When would you fall to the Darkside ?

mefit

Indeed. I could just bring some archeologists, but they might accidentally destroy some artifacts.

Then I would fall to the Dark Side. Stupid archeologists destroying artifacts. :mad:

:D

Don't worry aurbre, you could just hire me to defend the library by any means necessary :cool: I'd go to the darkside to protect the greatest knowledge in the universe.

Don't worry aurbre, you could just hire me to defend the library by any means necessary :cool: I'd go to the darkside to protect the greatest knowledge in the universe.

Yessss. Together we could collect all the knowledge in the galaxy! :)

I know the OP said to keep 'real life politics' out of it, but if I fell to the dark side it would likely be for political reasons. I'd generally stick to the Jedi teachings in a lot of ways (i.e. nonattachment), but making them the sworn protectors not of the people directly, per se, but of an inevitably corrupted body of "representatives", is just asking for problems.

So I'd stand by the Jedi teachings in many ways but object to its tying itself to the Republic. Maybe I'd join up with Dooku and try to usurp and reform the Separatist cause, or something. Or just join Edge-9. :D

Aside from that I agree with Aurbere. Especially in any era in which the Temple is standing. No way I'd pass up the opportunity to study/train at the largest archives in the galaxy!

In all honesty I love the thought if being a Jedi Knight. I feel like I could be a great hero (don't we all :D)

But I don't think I could keep to the code. I'm a passionate person, so I imagine I would make a much better trooper then a Jedi. Perhaps with a life time of training (like the Jedi) I could learn, but as it is, I might fall.

NOTE: I would only fall due to the darkside's corruption. If you get angry or something like that, then the darkside pretty much overtakes you. You have no control. As Yoda said (I think) concerning Anakin: "Skywalker is no more."

I think this indicates that once you allow youself emotions, regardless of your intent, the darkside begins to corrupt you.

With that in mind, I would never betray my side in a real life matter. I only stated that I could potentially fall to the darkside because of the force and what it does to you. Still, I'd make a much better trooper.

FOR THE REPUBLIC!!! :sy_havoc:

Edited by MasterMe

Aurbere, you'd so go dark side. In a flame war between you and MasterMe over Revan you'd just unleash a barrage of Force lightning, screaming "CONCEDE!" :D

Me for one. I'd reject 'light' and 'dark' and go my own path. There is only the Force after all. I would not adhere to any code, or a single idea. However my desire for power would probably drive me down the path of the dark side, I'd certainly dabble in Sith magic, and become an explorer, searching Sith tombs and Jedi temples, and combining the underworld for ancient relics. But I'd never be Sith, not truly, codes are not for me. I'd probably be more like this guy.

LOL

That was a good, much needed laugh for me. :D

LOL

That was a good, much needed laugh for me. :D

Seriously MasterMe, you need to become a Jedi. Only the Force can shield you from Aurbere's wrath! :D

But on topic, I think a lot of people if not all here would fall to the darkside. I assume we're all over five and the Jedi doesn't take older people in for a reason. They've already grown attached to people, and become accustomed to using their emotions and indulging their passions. So following the Jedi Code will be difficult. That's why I take my own path as freelance force using, artifact collecting, explorer dude. Who wields his lightsaber like this for added coolness. :cool:

I think this indicates that once you allow youself emotions, regardless of your intent, the darkside begins to corrupt you.

I don't think thats the case. Obi-Wan allowed himself emotions to a reasonable degree and didn't fall to the dark side. But you have to watch your emotions closely.

Seriously MasterMe, you need to become a Jedi. Only the Force can shield you from Aurbere's wrath! :D

But on topic, I think a lot of people if not all here would fall to the darkside. I assume we're all over five and the Jedi doesn't take older people in for a reason. They've already grown attached to people, and become accustomed to using their emotions and indulging their passions. So following the Jedi Code will be difficult. That's why I take my own path as freelance force using, artifact collecting, explorer dude. Who wields his lightsaber like this for added coolness. :cool:

Well as I said before, I wouldn't make a great Jedi and your point here added to mine.

Perhaps I'll join you as a freelancing force user? This would both be cool AND protect me from the awesome power of the historian! lol :D We'll be force-weilding vigilanties who battle for democracy!

EDIT: perhaps we should take up the names of Revan and Traya and fulfill our fanboiness?

Edited by MasterMe

Well if I can't join the jedi or the sith i know of a few orders i could join. Zeison Sha, Jal shey, Matukai adepts.

Plenty of other ways to learn the force that aren't tied to the sith or jedi, too bad they are not represented in this game.

Well if I can't join the jedi or the sith i know of a few orders i could join. Zeison Sha, Jal shey, Matukai adepts.

Plenty of other ways to learn the force that aren't tied to the sith or jedi, too bad they are not represented in this game.

I'm happy we see at least some new Force organizations: The Esh-ka savants and the Voss mystics.

Wait a minute... Aurbere. what do you think about an in-depth-look at different Force based organizations?

Edited by Maaruin

I'm happy we see at least some new Force organizations: The Esh-ka savants and the Voss mystics.

Wait a minute... Aurbere. what do you think about an in-depth-look at different Force based organizations?

It's in the works. I'll be doing Force-based organizations at the same time as Galactic History.

Are we talking if we were in the SW universe? Or reasom why we would in real life?

Sw universe: If my Padawan were to die I would most likely fall, I form attachments to easily.

RL: To much corruption/greed in the world, no sense of a common good, I would just become a Sith with good intentions of protecting the people, kind of similar to Anakin's fall almost.

I don't think I'd ever "fall" to the Dark Side, because I don't think I'd ever qualify to be "Light Side".

I certainly wouldn't fit into either the Jedi Order or the Sith paradigm.

I'd like to think I'd just be pottering along as a Potentium force user.

Edited by Dhamploc

My fall to the darkside would be gradual and with the best intentions. I've always caught myself in debates about certain topics leaning towards a slightly fascist approach, so with all that power it would be about doing whatever was necessary to protect and serve the Republic and punishing injustice instead of being true to the Jedi way. I see myself most likely being removed from the order, but also either enlisting in the Republic's military or becoming a politician (with some very useful mind swaying powers >:D).

The only way i will stay light side is if i live like a hermit/monk or something like that outside of society and do nothing all day every day except meditation.

If i live in society i will be either gray or dark side.Not for some stupid cheesy reason but because i think the light side(jedi) philosophy/world view is wrong in many of its aspects.

I wouldn't fall to anything and be redeemed out of anything,i will just be the way i am- mostly grey side.

Edited by Kaedusz