Just hit 50. Now what?

I picked up my free tionese gear and now I have no idea where to start. I don't PvP but I would like to do some flashpoints...

Can anyone give me some direction? =)

Use the group finder daily to do some hardmode flashpoints. You get black hole comms for completing them with the group finder. Try to get in some story mode operations. Make sure you come prepared. Guides are available on the web. Your goal right now should be to get as many black hole comms as possible per week until you get enough pieces to start to do HM EC. Do the weeklies in the Black Hole area and Section X. Do dailies on those planets as well, and Belsavis and Ilum, to get at least 600 daily comms for the Dread Guard relics. If you are dps, get the DG Relic of Boundless Ages and Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance if you use tech damage, and Relic of Elemental if you are force damage. Finding a guild that runs many different ops groups would be the best case scenario for you.

Edited by bbare

I hit 50 completely blind 2 the endgame approach. I found many very useful resources online. The guides on this site r a big help in understanding an MMO and ur class's job. Look under the new player guide and several other sites on the web.

After reading guides over and over as well as watching swtor vids, things start to come together. Not sayin it wont b painful as if like me ur guna wipe alot, but doing the wrong things makes u learn the right things.

Ask question's and tell peeps at start of Flashpoint tht ur new and 99% of them will help and r patient. Some r not either of those but thats life and who needs that type anyway.

1. get your matrix cube.(edit: as pointed out this depends on class, the pvp relic may be better)

2. Provided you know your role and rotation, then you can start doing HMFP. If not, read about rotation and go to 3.

3. Do some dailies on, Ilum, Belsavis, Black Hole and Section X. This may get boring fast, you get more daily comms from Section X (if you are after credits, do Ilum). Do the weekly in Black Hole and Section X for BH comms. You need daily comms for dread guard relics, you can use credits to augment and BIS gear from crafters or from the GTN. While doing dailies practice your rotation and role. You can also use daily comms to buy rakata ear and implants and save getting the bh ear and implants until you have upgraded your other gear.

4. Once you have rotation and role down, go back to 2 and do your daily HMFP and your weeklies. Use these to buy black hole gear. Understand that black gear is not great. You may have to buy mods and enhancements or buy additional gear and rip the mods and enhancements. Depending on your class, Gear Set Bonus may or may not be important. If it is useful you have 2 choices, rip the armor, mods and enhancements and put them in you gear with a set bonus or buy campaign armoring so you can wear what you want.

5. Read and watch video of story mode operation boss fights. Personally as soon as you get decent ear, implants and relic (like free easy to get matrix cube), see if you can get a group for SM Ops. If you are not in a guild, consider joining a guild. Remember it isn't just about a guild taking you, it is about if you will feel comfortable with the guild. So ask questions and understand that acceptances is a two way street. Guild run are the best way to do operations and you are likely to get gear faster as most are most likely geared well beyond anything you would be capable of doing right now. My guild would stick you straight in HM EV or HM KP. We all get bh comms and you would get rakata gear. You would be carried at first (something that may annoy you (it does me), but understand it will make it so you can pull your own weight faster in SM EC, SM TfB and HM EC). Guild are not scary, unless you join a progressive guild, time and other requirements should not any issue. Our guild is a member of an alliance with other guilds and as far as I know none of these groups have any requirements outside of the progression teams within the groups (where the requirement is to just show up for events you sign up for and show up for the majority of the events of your group (or give a explanation).

6. Gear up and have fun.

Edited by mikebevo

If you do PvP... I don't

But yes, you should do that if you can get a better one, if you can't then get the few martrix cube.

You get two Battlemaster-Relics as soon as you ding 50 right now. One almost always has Power and you can still get the cheaper ones for 11k Credits at the Recruit-vendor.

You get two Battlemaster-Relics as soon as you ding 50 right now. One almost always has Power and you can still get the cheaper ones for 11k Credits at the Recruit-vendor.

What he said. You don't need to pvp to get the BM relics, they are purchased with credits from the recruit vendor.

Neither is better for a smuggler.... Which is what my main was. On my other toons it didn't matter I was so over geared the moment they hit 50 that it didn't matter until I could afford the dread guard relics.

I was just going by the orginal poster comments, he wrote he did not PVP and if it is your first toon to 50, then free is even better than 11K until you get ear and implants. Although I will say get the recruit gear and use the impant, ear and relic until you can get something better. Personally I would use free pvp relic and the martix cube (depending on class)

Edited by mikebevo

If I already had all the shards needed for a matrix cube and was broke when I hit 50, then I would probably use a cube until I could buy the DG relics. But personally, those shards can be a real pain in the ***** and I would rather spend the 11k.

As a fresh 50, the difference between a matrix cube and BM relic is probably not that big of a deal when running entry level endgame content. To each his own.

If I already had all the shards needed for a matrix cube and was broke when I hit 50, then I would probably use a cube until I could buy the DG relics. But personally, those shards can be a real pain in the ***** and I would rather spend the 11k. .

I thought they were easy to get. My sawbones was a real breeze, now on my sentinel the belsavis shard was a pain unless you set there and wait for someone else to do it. I know when I got mine there was 3 people setting there waiting for someone to do it so they could just pick it up.

I however, got all the datacrons on my main, so I would have gotten them no matter what.

Cunning Martix Cube Red Red Red = 54 Endurance, 80 Cunning, 8 Critical Rating add a augment to that and I did not replace it until dread guard came out.

Edited by mikebevo

Don't forget to go to the PvP terminal, you'll get the recruit pvp gear for free without having to do any pvp. The set contains some (for the start) decent enough implants and stuff like that, definitely check it out, because there are too many people only with the tionese set and some green pre 50 relics and implants and stuff. It's free, but they don't know about it since they don't do pvp, which is a bit unlucky. The recruit gear should come with the mail, too.

I thought they were easy to get. My sawbones was a real breeze, now on my sentinel the belsavis shard was a pain unless you set there and wait for someone else to do it. I know when I got mine there was 3 people setting there waiting for someone to do it so they could just pick it up.

I however, got all the datacrons on my main, so I would have gotten them no matter what.

Cunning Martix Cube Red Red Red = 54 Endurance, 80 Cunning, 8 Critical Rating add a augment to that and I did not replace it until dread guard came out.

Some of them are pretty easy to get, and I made sure to get every datacron on my main, but after a few alts it just wasn't worth the hassle anymore. I would much rather shell out the 11k for a BM relic as a fresh 50.