It's silly that sorcs can't cleanse Draxus's dot

I get that they made it tech, and sorcs can't cleanse tech, but why do that? So you're allowed to heal with operatives and mercs in fight, but not sorcs.

How unreasonable is it to use sorc healers? Even if you have 1 sorc + 1 operative, it isn't enough to cleanse it all every single time when you have to deal with bulwark shield.

Devs need to strongly consider making the dot physical ASAP.

Edit: to be clear, I get that certain healers will be better on certain fights, but sorcs are just way too nerfed on this fight. Every wave that Draxus is up is a struggle, as your AOE bubble only draws the corrosive grenade to a group that you then can't cleanse it off of. It's on thing for a healer's style to be less apt for a fight. It's another to prevent them entirely from responding to a core mechanic.

I get that they made it tech, and sorcs can't cleanse tech, but why do that? So you're allowed to heal with operatives and mercs in fight, but not sorcs.

How unreasonable is it to use sorc healers? Even if you have 1 sorc + 1 operative, it isn't enough to cleanse it all every single time when you have to deal with bulwark shield.

Devs need to strongly consider making the dot physical ASAP.

Edit: to be clear, I get that certain healers will be better on certain fights, but sorcs are just way too nerfed on this fight. Every wave that Draxus is up is a struggle, as your AOE bubble only draws the corrosive grenade to a group that you then can't cleanse it off of. It's on thing for a healer's style to be less apt for a fight. It's another to prevent them entirely from responding to a core mechanic.

This kind of mechanics go back to EC, you needed tech cleanses on Vorgath. Then again in SnV on Operations Chief, probably some more fights as well. On the other hand, trash pack in TFB can only be cleansed by sages, etc. Its not a new cocept at all and it's totally ok

For encounters, you typically HAVE to bring one of a couple classes. For instance, you may HAVE to bring a Sin, Jug, or PT (Tank). You HAVE to bring a Sorc, Op, or Merc (Heals).

You don't HAVE to bring an Op or Merc to cleanse that DoT. It can be healed through. You get a bubble and two puddles, which passively mitigate much of that damage. You can have your raid positioned more effectively to minimize the number of people getting hit by the AoE. All in all, I don't really consider that DoT to be a "core mechanic". This isn't like in Firebrand and Stormcaller where cleansing the Targeted is almost a requirement.

As you said, some encounters are simply easier with certain compositions. Writhing Horror, for example, is much easier when you bring a Sin tank. Do you know how many fights are MUCH easier when you bring a Sorc healer (or two)? This may not be one of those fights. However, you still can beat this fight with two Sorc healers. How do I know? I've done it.

This kind of mechanics go back to EC, you needed tech cleanses on Vorgath. Then again in SnV on Operations Chief, probably some more fights as well. On the other hand, trash pack in TFB can only be cleansed by sages, etc. Its not a new cocept at all and it's totally ok

I know these mechanics were there, but there is a big difference. In those fights, those attacks either a) didn't remove nearly 67% of a person's health if they went uncleansed, or b) weren't fired off every 7 seconds. In this fight, because multiple people get the same dot at the same time (specifically in wave 5, where, due to the bulwarks, it is impossible to spread out when handling those corruptors)

And "just heal through it" isn't a defense. If you use sorc puddles there, people get grouped up, and you just get the dot again on more people. Given how dramatic the dot's damage is, if 3 people get it at the same time, there's just no way to heal through it. If 2 people get it, it's extremely difficult to heal them through it and keep the tank and other dps up.

Simply put, it's a bad design decision.

In this fight, because multiple people get the same dot at the same time (specifically in wave 5, where, due to the bulwarks, it is impossible to spread out when handling those corruptors)

Simply put, it's a bad design decision.

The problem here isn’t that Sorc healers are underpowered, or that this fight is poorly designed. The problem is with your team’s strategy for handling Corruptors in this fight (i.e. you are not approaching the mechanics properly and therefore are struggling with healing damage that should be totally avoided.)

Corruptors have an eight second cast time on their Mass Affliction. Combined with the four second pause that an interrupt will give, that is enough time that any DPS can single handedly interrupt every Mass Affliction cast by a Corruptor.

Between four DPS and two tanks there is no phase where there are so many adds up every Corruptor cannot be interrupted by a DPS every single time they are casting.

My guild completed The Dread Fortress last night and Mass Affliction was never applied to our team.

Assign you DPS to specific corruptors and you’ll never have that DoT to cleanse (or not be able to cleanse as the case may be.)

The problem here isn’t that Sorc healers are underpowered, or that this fight is poorly designed. The problem is with your team’s strategy for handling Corruptors in this fight (i.e. you are not approaching the mechanics properly and therefore are struggling with healing damage that should be totally avoided.)

Corruptors have an eight second cast time on their Mass Affliction. Combined with the four second pause that an interrupt will give, that is enough time that any DPS can single handedly interrupt every Mass Affliction cast by a Corruptor.

Between four DPS and two tanks there is no phase where there are so many adds up every Corruptor cannot be interrupted by a DPS every single time they are casting.

My guild completed The Dread Fortress last night and Mass Affliction was never applied to our team.

Assign you DPS to specific corruptors and you’ll never have that DoT to cleanse (or not be able to cleanse as the case may be.)

You're confusing which dot I'm talking about cleansing.

Mass Affliction, as you said, is easy to prevent.

I'm talking about Corrosive Grenade thrown out by Draxus on phases where he is up (namely Wave 5 in particular). It's a AOE, so if you have dps under the bulwark shield handling the corruptors, all of them get hit.

You're confusing which dot I'm talking about cleansing.

Mass Affliction, as you said, is easy to prevent.

I'm talking about Corrosive Grenade thrown out by Draxus on phases where he is up (namely Wave 5 in particular). It's a AOE, so if you have dps under the bulwark shield handling the corruptors, all of them get hit.

Ah, my mistake. I was DPSing on my guild's run, so I don't know exactly what our healers were up to (one Operative and one Sorcerer,) but they did request more use of defensive cooldowns and stacking, when possible, by the DPS to help them out. The healers complimented the DPS on the run when we downed the boss because we took so much less damage than our other attempts. It certainly requires an entire team effort to mitigate the damage.

Maybe your DPS can save any self-cleanses they have for the corrosive grenade toss?

The problem is group composition. The corrosive grenade is doing a massive amount of damage and it is random target and splashes to surrounding PCs. The dot is the real threat taking 70% hp quickly if not cleansed.

With group comp

T

Jug

Jug

H

Sorc

Sorc

D

Mar

Sorc

Snip

Snip

The fight becomes VERY VERY difficult. Now when we realized the issue we just rolled in ALTS subing H-Sorc for H-OP and D-PT for D-Merc and that resolves the issue.

Regardless this isn't NiM that is restricted very specific classes required. Being this harsh for HM is annoying to say the least. Then again with a little more 78 gear this may be a mute issue considering we had ZERO 78 gear going in.

The problem is group composition. The corrosive grenade is doing a massive amount of damage and it is random target and splashes to surrounding PCs. The dot is the real threat taking 70% hp quickly if not cleansed.

With group comp

T

Jug

Jug

H

Sorc

Sorc

D

Mar

Sorc

Snip

Snip

The fight becomes VERY VERY difficult. Now when we realized the issue we just rolled in ALTS subing H-Sorc for H-OP and D-PT for D-Merc and that resolves the issue.

Regardless this isn't NiM that is restricted very specific classes required. Being this harsh for HM is annoying to say the least. Then again with a little more 78 gear this may be a mute issue considering we had ZERO 78 gear going in.

Not true. I had bracers :mon_tongue:

Our group was:

• 2 Shadow Tanks
  • 2 Sage Healers
  • 1 Slinger
  • 2 Commandos
  • 1 Sentinel

Shadows resilience DOT off themselves, commandos do the same and sages were bubbling during the DOT. That left two to cleanse and two big yellow puddles of healing up on the raid. We were topped off most of the way except during the Guardians.

Yes.. it's pretty silly. In fact it just goes to show the FOTM true colors.

Snipers / Ops can Evasion out and clean every other one. Plus OPS can clean others.

If you have a group of mDPS you are basically screwed as they can't clean themselves. :rolleyes: