More people are excited about a new speicies than anything else in the EXP...

Delani

Why are new species in a Star Wars game bringing so many players a lot of happiness? Maybe allow more playable speices? even if that means less customization options and subtitle cutscenes.

Ex: Cerean, Bothan, Mon Calamari, Selkath, etc

Edited by Delani

I'd have to say that I have NO interest in new species. New classes - yes. New content - yes. New species - meh.

Edit - just to clarify - there's not a snowball's chance in hell that there will ever be a new "class" in SWTOR**. So, although I would be excited to see a new class, new "content" is the only thing I might find exciting.

** For the amount of work it would take to add a new class, they may as well upgrade the game "engine", fix all the bugs, make some new races, etc, etc - in other words, make a whole new SWTOR 2.0

Edited by JediQuaker

I'd have to say that I have NO interest in new species. New classes - yes. New content - yes. New species - meh.

Same here !

IMO... we can get more content with the addition of a new class... (especially at this juncture... a great time for it!)

Add the new content .. multiply that by the addition of a new class = well ...even more content!

(yeah .. I know, Kind of corny ... but still true!)

:D

Why are new species in a Star Wars game bringing so many players a lot of happiness? Maybe allow more playable speices? even if that means less customization options and subtitle cutscenes.

:) I have actually not any interest in this at all. What I *Do look forward to is stories that recognize my characters class, atleast a few Star Wars scale battles (Not 2 or 3 guys shooting at 2 or 3 other guys), ongoing, evolving stories, decisions that *Seem to matter and seeing *My. *Own. *Companions again.

HMMMM how about introducing a new class and a new species at the same time :0

Same here !

IMO... we can get more content with the addition of a new class... (especially at this juncture... a great time for it!)

Add the new content .. multiply that by the addition of a new class = well ...even more content!

(yeah .. I know, Kind of corny ... but still true!)

:D

A wookies class or a droid class or a zeltron class etc

As much as a new class would be great. Would not work. It would not be as well done as some of the other classes and would be the worse story of all of them. They do not have the means to bring it in at this point. Would be more work then they are willing to do.

I have 8 toons. One run through each of the 8 stories was enough, so I don't intend to create more. It's a nice addition for all those folks who do want to keep making multiple toons with the same class to replay the story over and over, but that's certainly not me.

HMMMM how about introducing a new class and a new species at the same time :0

A wookies class or a droid class or a zeltron class etc

The Wookie and droid would not necessarily be a class .. more like another race ... which I would have preferred any ways !

There have been a couple of suggestions in the last month or so ... even with deep roots in SWTOR lore ... found in the suggestion forum.

Ya know .... the Wookie idea as a race really is starting to grow on me !! There are a few moments ... where I just have a mental image of what would happen !!

:D:D:D

As much as a new class would be great. Would not work. It would not be as well done as some of the other classes and would be the worse story of all of them. They do not have the means to bring it in at this point. Would be more work then they are willing to do.

Actually... IF that class were introduced now at this juncture .. with the new conflict between Republic and Empire again.. it could be an ideal time.

It could happen.

OK... granted it's quite a dream in the clouds (so to speak) ... but it's something that I would like to see!

And for whatever it's worth .. you're probably right. Good grief ! It's a stretch to think that the stuff players are needing NOW. Adding something as big as a new class, would probably never make it to the planning stage... let alone make it in the game !

I have 8 toons. One run through each of the 8 stories was enough, so I don't intend to create more. It's a nice addition for all those folks who do want to keep making multiple toons with the same class to replay the story over and over, but that's certainly not me.

Its mainly for rp purposes, no class story or dialogue is needed tbh. People can use it in PVe and PvP as well. It just adds more flavor to the game imo. Things are too monotonous

They could do a new class rather easy tbh, it might take 6 months to a year but if people want a 1-50 class story then thats out the question.

Probably more people are excited about the new species than other things right now because we know very little about anything else out side of gear itemization. I can't imagine that people who care enough about story and aesthetics enough to want to roll new characters as Nautolans would be happy with fewer customization options and certainly not the horrible subtitled cutscenes.

They could do a new class rather easy tbh, it might take 6 months to a year but if people want a 1-50 class story then thats out the question.

I agree...

The 1-50 option .. or actually come to think of it ... let's say PRE-KotFE probably would be difficult at best ! And considering the expense to redo some of that... probably not wort it really (when it gets right down to it).

That said: KotFE or post KotET could be done at this juncture without any difficulty at all (IMO) .

In fact ... TBH .. another class could bring some more interesting game options to the table for both LS / Republic & DS / Empire players alike !

I have to be honest about that Wookie race option as well ... that still strikes me as something that just has the right ring to it for some reason !

Probably more people are excited about the new species than other things right now because we know very little about anything else out side of gear itemization. I can't imagine that people who care enough about story and aesthetics enough to want to roll new characters as Nautolans would be happy with fewer customization options and certainly not the horrible subtitled cutscenes.

You know ... I guess I haven't thought it in that light until now. Hmmm very interesting. I'll have to think on that a bit more ! Something to consider though ! I'm not saying you are entirely right ... however... there's no reason to think you're wrong either !

And they could do another 1-50 class as long as they could fit it into the pre-existing class stories.

This is an idea, a third opion for each class.

While I don't think you can do a top level, like Jedi Knight, you can do a

Sentinel, Guardian, Watchman

WIth their own 2 Disciplines, sharing Focus with the other two, and a new weapon

This could work.

and a whole new character to take through 1-50 would be great

WIth their own 2 Disciplines, sharing Focus with the other two, and a new weapon

This could work.

I was thinking about a class that has lore established in both Republic and Empire ... perhaps already mentioned or used as NPC's in game ... just played as of yet. The class wouldn't necessarily have to be force users either.

This could work.

Or a sniper based Trooper ... or something new-ish like an engineer based Trooper (mobile turrets maybe?). I don't know, I'm not really that creative. I'm sure someone could think of something appropriate for every current "class" ... and I say that in quotes because the previous advanced classes are now just the classes ... but you know what I mean.

Or a sniper based Trooper ... or something new-ish like an engineer based Trooper (mobile turrets maybe?). I don't know, I'm not really that creative. I'm sure someone could think of something appropriate for every current "class" ... and I say that in quotes because the previous advanced classes are now just the classes ... but you know what I mean.

I'm somewhat reluctant to post this... but ... well here goes.

I've been working on this for a while now. And I've tried to keep it structured within the context of "lore". I'm sure it still needs work... and well... would probably be better received if it were someone else idea:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=964179