We want to help make SWTOR the best

Ronaldd

Greetings!

Before we begin, we just want to say—SWTOR is awesome. It is so good to be immersed in the universe of our favorite story-line of all time. That being said, we want to completely love this game—we spend countless hours questing, grouping, and leveling. We want amazing, not just good. We want SWTOR to be the best. Your design folks recently stated that our input is important—a couple of my buddies and I sat down to discuss what we think could be better. We know you may not take all the suggestions—but we hope you consider them heavily, and even apply some of them. As there is a future expansion on the horizon, we hope these suggestions will have a meaningful and gainful impact on the game experience for everyone—particularly subscribers.

Player Customization—we pay for the game—a lot. Give us value.

Equipment

Let us pick the colors of our equipment. Not being able to do such a basic function is absurd, particularly in today’s gaming world. It doesn't have to be complex—in fact it shouldn't. All Armor at the very least should allow the player to choose primary, secondary, and accessory colors. We don’t want to look like every other player in the game—we want to be us. It’s very difficult especially when we get to the level cap and the best armor is the same armor everyone is going after—thus an identity problem.

Here is another equipment issue we've had. Why are there not hoods as a head slot equip? We find vestments or body armor that we really like—and we can’t have a hood. Additionally, why does a hood have to be a Jedi-only piece of equipment? A hood is simply cloth and should be available to all classes.

Light, Dark, Neutral—Who Cares?

Look—it’s great to give incentive to be light side, or dark side, or neither. But if the only benefit to being light, dark, or neutral is equipping armor and weapons that provide nothing special to other equipment of the same level, than all it becomes is a level-grind requirement and is a huge turn-off. Boo. We want our items to look like they belong to the light side, or the dark side. And they should provide a boost (stats etc) that correlates with being light, dark, or neutral. For example: Light-user light saber provides additional 2% damage to dark side aligned characters. Give us something to hoo-rah about when we reach light III or Dark II.

What about recognition for reaching Light III or dark II? Shouldn’t someone recognize that we are awesome and such? As I play a Jedi Sage, you’d think being so high in the light would yield some benefits? Make a force power? Heck, make a holocron for the archives? Record our own history we saw it? Maybe we don’t get to make a force power, but why not a perk for our favorite power or ability? Or our force powers (or favorite force powers) are augmented by our alignment?

Light side/dark side vendors: these items available never seem to update or get any better on the fleet—huge potential to increase the desire about being light or dark side. We want better and more stuff offered through those vendors. Thanks.

What we’re saying: We want to care about being light or dark. Or neutral. Right now, we, and most others, don’t care.

Speeders—they are too slow.

90, 100, or even 110% faster than walking might sound fast—but really—walking is very slow. Thus, going 100% faster isn’t actually going fast. (Perhaps this could be a perk for subscribers—faster speeds for the speeders). Speeders amount to really fast walking—and we don’t like it.

Class Missions

Why can’t a Jedi Knight also help a second Jedi Knight on his class mission? What if we all play Jedi Knights, and we don’t want to play as anything else? It’s absolutely infuriating that we can’t do that when it comes to class missions. We understand that a lower level Jedi Knight could have story spoiled for them if they tag on with a higher level Jedi Knight—we don’t want that. But why not allow a higher level Knight to help a lower level Knights as they have already had the story? Obi Wan and Anakin worked together just fine. They were both Jedi Knights.

SPACE SHIPS

You probably saw this one coming, and with good reason. We spend so much time in our ships—and they don’t feel like ours. They feel borrowed—rented. We understand there are probably good design arguments why every smuggler has the same ship—we are sure they are numerous and complex and necessary. But we have some suggestions that would go a long ways in making these ships feel like home—since we can’t actually have one.

Can’t we change the colors of our ships, like we suggest for our equipment; A primary color, a secondary color, and perhaps an auxiliary color? Remember—we care about making it our story, not a generic off-the-shelf static one. OURS.

How about the interior of the ship? Can we make it ours? Please? Colors—design of the holoterminal—what the bed looks like? Again, we want to love this game—be fully immersed in it that we spend all our free time in it. Yes? That’s what you want, and it’s what we want. It’s a win-win situation.

Mail Service

It takes too long. This is the Galactic Age—not the Stone Age. Perhaps for subscribers a faster mail service would be a nice perk.

CREW SKILLS

Probably one of the best features of this game. We love it. It was a huge improvement from galaxies. But that doesn’t mean it can’t be better.

Here is what we came up with:

Why is it our companions come set with an expertise in a particular area? What if our mission skills and quest skills and gathering skills never match up with any of the provided stat boosts our companions come with? Why can’t it be determined by us based on the frequency that companion carries out that mission or crafted item order? With practice anyone becomes more proficient at a particular task. Again, this is something that we think Subscribers would absolutely enjoy and appreciate. We want to love all our companions, not just one, or none; which is currently the case for us.

Closing Statements

We really hope that we don’t sound unsatisfied—because that isn’t the case. We want to help you make SWTOR the best experience out there. We believe most of these items of discussion are implementable and would be a huge win for subscribers. It might even be more incentive for FTP players to make that conversion to a subscriber.

Thank you for your time,

Your loyal subscribers,

Eznik, Kurtzov (Emlib, Mcdoogan) and Ras’shaak (Harbinger Server) West Coast

Class Missions:

If i'm not mistaken, with a simple option in the settings you can also get into a class mission zone of one of your own. I at last helped a trooper in a trooper only mission. ;)

Mail Service:

I literaly never had to wait for a mail? When i send an item to an alt it's always there if i log in the minute after.

Class Missions:

There is an option in your preferences that says same class story so the same class can help in the same story. You just have to check in preferances to do it.

Regarding Jedi Consular

At the end of Chapter 1 when you defeat the boss you go back to Tython and make your own holocron--true it is not actually something you get to read but the cut scene show you doing it.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Class Missions:

There is an option in your preferences that says same class story so the same class can help in the same story. You just have to check in preferances to do it.

Regarding Jedi Consular

At the end of Chapter 1 when you defeat the boss you go back to Tython and make your own holocron--true it is not actually something you get to read but the cut scene show you doing it.

You are correct--It's a major let-down in my humble opinion. I am currently in chapter 3 and some of my buddies are well beyond that point.

My input:

Start Now and Rework the Game into 3 sides, Like Starwars Forces Of Coruption im just saying moving the bounty hunters on their own side should of been done at the start, and remove the bounty hunter with an imp commando/shadow trooper. (but keep the bounty hunter storyline) but after the main quest then have the option to aligne with Republic or Empire or the Hutts! this would be amazing, Rouge Jedi, Assasin, Bounty Hunter, Hunter, scavenger, ect ect :D

The Grind for Better PVP gear, what i have noticed is for players who do not play all the time to get good PVP gear we need to grind and grind when we simply do not have the time to do so.

Like Battlemaster i got 4 bits of gear for it grinded for ages........ only to relise that you changed the specs and made a new armor look and new specs making my time wasted!!!!!!

Why not do a lotto system where you put comms in to get a chance to get allot of comms out.

Races too, i think it is limited with the races you have in the game, maybe a few more wouldnt help?

Also yes the PVP side of starwars and AI VS us or us VS us is good, but what about little mini games, like drag racing and space race (using your ship to go against another player) that sort of thing LIKE Pasak game card game for credits on tables, pod racing all things you could put into game, it will keep people coming back again and again.............

Im just saying they are ideas :)

a lot could be done to make this the best mmo ever, but most of it should have been done prelaunch. So much money put into the class stories and voiceovers that the rest of the game feels like it´s missing something. The worlds could have been less restricted and also they feel a bit dead. The planet stories should have given more background on the planets imo to build lore. The best planetary questline imo is taris rep side, problem is i dont like taris. The crafting is made too easy, you basicly just send your companions to do the crafting, your avatar spends zero time on crafting. GTN search is poor, replay of same class is very poor, the engine is poor. World pvp is allmost non existing, mainly because bioware have done their best to make sure imp and rep dont do quests in the same areas.

People allways say the strong point of swtor is the class stories. IMO that´s wrong. The stongest point by far is that it´s star wars. People play swtor to be ín that world. swtor should have been the main "character" in swtor, not the 8 different class stories. Also for RP reasons massive fokus on class stories are not optimal. I know it´s not important for most people, but a strong mmo should have a strong RP comunity imo. and the mmo should do their best to support roleplay.

The classes work well, and it´s nice to have more than 4 abilyties, even if some classes seem to have a ton. Just fix the lag and the ability delay. I´m trying to find more things i like about swtor, but most things are just done better in other mmo´s. On top of that swtor seems to be the most unstable mmo on the market.

I like how the classes play, that have been done realy well, and i love that it´s star wars. The cons should by far outweigh the pro´s it just doesn´t.