Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why does the empire get more exclusive races then republic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why does the empire get more exclusive races then republic?

AdmiralOnasi
03.01.2012 , 03:01 AM | #11
It's been known since development (I remember concerns about favoritism being brought up in 2009) that BioWare put more effort into the empire. I've played characters from both sides, and it's incredibly obvious to me that empire got more attention. Like the guy above said, empire has faster animations, better looking gear, almost every single bug in the game works out in empire's favor (like the right turret on Alderaan which STILL IS NOT FIXED). And let's not even go into the Fleet thing. Anyone that's played both sides knows the imp fleet is a hopping nightclub while the pub fleet is an airport.

You know, it's no wonder so many people want to play empire. You can actually find people for group content, you own Ilum 23.5 hours a day, and all the little discrepancies are in your favor. It also helps when the devs chose not to punish anyone after you spawn camped Ilum for 8 hours on patch day.

muzzle_flash
03.01.2012 , 03:01 AM | #12
The devs prefer to play empire and it seeps through

spudbynight
03.01.2012 , 05:59 AM | #13
Voss are neutral

AsheraII
03.01.2012 , 06:50 AM | #14
Oh, so that's why T7 comes with a couple of appearance customizations while SCORPIO is only available in yellow lining. Yup, that's clearly favouritism towards the Empire I'd say.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

ConspicuousTree
03.01.2012 , 06:57 AM | #15
Balanced somewhat by races being available to more classes Republic-side because of actual in-game canon racism Empire-side.
The Hale Legacy - The Progenitor

Alpha-Llama
03.01.2012 , 07:08 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by kottonmouth View Post
why do republic turrets not work, why do republic attack animations take longer, why does empire get all the cool looking armour and saber colours, why in alderaan civil was does the map start out with turrets facing republic ship, why is it when wzs game time out due to lack of players empire wins even tho the last attacker should, why r cyan crystals going to be cheaper than purple crystals next week? List goes on but ill stop there.
I am empire and am running around in BH pvp armor that makes me look like someone has strapped a kitchen trash can to my chest and im wearing a helmet that looks like its a world war two helmet with two spotlights welded on either side....oh and i forgot the toilet roll bracers.
you see these crawler keys ? You'll never get these, they belong to the nine eight possee
.............Besh - Ctrl-Alt-Elite

Alavastre
03.01.2012 , 07:12 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by spudbynight View Post
Voss are neutral
I haven't played the Sith side on Voss yet, pretty close, but as a Consular it seemed as if Voss was neutral but were leaning towards the Republic. Or, they were heavily favoring the Republic, they just couldn't declare yet. But I would like to have a Pub that is a Voss. Ended up being one of my favorite races in the game. Probably easy enough to add the little effect to their voice.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

dazednconfuzed
03.01.2012 , 07:22 AM | #18
Asking all these questions...

You could also ask why the Republic are the the only ones to get lower level multi-stage bonus missions. On my Knight, I must have seen about a dozen bonus objectives pop up for missions that have had three stages, each one resulting in a reward of 3 commendations.

Imperial side, I've seen none, and that is up to level 21.

Or, maybe why it is easier for Republic to make credits from missions? Imp side, I have barely pulled together enough credits to buy my first bag expansion by the time I'm leaving my starting world. Republic side, I can afford it by level 6.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

Elladan
03.01.2012 , 08:06 AM | #19
We're expansionists, hence more races were assimilated.
The Ebon Hawk:
Roanim - Sith Juggernaut ; Casiee- Mercenary; Rossume - Jedi Guardian; V'eera - Sith Sorcerer (for the heals)

Thunder-God
03.01.2012 , 08:12 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Elladan View Post
We're expansionists, hence more races were assimilated.
All I hear about while playing empire is those dirty filthy aliens the Republic likes recruiting...or how I'm so special because I'm an alien in the Sith ranks. So if anything it should be exactly the opposite. Empire is exclusive, Republic is inclusive.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aram_Darksun View Post
To spell Republic, it takes two less letters than Sith Empire. Therefor it is more convenient for Republic players to say which faction they play.

HATE CRIME!

Oh wait, I can just say Sith..
More correct, Empire, half the classes on the Empire side do not identify themselves as Sith. I'm a Bounty Hunter on my main and I'm as independent as you can get...I go where the money is. The Empire are evil bastards though, so they like offing more people...so I side with the Empire.
-----=====Animus=====-----
Jianna Rae, Mercenary, 50 | Darth Cell'ax, Sorcerer, 50
Death Wind Corridor (PVP US East) on: Google+ - Twitter - Facebook