Friendly Reminder: MVP for healers

stupidsyrup

As the title says, this is just a friendly reminder that in Warzone's, if your healer does his job well, reward him for it. We don't get as many Medals as DPS'ers but we do our part to keep them alive. And also, normally for Heroics you put the guard on the DPS while Tank takes the aggro, but Warzone's are ENTIRELY different. The enemy marks you as soon as they see that green laser (I mainly use a healing Commando) and the snipers watch your every move. So be sure to put your guard on the healer. Do us a favor and just click that MVP button that allows us to get better gear faster and stay alive long enough to heal you to victory. And of course if you protect us well, we'll be sure to vote for you too!:D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to change servers if healers don't top the charts in MVP votes received. In PuG group on The Red Eclipse the top healer can usually count on 2+ votes every match. Most peoples default is freind > healer > someone who deserves it.

As the title says, this is just a friendly reminder that in Warzone's, if your healer does his job well, reward him for it. We don't get as many Medals as DPS'ers but we do our part to keep them alive. And also, normally for Heroics you put the guard on the DPS while Tank takes the aggro, but Warzone's are ENTIRELY different. The enemy marks you as soon as they see that green laser (I mainly use a healing Commando) and the snipers watch your every move. So be sure to put your guard on the healer. Do us a favor and just click that MVP button that allows us to get better gear faster and stay alive long enough to heal you to victory. And of course if you protect us well, we'll be sure to vote for you too!:D

I dunno, in my experience, the healers usually get plenty of love when it comes to WZs. It's the tanks that seem to go unnoticed.

And of course if you protect us well, we'll be sure to vote for you too!:D

That's just simply not true for most healers. I watch protection players go w/o votes from the healers all the time, more specifically.....zero votes period. That's become my new default vote. Most protection on team gets my vote. I've boycotted healers as they get all the token votes. Of course the votes don't really matter in this game, but I'm sure the tank appreciates the recognition anyways. :)

Meh, usually when I rant on the Fleet about no protection I get other healers whispering me about needing more protection and that they would vote for them too. But I see where you're coming from and you are right that MVP votes aren't much, but hey! every little bit helps. Of course then there's the idiots who get on to us for DPS'ing. It's cause we're protecting our *** while you, as a Guardian, are installing the bomb on the door. Sorry. Rage from today still coming out.

I think above 50% of the healers I guard are some marauder's pet and they don't give a toss about healing the person guarding them.

So here's a friendly reminder also: Heal your guard cause he's the one who noticed you and keeps an eye on you during the battle and he's the most likely to vote for you if you do a good job.

Personally I make a point of not voting for healer pets (healers following one guy around and ignoring everyone else).

So here's a friendly reminder also: Heal your guard cause he's the one who noticed you and keeps an eye on you during the battle and he's the most likely to vote for you if you do a good job.

Personally I make a point of not voting for healer pets (healers following one guy around and ignoring everyone else).

^^^this too. Always make sure to heal anyone. I'll follow the ball carrier as he needs it but I'll throw down a Kolto Bomb/Missile on the way. And pets are janked up too!

I'm on PotF and there is NO love for healers there. That's why I roll tanks too to show other healers some love.

What? I'm on Pot5, and most of the PUGs I'm in I see healers easily getting 1/2 the votes (how's that for subjective statistics? :) ). Maybe you are an Imp, and because Imps are evil they hate healers and don't vote for them? :D

What? I'm on Pot5, and most of the PUGs I'm in I see healers easily getting 1/2 the votes (how's that for subjective statistics? :) ). Maybe you are an Imp, and because Imps are evil they hate healers and don't vote for them? :D

Lol no I play as Republic mostly. But I do see the Empire voting for the most kills usually.

I think above 50% of the healers I guard are some marauder's pet and they don't give a toss about healing the person guarding them.

My main toon is a pure heal Sage. Whoever throws guard on me moves to the top of the heal priority list. And gets my vote. Will bubble anyone/everyone I can (non-stun variety) but guards are #1 in the heal rotation! Yes, I know where my bread it buttered.

As for people whining about pocket healers only healing 1 other person in the entire warzone...

I premade with a tank at pretty much all times so I"m guilty as charged. :D

I'll heal almost anyone else in the warzone (known scrubs excepted) triage permitting, but if either of us are getting focused, I know where my heals are going.

My MVP vote is friends>tanks>stunning objective play>other healers. Fortunately for me the first two categories overlap a lot so I don't have any trouble deciding who to vote for.

There are so few good tanks in pugs that I tend to notice the few who rise up to the occasion. Tanks, whisper your healers after the match, especially those who know you're guarding them and make a discernible effort to heal you, because you might make a new friend.

FTR, I met one of the tanks I premade with in a pug...

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

I don't give MVP to healers that often, simply because most of them are just trying to max their HPS (like healing theirselves, and not using situational awerness) which is not 'good' gameplay.

Stop with the martyr attitude. Healers don't deserve the MVP vote any more than any other role that performes well.

You're not 'keeping the DPS alive' any more than they are keeping you and the tanks alive. It's called teamplay.

Edited by SneiK

Stop with the martyr attitude. Healers don't deserve the MVP vote any more than any other role that performes well.

You're not 'keeping the DPS alive' any more than they are keeping you and the tanks alive. It's called teamplay.

I have not been showing a martyr attitude. I'm surprised by the LACK of people who help the healer (at least when I play). In Huttball it's me and the carrier. And healers cannot get more than a couple medals by healing themselves.

Btw, MVP gives a whole 5 Comms! And some Valor too. Honestly this thread was more for noobs because I know you guys know how to play.

I have not been showing a martyr attitude. I'm surprised by the LACK of people who help the healer (at least when I play). In Huttball it's me and the carrier. And healers cannot get more than a couple medals by healing themselves.

Btw, MVP gives a whole 5 Comms! And some Valor too. Honestly this thread was more for noobs because I know you guys know how to play.

nope nope nope nope nope nope its 1 comm look again.

Low level imps on Pot5 are horrible due to having a ton of f2p's. People roll on the biggest pvp server, and they probably heard that "imps are better at pvp". They probably don't even know what the mvp vote is half the time.

Add to that many imps make alt republics and twink them out on Pot5.

It will all even out eventually. The crappy players will roll to what they perceive as the "winning side", and then both factions will blow in low level wz's.

MVP votes aren't a big deal anyways. This game is ridiculously easy to gear up in, so don't worry about it.

I actually saw someone ask where their experience bar was on drommand kaas empire side. So yeah...don't stress it.

Edited by biowareftw

I'm on PoT5 as well and from what I've seen, heals usually get the most love. Marauders however, get very little. Doesn't matter how much damage and objectives I do, I rarely get any. But it doesn't bother me as long as we win.

Low level imps on Pot5 are horrible due to having a ton of f2p's. People roll on the biggest pvp server, and they probably heard that "imps are better at pvp". They probably don't even know what the mvp vote is half the time.

Add to that many imps make alt republics and twink them out on Pot5.

It will all even out eventually. The crappy players will roll to what they perceive as the "winning side", and then both factions will blow in low level wz's.

Yep, pubs on PoT5 usually dominate lowbie wz's. The majority of them always seem to be lvl 35+ while most imperial teams consist of lvl 10-20. Pubs seem better coordinated and more experienced, compared to many imps who are still new to this game.

I'm on PoT5 as well and from what I've seen, heals usually get the most love. Marauders however, get very little. Doesn't matter how much damage and objectives I do, I rarely get any. But it doesn't bother me as long as we win.

Yep, pubs on PoT5 usually dominate lowbie wz's. The majority of them always seem to be lvl 35+ while most imperial teams consist of lvl 10-20. Pubs seem better coordinated and more experienced, compared to many imps who are still new to this game.

I have to disagree with that. When F2P first went live it seemed that way, but it has really leveled out if you ask me. Then again, it may just be the fact that I had been playing a lot of sub-50 all on pub side recently and could just be a symptom of sub-50 PvP. Getting a little 50 PvP in yesterday was so much better.

Edited by Technohic

one of my biggest pet peeves is the self-promoting healer

this is compounded when 3 or 4 of them are on the same team and these types refuse to even auto-attack dps to help focus targets down

curiously, when it is time to vote i will usually vote for the top heals more often than not

i will specifically vote the healer when the green name appears over my toon as i'm being saved and it happens to be at the true points of crisis in a wz

but when the healer starts the wz as we zone in and says something such as "dont forget to vote for your healer for mvp-- i involuntarily will not vote and will sometimes go out of my way not to peel or protect even..."

everyone just do his job to the best of his ability and all will be well at the end of the wz