so world pvp in 1.7 yes or no?

LUCASCASADEIS

hi everyone. in this post:http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130102

they talk about bring back the world pvp (not massive world pvp) in the next update 1.7

not with the new details of 1.7 http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates, there is nothing about world pvp. are they gonna bring it? i think that is the more impportant feature of this update.

my question is. are they gonna bring a world pvp (not massive)?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they talk about bring back the world pvp (not massive world pvp) in the next update 1.7

not with the new details of 1.7 http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates, there is nothing about world pvp. are they gonna bring it? i think that is the more impportant feature of this update.

Yea if Bioware could go into some detail about ilum that would be great /bump

The game already does have world pvp, on pvp servers anyway. It sounds like the plan is to have a recurring event in the center of the Ilum warzone as an incentive to increase World PVP. The only point to Ilum warzone as it is right now is to World PVP which got old fast. This adds another reason to be out there, kind of like the rakghoul event having World PVP on Tatooine dune sea. Edited by Jack_Deth

it doesnt sound like we are getting any world pvp anytime soon. It sounds like they are turning ilum into wintergrasp/tol barad where you queue up for a fight and whoever wins gets to kill the pve boss.

jeff hickman said:

In our Game Update 1.7 you should look forward to some interesting changes to a special PvP area that you have all been asking about (sorry for being cryptic, but this is technically not announced yet), as well as a visit from some old friends, The Gree Enclave (though maybe not in a way you would expect

and

We have not forgotten Ilum! I think you will see (fairly soon) the answer to this question in the game itself - something big is coming to the Western Ice Shelf, but it’s quite a departure from what was there before. As for pure Open World PvP…well, that’s a more difficult proposition. We are dedicated to providing excellent PvP experiences to our players, but we intend to focus our energy on PvP Seasons and new Warzones. We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year (outside of what I mentioned above). It is still on our design wall, but is taking a back seat to other forms of PvP.

Did you even read the page you linked to:

We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year

They are re-doing the entire area. I'd put my money on the whole place being re-made. Different landforms. Different transport. No auto-PvP-flag.

Oh, and thanks for linking to the place that answered your own question. So much easier that way.

that doesn't make sense. does it?

It does if they put a PVE quest or gather part chain quest in a area that auto flags you. This is the same thing they did for HK by forcing people who hate PVP to have to buy from the Jawa vendor in outlaws Den. When I had to go there, I was Ganked by groups of pubs for 6 hours. Never got my part. waited until 3 in the morning and Tat had 9 people on to finally get the part from the vendor, and still got ganked as I was trying to get the heck out of there.

Forced World PVP is not something PVE player like to endure or we would roll on a PVP server.

Edited by nartiuslightlord

Did you even read the page you linked to:

We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year

They are re-doing the entire area. I'd put my money on the whole place being re-made. Different landforms. Different transport. No auto-PvP-flag.

Oh, and thanks for linking to the place that answered your own question. So much easier that way.

and did you read WHAT I PUT? i said not massive world pvp

One of the Devs, Dallas maybe? had stated that the engine needs come work in order to handle large scale world pvp, so I wouldn't expect that kind of world PvP to show up soon.

dallas dickenson said that but jeff hickman said there will be a world pvp but not a massive world pvp.

It does if they put a PVE quest or gather part chain quest in a area that auto flags you. This is the same thing they did for HK by forcing people who hate PVP to have to buy from the Jawa vendor in outlaws Den. When I had to go there, I was Ganked by groups of pubs for 6 hours. Never got my part. waited until 3 in the morning and Tat had 9 people on to finally get the part from the vendor, and still got ganked as I was trying to get the heck out of there.

Forced World PVP is not something PVE player like to endure or we would roll on a PVP server.

The problem with that is that after like a week or two the area was empty again. I guess if its recurring that might be different. I dont know, will wait to see how it plays out

Ok... to be fair, I had a completely opposite experience in Outlaws Den. After a few LFG's in chat, a bunch of us gathered at the nearest outpost and went in as a ragtag Ops group. I loved it... I mean, I panned around the camera as we rode in... all of us with different gear, different mounts and one purpose. I swear we needed our own theme music! Lol! Rada by Thomas Bergersen comes to mind.

The Imps were waiting for us with their own army and BAM! It was like a scene out of Braveheart, epic! And to be honest it was the first time I had my adrenaline going since... well, since the first time I faced Soa. And the kicker is that I'm not a PvP player. I have never been in a Warzone period.

My point for all of you, especially PVE folks of which I am one, is simply put down your pitch fork and just play the game as it is designed. You may find new ways to play and enjoy the game.

Bravo BW! Yes! A PVE section in the midst of an open world PvP raises the stakes. It takes us PVE'rs out of our comfort zone makes the game exciting. I welcome the overlap of game play and game styles. You adapt... or you fail to realize the games full potential.

Edited by Rafaman

My point for all of you, especially PVE folks...find new ways to play and enjoy the game.

Bravo BW! Yes! A PVE section in the midst of an open world PvP raises the stakes. It takes us PVE'rs out of our comfort zone makes the game exciting...You adapt... or you fail to realize the games full potential.

Did this guy just tell people how they should be playing their own game...:rolleyes:

It looks like all the Ilum stuff is in the open PvP area, so PvP'ers will be able to gank PvE players trying to get their objectives done. So that is a big win for the PvP crowd.

Please do this on PVP servers, I rolled on a PVE server because I don't care for PVP.