Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Web Content Roadmap

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
04.30.2019 , 01:21 PM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by UlaVii View Post
Can you please tell us a release date for 5.10.3 so we know when to expect Dantooine? Thank you
You can expect to get a release date for 5.10.3 later this month, hopefully with the “New In-Game Event - The Pirate Incursion” article.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
I think it is strongly in everyone's interest -- including BW's -- for you to discuss both the Advanced Class Abilities and the Spoils of War categories sooner rather than later. Let's stipulate that I have several obvious and notable Hutt-like strengths. One of them, however, is not programming and coding. Reliable sources tell me, though, it takes a while to do.
We agree completely with this. Once I’m done working on 5.10.3 related articles, I’ll be laying the foundation for the initial articles of ‘Onslaught’. The first deep-dive that I plan to start working on will be involving “Spoils of War”. We definitely want to keep the ball rolling with open dialogue on this, so you can expect a lot of information on this front. We will be kicking this off with more details via livestream and the forums in the coming weeks.

Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Daniel,
I would also suggest that you explain that the event on Dantooine is an event such as Gree, Bounty Hunter and the Rakqhoul missions which will rotate because a lot of people are thinking it will be a daily area such as Black Hole, Oricion etc. This may need to be explained so everyone.
This exact thing will be covered in detail with the upcoming “New In-Game Event - The Pirate Incursion” article.
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

UlaVii
04.30.2019 , 02:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
You can expect to get a release date for 5.10.3 later this month, hopefully with the “New In-Game Event - The Pirate Incursion” article.
Today is the last day of the month, looking forward to the article later today

On the off chance you meant May, could you give us a ballpark idea, will it be released in May or early June?

SteveTheCynic
04.30.2019 , 02:17 PM | #23
We agree completely with this. Once I’m done working on 5.10.3 related articles, I’ll be laying the foundation for the initial articles of ‘Onslaught’. The first deep-dive that I plan to start working on will be involving “Spoils of War”. We definitely want to keep the ball rolling with open dialogue on this, so you can expect a lot of information on this front. We will be kicking this off with more details via livestream and the forums in the coming weeks.
I would humbly request, for all of us who are in timezeones that make it hard to listen to the livestreams "live" that you provide the same information in a written form (e.g. website blog page, forum post, etc.). (And of course some people - myself included - prefer to read such information rather than listen to it anyway.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

minarc
05.03.2019 , 11:39 AM | #24
Hello everyone!

In one of my earlier posts I mentioned an idea that I had about a web content roadmap. Initially I had the idea to break it down month by month, but as I started to build it, I realized that really wasn’t viable. Instead, I have come it with a living format that will serve as a stickied forum post here.

Below I will list every idea that I have for articles between now and the release of ‘Onslaught’. I’ll have these broken down by topic and once I start the process of writing them, I will bump them up to the “Work in Progress” section. Then once they get published, I’ll come back to this post and link the articles.

Published:

‘Onslaught’ Announcement - April 13

Work in Progress:
  • Dantooine Tactical Report - This is a story-based article that will help set the scene and introduce Dantooine to players.
  • New In-Game Event - The Pirate Incursion - This article will explain everything involved with the new recurring in-game event. Timing, gameplay, rewards, and more will be explained here!
  • May In-Game Events - Basic breakdown of the in-game events slated for May.

Upcoming article topics:

Planets - With the two new planets, Onderon and Mek-sha, we would like to set the scene with a lore-based article for both. There could also be a backstory blog on Corellia or Dxun. We’re still tentative on how much to reveal about the bosses in the new Flashpoint and Operation as the last thing we want to do is spoil the fun of experiencing these firsthand. Another idea that I have is to do a behind-the-scenes look to show the making of both Onderon and Mek-sha, which could take on several different forms.

Nautolans - With Nautolans we would like to cover the history of the species for people that are more unfamiliar with their backstory and possibly a behind the scenes look at the building of them.

Classes - The changes to advanced classes with their new abilities, how these marry into the new itemization, and the overall philosophy of these changes are all things that I would like to cover. Tentatively the idea that I have on the table is something akin to a “Day in the life of ____” to paint a broad picture of how these pieces interact to provide an impactful level of gameplay.

“Spoils of War” - Our overall philosophy, a breakdown of Tactical items, set bonuses, and all the ways to get loot with ‘Onslaught’ are some of the topics that I plan to tackle. Whether this gets broken down into multiple articles, takes the form similar to the “Under the Hood” article, or another avenue is still being decided.

Story - ‘Onslaught’ will have a few key figures in the story and to set the scene there will be several highlight stories featuring these characters. These won’t touch the story in ‘Onslaught’, but will be more on their backstory or history. Also, as we get closer to the release of ‘Onslaught’ we would like to do a blog that will be of a similar style to the “State of the Galaxy” article before the release of Game Update 5.10 ‘Jedi Under Siege’.

Now as a disclaimer, none of these ideas are 100% set in stone as things can change in the next few months. For example, once I start writing an article, we could decide it would be better suited combining it with something else, or maybe splitting it into several different articles. I very well could come up with new ideas as well. I am also open to suggestions on topics or formats for certain articles. Over my time here we’ve written deep-dives, interviews, lore heavy blogs and more. Would you like to see another deep-dive? More interviews? If so, with who? For example, for “The Making of Onderon” article would you like another sit-down with Charles, or maybe someone from the art team? Let me know your thoughts!
Hello
I would like to know when you are going to solve the problem of tank guards in the PvP, they do more DPS than dps and in addition they do protection.
Thank you for your reply

DanielSteed
05.03.2019 , 01:49 PM | #25 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by UlaVii View Post
Today is the last day of the month, looking forward to the article later today

On the off chance you meant May, could you give us a ballpark idea, will it be released in May or early June?
Thanks for catching that, my mind was already in the mindset of May, so you are correct. Keep your eyes peeled on the Forums for that announcement later in the month!

Sarova
05.03.2019 , 01:58 PM | #26
Keep your eyes peeled on the Forums
I'm very literal (if that's what you call it). This sounds extremely painful!
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Nemmar
05.13.2019 , 05:58 PM | #27
I am super excited to see the class articles!

Good work!

DanielSteed
05.14.2019 , 03:19 PM | #28 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Updating this thread as all the articles involving Game Update 5.10.3 'The Dantooine Incursion' are now out (aside from the "Is Live" article when the update launches). The next article that I am working on is "The Spoils of War". This will be talking in depth about a lot of the changes happening to itemization and gearing with the 'Onslaught' expansion. We will also be hosting a livestream in the coming weeks to discuss this topic. Once the full details of that are ironed out, we'll be sure to make an announcement post.

FlameYOL
05.15.2019 , 10:04 AM | #29
Updating this thread as all the articles involving Game Update 5.10.3 'The Dantooine Incursion' are now out (aside from the "Is Live" article when the update launches). The next article that I am working on is "The Spoils of War". This will be talking in depth about a lot of the changes happening to itemization and gearing with the 'Onslaught' expansion. We will also be hosting a livestream in the coming weeks to discuss this topic. Once the full details of that are ironed out, we'll be sure to make an announcement post.
I look forward to hearing details about the new gearing system.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Xina_LA
05.16.2019 , 07:27 AM | #30
I'm looking forward to the new event.

While they're working on events, is there any chance of slightly improving the rewards for the Gree event? There are numerous threads of people asking for somewhat better solo player rewards.

Also, while you're posting new articles, could you please get an icon for the Strongholds forum? Thanks!
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--