Didn't get referral speeder.

PhazeSeven

I've looked for this but couldn't find any information on the exact situation, so I'm just gonna ask.

Someone used my referral link and I can see them on my referrals, but I didn't get any rewards at all, not even the Kurtob Alliance Speeder. It also says: "You have made 0 Total Referrals that qualify you for in-game rewards."

Is there some sort of delay period? I know for a fact that the person who used my link is currently subscribed.

Referrals fall into 2 categories per https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/friends-of-swtor

1. is totally new account

2. is previous subscriber longer then 90 days

referral becomes a Subscriber within 14 days of signing up

If they fell into either of these when they used the referral and subscribed, submit an ingame ticket and see what CS has to say

Edited by OwenBrooks

Referrals fall into 2 categories per https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/friends-of-swtor

1. is totally new account

2. is previous subscriber longer then 90 days

There's also a third case, which is perhaps unintended. From my limited understanding:

3. Current subscriber who has never clicked a link can do so once. The clickee (referrer) gets the rewards (Speeder & CC), the clickor gets the 7-days and preferred bundle.

That's why you see so many chats hawking credits if you use their referral.

But RAF seems notoriously glitchy. And I'm guessing especially in that last case. So maybe your referral had already linked one in the past?

Whatever, I wish you luck with CS, or maybe it is just delayed. Good luck!

I've looked for this but couldn't find any information on the exact situation, so I'm just gonna ask.

Someone used my referral link and I can see them on my referrals, but I didn't get any rewards at all, not even the Kurtob Alliance Speeder. It also says: "You have made 0 Total Referrals that qualify you for in-game rewards."

Is there some sort of delay period? I know for a fact that the person who used my link is currently subscribed.

Simply using the referral link is not enough. There are other conditional factors that must be met. Even if they are a current subscriber, I believe they need to trigger a subscription cycle during the RAF time window for you to actually get credit for them. If they are a current subscriber and used a referral in the prior 6 months.... your referral link is invalid for the purposes of rewarding you and the other party. It is entirely possible that the system is incorrectly reporting the other party as eligible on your link.

In any case... open a ticket, they will review it.. and if in fact the other party did not qualify.. they will tell you so and explain why. If it was just a bug.. they will address it.

What you cannot do is get your problem solved with a post in general forum here.

Even at http://www.swtor.com/info/friends it doesn't say current subscribers count towards the speeder you are in for a disappointment me thinks

If it really is like that then the system is mediocre at best and not really worth it, since it's limited specifically to preferred players who click, and subscribe within 2 weeks, and brand new players who subscribe within 2 weeks of creating their accounts. The odds of someone doing that are incredibly low.

Thanks for the answer.

Edited by PhazeSeven
Spelling mistakes

when i click on a referral link it says "this referral already exists". can`t i click on multiple links at once?
No.

You have to wait at least 90-days since last time. Official site says

Previous Subscribers who participate in Friends of SWTOR cannot be referred again for 90 days.

It states that is for previous subs, but plenty of reports that you can be an active sub and click a referral link if 90+ days since you last did (just once?).