Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I gave it a shot, but screw GSF

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
I gave it a shot, but screw GSF

tunewalker
04.25.2015 , 06:34 PM | #71
To be truthful at this point the most frustrating matches for me arent so much the blow outs on either side... if I am faced with THAT many aces that I cant do anything, then I know I am just not queing at the right time. To me the frustrating ones these days are the ones where I have like 3 deaths but like 30 Kills and 2 assists and like 80-100k damage, and we STILL lose 32 points to 50..... with no one on my team having a kill (the 2 assists, were assisting asteriods in finding power diving Targets ) and like 5-6 deaths often....

AlrikFassbauer
05.02.2015 , 08:29 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
if I am faced with THAT many aces that I cant do anything, then I know I am just not queing at the right time.
In my case, I've given up GSF because of that. When I'm not contributing, then I'm just not playing anymore.
Good for those who don't want me.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Nasja
05.03.2015 , 02:37 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Waktoh View Post
Yes, I know I suck, but really? Do you want people to try an queue again?
http://i.imgur.com/7wLaPey.jpg
I completely understand you didn't queue again. I can however recommend, if few / no imp aces are online (do put them in your friendslist) you are off course welcome to change to a pub toon. We don't care how much experience you have (I don't think the imps do either, just mentioning though), if you are doing your best (which as we can see you do) we will do our best to give you a good experience.

Quote: Originally Posted by nyghtrunner View Post
The biggest thing I can see based on your screen is that you had no one there to help keep pressure off of you and your team. That looks like the kind of match where having just 1 vet/ace on your team opens the game up a lot. Ferzz is very solid (I think it's Hozz from Imp side, but I don't know for sure), and pretty sure Traesha is an alt.
Yeah, their "best" equaled our "worst" in that match. I am curious though, if you thought I was someone's alt, who's alt did you think I was

Nataph
05.30.2015 , 02:53 PM | #74
I understand what you are all saying. On the Bastion, depending on the time, pubs and imps both have very good sides..
Now, at times, I tend to get into the impside which is lacking at that moment, and tbh, if you learn one ship very well and play against the better side, you will have fun. You will notice you are the top gun there and start doing the most damage and kills. You will notice you are the one playing on your side doing everything and the other side will notice it.
I have won a few games on my own destroying over 25+ ships in games and hitting 70= damage.
GSF is the place where getting owned is fun oppose to warzones.
do not give up. learn a ship and perfect it and make them pay.
Harbinger

Ixzaran - Ix'Allure - Ix'Jash - Ix'arsiah - Nataph - Lots of 70's

tunewalker
05.30.2015 , 05:42 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataph View Post
I understand what you are all saying. On the Bastion, depending on the time, pubs and imps both have very good sides..
Now, at times, I tend to get into the impside which is lacking at that moment, and tbh, if you learn one ship very well and play against the better side, you will have fun. You will notice you are the top gun there and start doing the most damage and kills. You will notice you are the one playing on your side doing everything and the other side will notice it.
I have won a few games on my own destroying over 25+ ships in games and hitting 70= damage.
GSF is the place where getting owned is fun oppose to warzones.
do not give up. learn a ship and perfect it and make them pay.
As long as that ship isnt Strike before what ever patch they decide to buff it launches.

Itkovian
06.04.2015 , 09:39 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
As long as that ship isnt Strike before what ever patch they decide to buff it launches.
To be fair, you can still have a lot of fun AND success in a Strike fighter. I certainly have.

And there's something to be said for succeeding against the odds.

Ymris
06.04.2015 , 10:03 AM | #77
I agree that playing against better pilots (or just a team with more decent pilots than your team) is fun. Evasive maneuvering and trying to return fire can be a rush, especially when 3-4 enemies are on your six. Plus, keeping that many of them occupied should help your team win the match.
Tensoring straight to hell!