Is 2.1 going to fix the Guardian/Juggernaut imbalance?

RolHai

For those who don't know the Guardian version of 'Inner Peace' gives 5% int/ele resist while the Juggernaut version (Dark Blood) only gives 4%. The CSR's in-game told people to put it in as a suggestion to the 'Suggestions Box' forum. Completely stupid advice given from people who have NFI about the game!

Bug Report

and

Tested and Confirmed

There are several more threads out there but these two are the best. A complete screw-up and ACTUAL imbalance between the factions/mirror class not being acknowledged meanwhile BW is happy to respond to silly appearance threads.:rak_02:

lol...1% brings out the RAGE!!!

I mean sure, point it out, but don't freak out dude. Haha it's not like it's causing you to lose 1v1's Guardian vs Jugg or anything. And it's certainly not making one class harder to play.

Think of how far you'll fall from that high horse when you finally get bucked....

Troll? OK. Let's take this moment to learn.

- HAHA crybaby little wimp boy doesn't like that he's WEAKER than someone else!!! Get over it whiny brat. You're unimportant, and you probably have a small *****. YOU DESERVE YOUR AWFUL FATE nerd boy!

*OR*

- Whoah bro, chill. Not a big deal, not a game breaker, gonna be ok. LOL.

Which of those seem like a troll post to you?

Which of those seems closer to my reply?

Don't cry troll. It makes you look like a thin-skinned little ninny. Wanna talk about imbalance between mirror classes? How about the fact that gunslingers have TWO weapons, while a sniper has ONE? Gunslinger has a chance to miss/be resisted on the off hand quite a bit, plus getting large single hits is tougher (5k single hit medal) - since sniper has all damage dumped into one weapon and slinger is spread over two.

And know what? Nobody gives a flying hoot. Go play the game kid. Don't cry about what you feel was "robbed" from you. "GIVE ME BACK MY 1%!!!" :eek:

So you are complaining about an intended game design decision, that also affects Commandos/Mercenaries by the way, while I'm asking about an UNINTENDED issue with the talent trees that were updated with 2.0.

You would be complaining if Gunslingers only got 2% accuracy with the Sharpshooter talent while Snipers for 3% with their Marksmanship talent would you not :rak_02:

Oh and thanks for the bump again mate! It helps keep this post on page 1.

Edited by RolHai

- HAHA crybaby little wimp boy doesn't like that he's WEAKER than someone else!!! Get over it whiny brat. You're unimportant, and you probably have a small *****. YOU DESERVE YOUR AWFUL FATE nerd boy!

*OR*

Don't cry troll. It makes you look like a thin-skinned little ninny. Wanna talk about imbalance between mirror classes? How about the fact that gunslingers have TWO weapons, while a sniper has ONE? Gunslinger has a chance to miss/be resisted on the off hand quite a bit, plus getting large single hits is tougher (5k single hit medal) - since sniper has all damage dumped into one weapon and slinger is spread over two.

And know what? Nobody gives a flying hoot. Go play the game kid. Don't cry about what you feel was "robbed" from you. "GIVE ME BACK MY 1%!!!" :eek:

Considering that Gaurdian and Juggernaunt are the same class in everyway, except on different Fractions, that 1% difference is important, especially when you take into account what putting a skill point in a spec tree does? Why it raises a skill by 1% :p

As for Smuggler/Gunslinger, doesn't the Sniper have more damage to make up for the lack of dual weapons?

You probably don't realize this, but that 1% difference actually makes the guardian ability 25% better (four increased by 25% is five)

Of course I realize this. But do you realize what that "extra 25%" actually gets you when yo PLAY THE GAME???

Do the math on the amount of actual damage you take when facing an attack against which this skill would mitigate some damage.

What's 1% of a 5,000 hit point attack? Maths anyone? Who's got their abacus? Hint, its 50...

What's 1% of your TOTAL health? Maths anyone? Seriously, like, 300ish at endgame. (30k hp) Meaning, if you took hits of the type that this skill mitigates against for the duration of an entire fight where you had NO healer, you'd only suffer an additional 300 damage.

As I said, negligible, and definitely worth reporting, but NOT worth raging over.

lol...1% brings out the RAGE!!!

I mean sure, point it out, but don't freak out dude. Haha it's not like it's causing you to lose 1v1's Guardian vs Jugg or anything. And it's certainly not making one class harder to play.

Think of how far you'll fall from that high horse when you finally get bucked....

Dude...your reply isn't helping your case at all. You read like a complete @sshat, whether you are or not. What's wrong with just acknowledging there's a bug, and saying, "good catch". "Hadn't noticed that." "Thanks for sharing." "I hope the devs comment on it soon as well."

But you can't do that apparently. So you poo poo all over the OP. That certainly makes you the winner....all of the internet is now celebrating your superiority. I can almost hear the applause. errr....NOT.

Of course I realize this. But do you realize what that "extra 25%" actually gets you when yo PLAY THE GAME???

Do the math on the amount of actual damage you take when facing an attack against which this skill would mitigate some damage.

What's 1% of a 5,000 hit point attack? Maths anyone? Who's got their abacus? Hint, its 50...

What's 1% of your TOTAL health? Maths anyone? Seriously, like, 300ish at endgame. (30k hp) Meaning, if you took hits of the type that this skill mitigates against for the duration of an entire fight where you had NO healer, you'd only suffer an additional 300 damage.

As I said, negligible, and definitely worth reporting, but NOT worth raging over.

Stop posting, do a favor for us.

OP is showing a bug, mirror classes are supposed to be equal.

Just respect the OP trying to show the error for Bioware.

For those who don't know the Guardian version of 'Inner Peace' gives 5% int/ele resist while the Juggernaut version (Dark Blood) only gives 4%. The CSR's in-game told people to put it in as a suggestion to the 'Suggestions Box' forum. Completely stupid advice given from people who have NFI about the game!

Bug Report

and

Tested and Confirmed

There are several more threads out there but these two are the best. A complete screw-up and ACTUAL imbalance between the factions/mirror class not being acknowledged meanwhile BW is happy to respond to silly appearance threads.:rak_02:

So, it's a confirmed bug, it's bug reported. Just because they don't comment about it in forum does not mean it's being ignored and won't be addressed.

Bugs go into a bug list.. they get evaluated and prioritized. If it's the most important bug in the list of bugs... then it will get fixed first. If not.. then it gets fixed later when it gets to the top of the priority queue.

It's not like this minor difference is game breaking or something. The random number generator in the game is going to work you over much more then a 1% error between the two classes. yeesh.

Heh, you should try playing an Assault Vanguard then. Our talent that's supposed to give 30% crit dmg to something as crucial as Ion Pulse doesn't even work, unlike our empire counterparts.

I do hope for you that they will fix this in the next patch. These kinds of mistakes shouldn't happen imo, and they should be hotfixed if they do.

Edited by Luxidenstore

So, it's a confirmed bug, it's bug reported. Just because they don't comment about it in forum does not mean it's being ignored and won't be addressed.

Bugs go into a bug list.. they get evaluated and prioritized. If it's the most important bug in the list of bugs... then it will get fixed first. If not.. then it gets fixed later when it gets to the top of the priority queue.

It's not like this minor difference is game breaking or something. The random number generator in the game is going to work you over much more then a 1% error between the two classes. yeesh.

Well actually, it's not on the Known issues list and the in-game CSR's are telling people to make a thread on the 'Suggestion Box' forum. This suggests that they do NOT know about the imbalance.

Admittedly I DID, and continue to, use strong language because it gets attention from other posters (see Uber_the_goober) and helps keep the thread on the first page to get attention.

Heh, you should try playing an Assault Vanguard then. Our talent that's supposed to give 30% crit dmg to something as crucial as Ion Pulse doesn't even work, unlike our empire counterparts.

I do hope for you that they will fix this in the next patch. These kinds of mistakes shouldn't happen imo, and they should be hotfixed if they do.

If this is true this is the first I've heard of it. The more awareness you can make of the issue the more likely it will get noticed and fixed.

Well actually, it's not on the Known issues list and the in-game CSR's are telling people to make a thread on the 'Suggestion Box' forum. This suggests that they do NOT know about the imbalance.

Admittedly I DID, and continue to, use strong language because it gets attention from other posters (see Uber_the_goober) and helps keep the thread on the first page to get attention.

If it's been bug reported multiple times in game (which I am sure is the case) then they got it.

The Known Issues thread is notoriously incomplete in terms of reporting every bug in game being worked on. Generally it only covers larg issues affecting all players. Even then.. it's not the definitive source of known bugs for the game.

And, this thread being on page one of general forum will not get the bug fixed faster IMO. But I guess if it makes you sleep better at night.. go with that thought. :)

If it's been bug reported multiple times in game (which I am sure is the case) then they got it.

The Known Issues thread is notoriously incomplete in terms of reporting every bug in game being worked on. Generally it only covers larg issues affecting all players. Even then.. it's not the definitive source of known bugs for the game.

And, this thread being on page one of general forum will not get the bug fixed faster IMO. But I guess if it makes you sleep better at night.. go with that thought. :)

Ok, and the CSR's telling people to make a suggestion about it (ie. not a bug report)?

1% matters. It doesn't matter often, but sometimes the raid wipes with the boss at 1%. Sometimes the boss goes down with the tank at 1% health. It doesn't happen very often, but it happens. People who know how to play may not stress out about 1%, but they know that 1% matters.

Ok, and the CSR's telling people to make a suggestion about it (ie. not a bug report)?

Dumb on the CSRs part IMO..if that is what they are saying. It can't hurt I guess.. but it's not the way to report bugs... it's the way to suggest new features or changes to features in the game.

Bug reports roll directly into an actionable database somewhere. A suggestion thread in the forum... meh... maybe the appropriate dev reads it... maybe not. Maybe they act on it, maybe not. At least the bug database would required a disposition action.. a proactive requirement that it be read and processed.

Edited by Andryah

Yes, because we know the fights where tank has NO healer are the typical example :rolleyes:

How about we use a more realistic scenario instead:

Let's say the tank(who DOES have a healer) takes 5000 damage hits every second. Being 1% less resistant actually means 50DPS higher damage intake. Over the course of a one minute fight that would come out as 3000 HP difference in damage taken, not 300. In a very close fight, that might be the difference between a dead boss and a dead tank because the healer couldn't cope with the increased DPS on the tank.

Also, the whole notion that 1% does not matter is ridiculous. Many of the abilities in many classes' talent trees only increase performance by just a few %. Shield spec? 2% pp. Saber mastery? 1% pp. Insight? 2% pp. Accuracy? 1% pp. etc. etc.

Edited by Sharee

I think the point is that small increments make a very big difference as damage and mitigation become very pronounced advantages or disadvantages at end game. That 1% could be the difference between winning and losing in both PvP and PvE respectively.

*OR*

**** troll and go back to your cave