im on enemy within with my level 63 sith maurder but it says i need an ops group

JakeAchilles

what is an ops group it wont let me carry on with the mission cant go passed the entrance

An ops group is a group with up to 24 players. Operations (called raids in most other MMOs) are for groups with 8 or 16 players. Some stand-alone ops-bosses can (should) be done with even more. Ops groups have several healers and often 2 tanks. Not only are the fights harder, there are also mechanics that require the group to swap targets, split up, or leave someone behind to push buttons.

So even if you were strong enough to solo the bosses, you would still fail because you can't do the scripted teamwork-mechanics alone. This is why the game requires you to be in an ops group to enter.

If you did the Shadow of Revan story to the point where you need to do the operation, you can skip that and do some solo quests instead. If you did the Oricon quest to the point where you need to do the operations, or accepted the mission for the Rakghoul event ops boss, or an operation on fleet, then you can't do that without grouping. (Better get some experience in flashpoints and world boss groups first)

Edited by Mubrak

If you did the Shadow of Revan story to the point where you need to do the operation, you can skip that and do some solo quests instead.
I believe the problem is he did the conversation leading up to that point, and chose the [OPERATION] option. He just needs to reset the mission (converstaion right after the choice says, "You may reset this mission at any time to alter your choice") and then pick the [sOLO] option.