An in-depth look at: The Jedi Civil War

Aurbere

Sorry it's been so long since my last thread, but I've had some real life issues to deal with. But I'm back with the continuation of The Jedi versus The Sith. We continue with the Jedi Civil War. Master Bodo Baas discusses the war in the following recording...

"Two Jedi acquired a taste for rebellion after their victories during the Mandalorian Wars. They discovered Pre-Republic artifacts that led them to the Sith tombworld of Korriban. Despite their lack of a connection to the Sith species, they drew upon the knowledge from the Sith tombs and declared themselves the new Dark Lords of the Sith- Darth Revan and Darth Malak.

Because they were known heroes of the Mandalorian Wars, many Jedi Knights regarded "the revanchist" and his former apprentice Alek as champions, and eagerly joined their cause. A Sith training academy was revitalized on Korriban, and a new corps of Dark Jedi readied to defend their growing Sith Empire. Under the command of Revan and Malak, they seized control of the bulk of the Republic, and it was this act that initiated the Second Sith War.

The Sith Lords recovered an ancient Rakatan device, the Star Forge, which possessed the power to create fully formed machines of destruction. They amassed an even greater fleet and might have brought the Republic to its knees but for the efforts of the Jedi Knight Bastila Shan, a master of battle meditation.

Bastila subdued and captured Revan, and the Jedi Council Force-scoured his memories to learn the location of the Star Forge. In the process, the Jedi removed Revan's memories of his allegiance to the Sith and conscripted him to fight on their behalf. Revan killed Darth Malak and destroyed the Star Forge.

As for the end of this conflict, many records are either unclear or inconsistent. Revan's fate is not documented, but it is known that his defection caused a civil war amongst the Sith, and that a host of powerful Sith Lords- including Darth Sion, Darth Kreia, and Darth Nihilus- attempted to take his place. According to one record, Brianna, an attendant to Jedi Master Atris, defeated the Sith Lord Darth Nihilus. Another record indicates that the Miraluka Jedi Visas Marr was involved in killing Nihilus, while still other records suggest that Nihilus slew Marr.

After the Second Sith War, the Jedi hunted down and exterminated the disciples of Darth Revan and Malak, and many other followers of the dark side. The Sith virtually disappeared for centuries, and it was believed the galaxy was at last safe from their dark order. This erroneous belief lasted until the emergence of Darth Ruin."

It should be noted that there are a few errors in Master Baas' accounts of the Jedi Civil War.

Revan and Malak were annointed Dark Lords of the Sith by a mysterious Sith Emperor, who lurked in the Unknown sectors of space. This Sith Emperor corrupted the former Jedi champions and dispatched them to locate the Star Forge, a super-factory that the Emperor would use to hasten the production of his armada.

The new Sith Lords located the ancient Star Maps and followed them to the Star Forge. They used the Star Forge to build a powerful invasion fleet. They were also joined by those who served during the Mandalore Wars. The corruption of the teachings of Malachor V turned many Jedi to the Dark Side, and veterans of the war quickly joined the two Sith Lords.

Revan had established a new Sith Empire, one that would grow to tackle the resolve the Republic and their Jedi defenders. He set up training academies on several worlds powerful in the Dark Side, like Korriban.

With his Empire established, Revan announced himself to the galaxy with a single devastating attack. Studying the tactics of Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun, Revan raided the Foerost shipyards and stole away the bulk of the Republic fleet, just as Ulic Qel-Droma did years before. With this raid, the Jedi Civil War had begun.

Revan also made an agreement with Czerka Corporation. Czerka provided weapons, armor, and assault droids for Revan's growing Empire, while Revan offered a trade monopoly in Sith space. Czerka would continue to provide logistical support for Revan's forces throughout the war.

One of the most devastating blows to the Republic was when Admiral Saul Karath abandoned the Republic to join the Sith. To show his loyalty to his new Sith Master, Saul obeyed the orders of Darth Malak to bombard Telos IV. The attack was ruthless. Sith warships bombarded the lush green world with ruthless efficiency. Civilian transports were turned to dust in attempts to flee the burning world. Seeing his work done, Saul left the planet to allow any survivors to be a testament to the power of the Sith.

The Republic wouldn't give up so easily. They still had one card left to play: the Jedi. The young Jedi Bastila Shan and her battle meditation allowed the Republic to halt Revan's progress, and allow the Jedi Order to capture Revan. The Republic engaged Revan and Malak's fleet and dispatched a Jedi strike team led by Bastila Shan to capture Revan. During the battle, Malak attacked Revan's flagship, intent on killing his master. Unknown to him, however, Revan survived and was captured by the Jedi.

The Jedi Council then brainwashed Revan, turning him into a servant of the Light, and their greatest weapon. Revan would track down and destroy the Star Forge, along with his former apprentice Darth Malak.

Following the defeat of Malak, the Sith fell into Civil War and were easily conquered by the Republic. But this wouldn't be the end. A new war would rage, a war orchestrated by a Triumvirate of Sith Lords, led by a Sith Lord that would target The Force itself.

*Revan used a unique power to learn the Rakatan language, what was that power?

Have a request? Post it below, in the Index, or PM me! :)

"Two Jedi acquired a taste for rebellion after their victories during the Mandalorian Wars. They discovered Pre-Republic artifacts that led them to the Sith tombworld of Korriban. Despite their lack of a connection to the Sith species, they drew upon the knowledge from the Sith tombs and declared themselves the new Dark Lords of the Sith- Darth Revan and Darth Malak.

(Something not directly about the Jedi Civil War.)

It seems the true line of the "Dark Lord of the Sith" died with Exar Kun. Revan and Malak declared themselves Dark Lords of the Sith, as did Traya, Sion and Nihilus. (Though the Dark Council also seems to have a tradition of of all members being called "Dark Lord of the Sith")

This also seems the point where the extensive use of the Darth title started. Most of the old Dark Lords weren't called Darth, IIRC. Exar Kun didn't call himself Darth either.

Maybe the Sith Emperor or the Dark Council started this traditions and Revan picked them up there.

(Something not directly about the Jedi Civil War.)

It seems the true line of the "Dark Lord of the Sith" died with Exar Kun. Revan and Malak declared themselves Dark Lords of the Sith, as did Traya, Sion and Nihilus. (Though the Dark Council also seems to have a tradition of of all members being called "Dark Lord of the Sith")

This also seems the point where the extensive use of the Darth title started. Most of the old Dark Lords weren't called Darth, IIRC. Exar Kun didn't call himself Darth either.

Maybe the Sith Emperor or the Dark Council started this traditions and Revan picked them up there.

You're probably right. The obsession with the Darth title does seem to start here, as I can't recall of any other Sith naming themselves Darth so and so before Revan. I would assume the Sith Emperor started the trend of having the elite being called Darth.

You're probably right. The obsession with the Darth title does seem to start here, as I can't recall of any other Sith naming themselves Darth so and so before Revan. I would assume the Sith Emperor started the trend of having the elite being called Darth.

There is Darth Andeddu, but he seems to be an isolated case. There is a theory that Darth is comes from the Rakatan "darr tah" = "triumph over death". So it makes sense that the Andeddu who lived very long through essence transfer would choos it as personal title without making it a common title.

There is Darth Andeddu, but he seems to be an isolated case. There is a theory that Darth is comes from the Rakatan "darr tah" = "triumph over death". So it makes sense that the Andeddu who lived very long through essence transfer would choos it as personal title without making it a common title.

I should have remembered Andeddu. Especially since I named my Sorceror after him. :o

What did you expect? Just leave the Sith to rebuild and wage another war? That seems smart. :rolleyes:

i thought jedi would always try to convert to lightside first and only kill as a last resort. once defeated, i thought the remaining sith may see that there can be another path in joining the jedi. just surprised the jedi slaughtered them is all.

i thought jedi would always try to convert to lightside first and only kill as a last resort. once defeated, i thought the remaining sith may see that there can be another path in joining the jedi. just surprised the jedi slaughtered them is all.

Generally, there isn't enough time to convert Sith to the Light on the fields of battle. And they didn't get them all, the Sith Triumvirate commanded the remnants of Revan's Sith Empire.

Had circumstances been different, I'm sure the Jedi would have tried to convert them.

It should be noted that there are a few errors in Master Baas' accounts of the Jedi Civil War.

Revan and Malak were annointed Dark Lords of the Sith by a mysterious Sith Emperor, who lurked in the Unknown sectors of space. This Sith Emperor corrupted the former Jedi champions and dispatched them to locate the Star Forge, a super-factory that the Emperor would use to hasten the production of his armada.

The new Sith Lords located the ancient Star Maps and followed them to the Star Forge. They used the Star Forge to build a powerful invasion fleet. They were also joined by those who served during the Mandalore Wars. The corruption of the teachings of Malachor V turned many Jedi to the Dark Side, and veterans of the war quickly joined the two Sith Lords.

*Revan used a unique power to learn the Rakatan language, what was that power?

These are not "errors" it's called Plot Holes and NOW the Old Republic area is full of them. First of all: Revan and Malak are supposed to be THE dark lords of the sith, it was first ruined after the KotOR2 but it was not so bad since they don't tell it why he left (you could think anything for example some kind of Yuuzhan Vong threat)the writers simply didn't want the Player to play as Revan again and they had to take him out of the picture somehow. The second and the worst was this "Empreror" thing - before I continue let me clear something. The title "Darth" was found by the Rakata and (maybe) they gave it to Revan after he traveled to Lehon. NO ONE used it before them, not even Vitiate (He was called Lord Vitiate by Marka Ragnos) since he didn't find any Rakata. !?AN OTHER PLOT HOLE: How come the Emperror does not use the Darth title but every other sith lord does, it's like LORD Vitate gave this title to Revan and every other sith who he seems to deserve it?! I hope you can see what I want to say here. - this Emperror was created for an MMO (a pourly written MMO) where he is the "Aizen" (from Bleach if someone doesn't know it). Now for the next Plot Hole: Revan and Malak started to fall to the dark side in the Mandalorian Wars and find the first star map on Dantooine. Not because of an Emperor, since they met with him AFTER the Mandalorian Wars

as you can see here, it's not like they were possesed by someone. I really don't want to speak about this anymore it's F**ks up my mind...really. NOW to the another plot hole: Before the KotOR Revan had to use the force to learn the Rakatan language AND put the republic basic in the Rakatas' head so they can understand each other. In the SW:TOR every body (even the stupidest Smugler) can understand every Rakata (and Esh-kha) and their ancient language and these Rakatas and Esh-khas can understand the republic basic. So again how come this happens? I hope you can see now that Master Baas is not wrong, more like these game writers are (because they are f***in morrons). If Revan would have left the known space because a Yuuzhan Vong (or any other kind of) threat, it would make more sense and they wouldn't have made this much Plot Hole in the Sith Order or in the game.

Edit: I writen this before I readed any comment here, but now I see there are problems (darth) that lot of other people realized.

Edited by pbajnokl
Not finished yet

These are not "errors" it's called Plot Holes and NOW the Old Republic area is full of them. First of all: Revan and Malak are supposed to be THE dark lords of the sith, it was first ruined after the KotOR2 but it was not so bad since they don't tell it why he left (you could think anything for example some kind of Yuuzhan Vong threat)the writers simply didn't want the Player to play as Revan again and they had to take him out of the picture somehow. The second and the worst was this "Empreror" thing - before I continue let me clear something. The title "Darth" was found by the Rakata and (maybe) they gave it to Revan after he traveled to Lehon. NO ONE used it before them, not even Vitiate (He was called Lord Vitiate by Marka Ragnos) since he didn't find any Rakata. !?AN OTHER PLOT HOLE: How come the Emperror does not use the Darth title but every other sith lord does, it's like LORD Vitate gave this title to Revan and every other sith who he seems to deserve it?! I hope you can see what I want to say here. - this Emperror was created for an MMO (a pourly written MMO) where he is the "Aizen" (from Bleach if someone doesn't know it). Now for the next Plot Hole: Revan and Malak started to fall to the dark side in the Mandalorian Wars and find the first star map on Dantooine. Not because of an Emperor, since they met with him AFTER the Mandalorian Wars
as you can see here, it's not like they were possesed by someone. I really don't want to speak about this anymore it's F**ks up my mind...really. NOW to the another plot hole: Before the KotOR Revan had to use the force to learn the Rakatan language AND put the republic basic in the Rakatas' head so they can understand each other. In the SW:TOR every body (even the stupidest Smugler) can understand every Rakata (and Esh-kha) and their ancient language and these Rakatas and Esh-khas can understand the republic basic. So again how come this happens? I hope you can see now that Master Baas is not wrong, more like these game writers are (because they are f***in morrons). If Revan would have left the known space because a Yuuzhan Vong (or any other kind of) threat, it would make more sense and they wouldn't have made this much Plot Hole in the Sith Order or in the game.

Edit: I writen this before I readed any comment here, but now I see there are problems (darth) that lot of other people realized.

Alright calm down.

I agree with you, mostly. Retcons (and the plot holes created) do happen, and we just have to deal with them. But you should also remember that both KOTOR and its sequel point to a mysterious threat in the Unknown Regions. TOR expanded on that and made it the Sith Emperor. It just so happens that a few plot holes were created by that revelation.

Edit: And I have no idea how my smuggler knows Rakata or Esh-ka.

Edited by Aurbere