PvP Exloiting in Illum...The Truth

xcomax

This is what you can expect "end game" as far as your PvP goes in SWTOR. If you try and kill Republics the "right way," you get yelled at, harrassed, called an "effin moron" etc.

As you can see, they are trading off kills over and over and over. Niether side ever advancing one another. This particular event is on the "Wound in the Force" server.

Enjoy.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Working as intended?" So why not just make a small box of a map with a bridge in the middle and post a big sign up that says, "No rushing the other team, just stand in the back and die every once in awhile."

This is a joke, you're an epic fail Bioware.

It's happening everywhere and it's working as intended by Bioware. So no, it's not an exploit.

So this is what I have to look forward to? This is what I've been working so hard at to get to 50 and PvP? Can someone just confirm that Bioware has stated that this is "working as intended?" I refuse to keep playing this game if this is the case. That's the most hideous, cowardly and sickening form of PvP I've ever witnessed. To be honest, you can't even call this "PvP." This makes me sick.

"Working as intended?" So why not just make a small box of a map with a bridge in the middle and post a big sign up that says, "No rushing the other team, just stand in the back and die every once in awhile."

This is a joke, you're an epic fail Bioware.

There's a massive population imbalance in favor of Empire (for obvious reasons: absolutely terrible cosmetic options, bland story, lack of female companions, inferior animations, etc.).

Knowing this, Republic doesn't stand a chance in mass PvP "legit".

Since nearly every Republic player is intimately familiar with being outnumbered 10:1, they're not even going to bother to go to Illum unless they're kill trading.

So unlike Huttball, in order for Empire to participate in Illum, they have to politely ask Rep to trade kills: if they zerg rush and overwhelm, Repub just recall out and go do something else.

While it's boring as far as gameplay is concerned, it's a necessary evil due to terrible artistic vision and bad game design.

Like it or not, it's either this or nothing.

There's a massive population imbalance in favor of Empire (for obvious reasons: absolutely terrible cosmetic options, bland story, lack of female companions, inferior animations, etc.).

Since nearly every Republic player is intimately familiar with being outnumbered 10:1, they're not even going to bother to go to Illum unless they're kill trading.

So unlike Huttball, in order for Empire to participate in Illum, they have to politely ask Rep to trade kills: if they zerg rush and overwhelm, Repub just recall out and go do something else.

While it's boring as far as gameplay is concerned, it's a necessary evil due to terrible artistic vision and bad game design.

Can you or anyone else please show me where Bioware says this is "working as intended?" I'll be honest with you, this is a joke and I won't be playing this game for another hour if this is true. Under normal circumstances, this is "EXPLOITING," and lame just to keep it modest.

Thank you for posting this, and I'll go ahead and chance the title of my video on youtube to, "SWTOR PvP = Trading Kills is Working as Intended."

the first time i went to ilum i was abused by about 20 people in general chat for killing a rep, apparently it was his turn to kill all of them, i mean, i had no idea how it worked, i saw a rep, so i attacked him /shrug

i just logged out and started a new 1-49, i'm keeping away from 50.

Edited by Evuke

Can you or anyone else please show me where Bioware says this is "working as intended?" I'll be honest with you, this is a joke and I won't be playing this game for another hour if this is true. Under normal circumstances, this is "EXPLOITING," and lame just to keep it modest.

Think about it logically for a second: how would you punish these people? 3-day ban for dying in RvR? 7-day ban for not using their AoE skills when presented with multiple opponents? Perma-ban for afking near a red name?

No one claimed it's working as intended. Take down your straw-man please.

It's definitely not working as intended.

That being said, I'd rather that you leave over the republic guys who leave because of the frustrating game experience.

the first time i went to ilum i was abused by about 20 people in general chat for killing a rep, apparently it was his turn to kill all of them, i mean, i had no idea how it worked, i saw a rep, so i attacked him /shrug

That's what our entire guild goes through each time we visit Illum to get our daily/weekly done. We refuse to join their circle jerk of carebear Valor farming because we strongly believe it's "exploiting." However, we get cursed out, abused and made fun of by the entire raid in General chat just for trying to play the game right.

Anyways, I changed the title of my video. Also, we'll all be leaving within 2 weeks so it really doesn't matter. Tera is coming out and beta starts Friday. After 5 years of following this game, I feel like a complete idiot for even thinking anything good could come out of it. However, I'm deeply saddened it didn't.

Also, we'll all be leaving within 2 weeks so it really doesn't matter. Tera is coming out and beta starts Friday. After 5 years of following this game, I feel like a complete idiot for even thinking anything good could come out of it. However, I'm deeply saddened it didn't.

ZOMG is Tera seriously coming out soon? i thought that was set for 2013.

Is it open beta or closed?

I've been waiting for either Tera/Archage/Gw2 to come out for ages.

As for pvp in this game, well i had really low expectations for it, and it didn't even meet them. Nothing like being abused by the entire population of a zone for actually pvping.

Edited by Evuke

Feel sorry for most of the server with imbalances. Illium is pretty fun on my server, BW should think of something to do about it if people are just kill trading.

/shrug

However its annoying when you can't do your daily/weekly, if its a work around then it's a work around until BW fixes the issues. It's not like these kill traders have a different way to accomplish their mission each day. If Imps roll the 10-20 pubs each and every time they show their faces eventually no pubs will show cause they won't ever get thier daily done. I've been on Illium during slow hours, nothing to do by circle central for hours with 20 other imperials for tokens. Great fun.

Don't take this personally. I too want a good pvp experience, and if that can be had without kill-trading in a reasonable amount of time without doing circles, then I am all for that.

Ilum design is broken; Republics are outnumbered grossly. I pvp just for the heck of it even way after I have finished my daily, but, I also recognize that my opponents are people just like me, and they would be very frustrated had they not a reliable way to progress. Ilum does not provide that.

I talk with republic guys in Ilum, and some say people are quitting in droves. I don't know for sure, but I do know that I no longer see some of the familiar names in WZs. So, if I have to kill trade to help the republic guys to stay in game, I will do it, bypassing the tedious 2-hour central racing notwithstanding.

If you had looked past just your own enjoyment, you'd see that this is the lesser of two evils until they fix Ilum.

Edited by cymboll

On Anchorhead it's more organized. They meet up off in a corner of the map in large groups and take turns killing the zerg, and using the /stuck bug to pop back where they were.

We have Battlemasters that have never stepped foot into a Warzone, and potentially never killed another player (you can buff the Ops group to get into combat).

I've never seen an MMO **** up this badly.

ZOMG is Tera seriously coming out soon? i thought that was set for 2013.

Is it open beta or closed?

I've been waiting for either Tera/Archage/Gw2 to come out for ages.

As for pvp in this game, well i had really low expectations for it, and it didn't even meet them. Nothing like being abused by the entire population of a zone for actually pvping.

It's being released May 1st. However, if you pre-order the game you get into every beta starting this Friday, and get to keep your character and advancements throughout beta. You also get into early release. Same here, I've been waiting for quite a long time for Tera, but I did have very high hopes for SWTOR as well. That obviously didn't go well.

It's being released May 1st. However, if you pre-order the game you get into every beta starting this Friday, and get to keep your character and advancements throughout beta. You also get into early release. Same here, I've been waiting for quite a long time for Tera, but I did have very high hopes for SWTOR as well. That obviously didn't go well.

Oh sweet as, well i'm off to pre-order Tera!

That should see me through to Gw2 at least, maybe longer if it's as good as it sounds.

So, if I have to kill trade to help the republic guys to stay in game, I will do it, bypassing the tedious 2-hour central racing notwithstanding.

So what game are you just trying to pro-long the inevitable for? This game is dying, and with things such as this going on (and being supported by Bioware), I can't see it advancing anytime soon. Maybe one day, but definitely not now. Listen, my expectations were high also man. I even built a 4,000.00 rig JUST FOR THIS GAME. However, thank the LORD there are other games to play, because this one just isn't worthwhile anymore.

Oh sweet as, well i'm off to pre-order Tera!

That should see me through to Gw2 at least, maybe longer if it's as good as it sounds.

shoot me a PM, and I'll give you my info. Maybe we can hook up in beta. There's 13 of us going atm.

So what game are you just trying to pro-long the inevitable for? This game is dying, and with things such as this going on (and being supported by Bioware), I can't see it advancing anytime soon. Maybe one day, but definitely not now. Listen, my expectations were high also man. I even built a 4,000.00 rig JUST FOR THIS GAME. However, thank the LORD there are other games to play, because this one just isn't worthwhile anymore.

They definitely have strange priorities. With all the bugs in game and with the crappy UI... what is one of the first things they fixed? They "fixed" one of what I consider to be two legitimate ways to get to the datacron on the roof top in Mos Ila, Tatooine. Clearly game breaking.

They definitely have strange priorities. With all the bugs in game and with the crappy UI... what is one of the first things they fixed? They "fixed" one of what I consider to be two legitimate ways to get to the datacron on the roof top in Mos Ila, Tatooine. Clearly game breaking.

I agree with you 100%. I remember them taking the severs down for 4 hours on a Friday NIGHt to fix.........<<<<drum roll>>>>> /emotes from speeders!

I'm sorry but it is definitely not a necessary evil. It is sign of a lazy e-z moding community that cares nothing for PvP and only for farming points. All it does is further promote the instant gratification and entitlement attitude of players that is sweeping this and other MMO's. Anyone who farms rank this way has no right to call themselves a PvPer, in fact I personally rate them a step below "carebear" status as NPC's at least fight back.

You can't tell me that if both sides can get together and coordinate this kind of circle jerk, that they couldn't also get together and coordinate 1v1's 2v2's 3v3's ect. The sad truth is that that’s not going to happen as that would require both skill in having to win for kills and down time in watching and waiting for matches. Take out the instant gratification and you take away the interest of these types of players.

I play on EU server named Chundaar and i never even once saw so called trading on Ilum in my server. I play republic and most of the time its 4-5 to 1 favoring imperial side. They camp our base almost all the time and we just go to central/northern assault for capping bases and more fair fights. I even enjoy hunting with just 1-2 ppl outside assault zones finding 1-2 imps and taking on equal numbered fights. If you dont like it just attack as you want. You guys need to man up.

If I see people doing that I just call in backup from my guild and kill em all.... let the carebears QQ....