New player learning how to play Guardian

Ibaum

Could someone point me to a place where I can see the focus cost or build up of the various strikes? I'm brand new at this and after Force Leap constantly find myself struggling to keep up enough focus for my other attacks. I understand rotation is important, but I'm just now level 10 and haven't been able to figure out low level rotation. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Could someone point me to a place where I can see the focus cost or build up of the various strikes? I'm brand new at this and after Force Leap constantly find myself struggling to keep up enough focus for my other attacks. I understand rotation is important, but I'm just now level 10 and haven't been able to figure out low level rotation. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Put your mouse cursor over the icon of any ability to show its description. There you will find how much Focus it costs\generates.

Strike and sundering strike are your two focus builders, try to at least use sundering strike every CD (every 4.5 seconds) You can also fill in master strike during those times in the middle of a fight when you are out of focus. It doesn't cost any focus to use and it's good filler while waiting on your next sundering strike. Just try not to use it on an enemy that's almost dead because it hits hard and most of it's damage will be wasted.

At these lower levels a rotation isn't really all that important, just use what's available and fill in the rest with your basic attack (strike) and sundering strike to build more focus. Once you decide which tree you're going to use then you can start perfecting a rotation and re-organizing your hotbar. For now I would just keep getting used to the feel of the abilities you have. I don't want to start any trouble here but I can't recommend strongly enough to keybind all your abilities and get used to moving with the mouse.

Couple of points, when jumping into mobs remember that force sweep CC's standard and weak opponents for a few second. That's a good second move after you leap in to buy you a few GCD's without getting hit by 4-5 trash npc's. Blade storm also has the same effect on a single target and it's also good for an interrupt on the same standard/weak enemies.