[Imperial] Alderaan Warzone - Left? Right?

Xaedus

I just realized that a good number of Imperial players go by the indication icons on the top right to determine which point is LEFT and RIGHT in this warzone.

Personally I thought the directions were relative to the ship we launched from. Apparently this is not the case, which resulted in some confusion in some matches.

On the Republic side this isn't an issue, as left is left and right is right on the panel, relative to their launching ship.

What do you think? Should Imperials get properly aligned indication icons?:cool:

I just realized that a good number of Imperial players go by the indication icons on the top right to determine which point is LEFT and RIGHT in this warzone.

Personally I thought the directions were relative to the ship we launched from. Apparently this is not the case, which resulted in some confusion in some matches.

On the Republic side this isn't an issue, as left is left and right is right on the panel, relative to their launching ship.

What do you think? Should Imperials get properly aligned indication icons?:cool:

i dont understand how hard it is to learn your left from your right. if someone says right turret then turn right out of your spawn, its an easy concept. i feel like the majority of the people here dont have a drivers license and were probably picked last for sports teams

on a related note, what possessed BW to flip the maps backwards? does this serve some special purpose that none of us can figure out?

East? West? What am I, Magellan? Do I have a compass? Should I get out the sextant? Do I look like a ship captain?

I kid, I kid...

Do you know whats funny ? most people here probably have no idea who Magellan was, until they google it :p

Do you know whats funny ? most people here probably have no idea who Magellan was, until they google it :p

+1

Anyway, I usually use left/right at the start before the game when it is clear everyone is looking the same way. When the match is underway I always use east/west.

i dont understand how hard it is to learn your left from your right. if someone says right turret then turn right out of your spawn, its an easy concept.

No it's not

The more situationally aware players aren't even looking at their toon as they run out of spawn, they're looking at the map to figure out what the other guys are doing, so left/right naturally has an entirely different meaning to them.

(also they use the bloody fast speeders and don't even arrive at the same point as you think everybody does)

Edited by dannythefool

Nope. Quite the opposite - most people here are intellectual snobs who think they are top 1% while being average Internet users in reality.

Meanwhile as imp I use "left-right" dire... Oh, I've forgot - I stopped to play warzones long ago after two weeks of bag-o-duplicates and bugs in "win 3 warzones" daily.

Edited by Pashgan

I believe a lot of people do not get the issue the OP is trying to make.

the map shows the turrets being on Left/Right or West/East however you want to say it.

But when you launch from your ship, the turret LEFT on your map, is actualy RIGHT and vise versa.

Using east/west will not solve this issue as it still depends on wether players orient themselfs by MAP or by the ship they come from.

and i've had quite some trouble explaining some groups WHERE they need to help resulting in losing a turret.

East? West? What am I, Magellan? Do I have a compass? Should I get out the sextant? Do I look like a ship captain?

I kid, I kid...

The map in game is alway right! only the characater is moving sooo then will nort be north, and east be east and south be souht

Edited by carbocat

I believe a lot of people do not get the issue the OP is trying to make.

the map shows the turrets being on Left/Right or West/East however you want to say it.

But when you launch from your ship, the turret LEFT on your map, is actualy RIGHT and vise versa.

Using east/west will not solve this issue as it still depends on wether players orient themselfs by MAP or by the ship they come from.

and i've had quite some trouble explaining some groups WHERE they need to help resulting in losing a turret.

if you orientate from the map, east will be east and west will be west, how hard is it?

For me it is from spawn, left or right, going to right turret and running left feels a bit weird :)

I think they should add numbers to the turret, 1,2,3 or flip the map since we will never be able to agree on if left is left.

West and East approach is too hard ? :rolleyes: You know, the minimap is static...

EAST = RIGHT on minimap

WEST = LEFT on minimap

How hard is to grasp that?

Edited by Dalnar

This sometimes happens in voidstar too as defender with ignorant people on the team. Left/right can only logically refer to position from spawn. Maps don't have lefts and rights, only east/west. People are just morons. Edited by vrok-

I have had the same problem.

But the best is to use east/west from the map.

You might be standing at mid defending, then someoune yells :"help left". then i would look at my map and asume he meant west.

The best way to help this confusion, would be to color the turrets, green, yellow and red. that would make it very easy to communicate and understand.

Though it would suck to be colorblind... ;)

West and East approach is too hard ? :rolleyes: You know, the minimap is static...

EAST = RIGHT on minimap

WEST = LEFT on minimap

How hard is to grasp that?

I did notice that today :) have had my minimap zoomed in to much to see it before. I think i will start using east/west now. But still a number on the turrets would have been nice since ppl will always be confused.

If you need help at the LEFT base then people that spawn should use the LEFT speeder to get there as fast as possible.

If you need help at the RIGHT base then people that spawn should use the speeder to the RIGHT to get there as fast as possible.

It's not rocked sience...

If LEFT speeder take you to the WEST or the EAST base depends, of course, on if your ship is located to the SOUTH or NORTH on the map. Doesn't matter though. "Help L" = use the LEFT speeder when you spawn, not the center one. Shrug.

Edited by Xenon-se

The best way to help this confusion, would be to color the turrets, green, yellow and red. that would make it very easy to communicate and understand.

Though it would suck to be colorblind... ;)

I'm colorblind so i will stick with my idea of nameing them 1, 2 and 3 :) or not use green and red together. blue yellow and red would work for colorblind also.