the most annoying part of crew skills by far. The mission window should not pop up in combat (Or while I'm browsing the GTN, for that matter) unless I specifically click on the "pending" bar to tell it to.

This is the most annoying part of crew skills by far. The mission window should not pop up in combat (Or while I'm browsing the GTN, for that matter) unless I specifically click on the "pending" bar to tell it to.

So that they can give you a little blurb about what happened. You'll notice that some of the missions have a customized one, while others just use a short stock phrase. And also so you can tell everything that came with the one mission. Also, it probably exists to handle situations where you lack inventory space. Guess they don't want to mail it to you like they do with crafting when you are out of room.

I don't mind the box itself. I do mind it popping up at inappropriate times, which would be any time it is going to close a window or if I'm in combat. I'd rather it always went to pending.

Edited by Battilea

So glad I'm not the only one that sees this is actually an issue!

And yeah, I hadn't thought about party bars, but they are right there where it pops up, so for healers that must be a nightmare!

I'm not averse to it just going into your inventory, though it is nice to see which companion brought back what and if they failed for me (mostly because I'm a sith pureblood, so if they fail, out they come for a nice face slap :p), but if it came to a choice between having the mission box pop up at the worst possible moment and it just going straight to your inv? I'd take it going straight to my inv ANY day!

Yes i think we all want to see how they did but we don't need a huge pop up for that, just have it pending up in the right corner so we can click on it when we want to or send us a mail about it. Cant be that hard to fix, not even for BW.

This ^

Dear Devs...

If...upon any mission completion...I were to click that little "X" on the mission completed window instead of the "Accept" button...The mission reward window then pops into a "Pending" status in the upper-right of my screen.

Please make this automatically happen for the following situations...

When ANY window is open in the game (Like the following):

• Moving items between my inventory and cargo hold

• Checking my in-game mail

• Shopping on the Galactic Trade Network

• Typing out a very DETAILED, multiple paragraph bug report that I just took 10 minutes putting together

When players are engaged in Combat!

When players are harvesting a plant, crystal node or metal resource!

Thank you in advance!

(Love this game!!)

:)

Dear Devs...

If...upon any mission completion...I were to click that little "X" on the mission completed window instead of the "Accept" button...The mission reward window then pops into a "Pending" status in the upper-right of my screen.

• Typing out a very DETAILED, multiple paragraph bug report that I just took 10 minutes putting together

Thank you in advance!

(Love this game!!)

Seconded!

Dear Devs...

Thank you in advance!

(Love this game!!)

If more people would post constructive feedback such as this, rather then, "Hi my name is badazzzz, your game suxors. K." I suspect they would spend less time slogging through nonesense to get to the crux of the issue, and as a result, get it on the board sooner.

Just posted another thread about this and I agree. This is annoying and a pain to deal with while in combat or doing anything else. I think if any window is already up ......all other pops wait in the back ground will we are done.

It took me 3 times to fill out a bug report the other day due to my companion coming back from a mission. So annoying.