What I and you except from 7.0 (If we ever see it. )

lord-angelus

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our experience should not suffer because you have created 170 characters. That is entirely your problem and not mine. Maybe the reason you have so many is that game doesn't challenge or feel engaging enough ...

no, maybe it's because some of us have been here a long time, and done this stuff over and over, and don't need to do it again. Our experience shouldn't be ruined because of you...how does that sound. If you want things different, ask for a toggle option, don't be a <redacted> and ask for everyone to be stuck in the same boat. That's the difference, some people want to have it their way, but they also want others to enjoy it too, so options are great. But other <redacted> just want it their way without even thinking about the impact it might have on others.

I'm just going to say this.

No matter how good the story is.

No matter how good the content is.

It is not going to mean much if classes stay the same, and skill bloat stays.

BDO is proof that combat beats all it is still going strong and the story sucks. End game pve content most players don't have gear for. Yet, some how has a strong community because the combat is so good.

Yes the people now scared of change and even mention skill bloat makes them be like. "No I don't want this game to be like gw2 or eso." And I'm just like...Do you understand just how bad the combat is right now? The developers are so creative bankrupt that they added the most boring skill for my warrior. Furious power. A button I hit just to buff my damage. Like this combat design is so out dated, and so clueless.

I don't expect much TBH. A tinker here an unwanted change there. Five minutes of story continuation somewhere.

Some overpriced baubles on the Cartel Market, as well as items with the sale markdown that have been that way for months and months. Maybe a bug changed to "operating as intended".

Did I mention a NEW astromech droid pet?

Yes I'm jaded > 9 years will do that to you. When the same stuff is still appearing, when player suggestions are seemingly not taken into account or the "There, there, players we know better".

IDK what goes on in Austin, IDK if they are in a constant battle with EA - I do know SWTOR could be better, could be awesome. I mean I'm still playing (if a great new SW MMO comes out maybe I will go there) even with the stuff I don't like or the stuff we don't seem to get; though I've stopped expecting much - I'll be less disappointed.

Yes the people now scared of change and even mention skill bloat makes them be like. "No I don't want this game to be like gw2 or eso." And I'm just like...Do you understand just how bad the combat is right now? The developers are so creative bankrupt that they added the most boring skill for my warrior. Furious power. A button I hit just to buff my damage. Like this combat design is so out dated, and so clueless.

I'll say it for you, I don't want this game to be like GW2 or ESO. Changes in core systems, like combat, have to be made very carefully in order not to alienate the current playerbase, we already saw how completely reinventing the wheel back during the early days of Galactic Command drove a lot of players away. A change in the combat system, on all classes across the board, needs to be handled extremely carefully to avoid a situation like that repeating itself. While the game has recovered since then, I don't believe another massive exodus should happen.

However, I will grant you the possibility that there are ways to change up the combat to make it more interesting appealing.And I would hope that the developers consider it IF it pleases players and if it even brings new people. I'll swallow that pill of a combat change, if its actually good. But all the people demanding the combat to be instantly like completely other games rarely have constructive criticism of how to get there, saying "skill bloat" over and over is not helpful.

How would you change the way stuff works? Would we go back to talent trees or keep the discipline system? What about utilities, or the current set bonuses? If I have a set bonus for an ability that no longer exists how would you adress that set bonus? Remove it entirely, change it to boost another ability? How would you address current bosses as well, would they have mechanics changed to accommodate for the new combat system? Would they not? If they don't would players be at a disadvantage against them due to missing a few of the old abilities? Again, I'm not trying to discredit or completely invalidate your opinion.

If a combat change happens that is good, I'm open to it, I bloody love the skill bloat of this game. I love having all these different abilities, some which are quite situational, but if they decide to reduce that and if the change doesn't take away from the fun of the combat... hell if even adds, then please by all means do it. Let me see how a new Sith Assassin would look like, but again, that is not something that can be done lightly or without VERY careful consideration. Because its something that affects the very core of the game, and the last time they tried to mess with that without giving two flying bantha poodoos thing went bad.

Edited by FlameYOL

snip

I'm not saying that it needs to be like them, but the core class design itself. They pretty much stole most of the ideas from classic wow, and wow class design changed over years. Some like some don't. The point is at least it changed.

A mmo keeps changing, and people are not going to be happy and people will leave. But if the game is going to grow, it needs to make decent changes to the number one complaint about the game. Combat. (second is graphics but good combat>all.)

For example, Vengeance sith. Once you got the stats, rage feels pointless and you have tons of defensive cds that is bloat, you could combine many or buff some to have bigger impact. Heck in pvp, all the defenses cds don't mean jack. and in pve they become tedious to the point where you can cycle through them making them feel less like a choice and even less of a impact.

Your skills should have a impact. What I would do is remove rage cost of all skills. Take away a few of them like impale. Assault builds only 1 rage. Sweeping the same 1. Force scream lower cd and adds a nasty dot. (only 1 dot.) and Smash still spreads that dot. But assault builds rage, and has a chance to proc Shatter or Ravager that hits much much harder than it does now. (since you want to pull power from losing 2 other dots, but still keep it a dot build.) Once you get full rage. Your rage slowly drains and you are empowered also you can use all skills without proc. Still keeping hew and saber throw. But gets rid of sunder assault and furious power. I hate furious power with a passion. The most dullest skill i have ever seen.

I mean it is just an idea, but that one change still keeps the idea of the spec. Changes it to not play the same giving it own flavor. And is way more interactive in a fun way more than a tedious way.

Edited by Teladis

I'm not saying that it needs to be like them, but the core class design itself. They pretty much stole most of the ideas from classic wow, and wow class design changed over years. Some like some don't. The point is at least it changed.

A mmo keeps changing, and people are not going to be happy and people will leave. But if the game is going to grow, it needs to make decent changes to the number one complaint about the game. Combat. (second is graphics but good combat>all.)

For example, Vengeance sith. Once you got the stats, rage feels pointless and you have tons of defensive cds that is bloat, you could combine many or buff some to have bigger impact. Heck in pvp, all the defenses cds don't mean jack. and in pve they become tedious to the point where you can cycle through them making them feel less like a choice and even less of a impact.

Your skills should have a impact. What I would do is remove rage cost of all skills. Take away a few of them like impale. Assault builds only 1 rage. Sweeping the same 1. Force scream lower cd and adds a nasty dot. (only 1 dot.) and Smash still spreads that dot. But assault builds rage, and has a chance to proc Shatter or Ravager that hits much much harder than it does now. (since you want to pull power from losing 2 other dots, but still keep it a dot build.) Once you get full rage. Your rage slowly regens and you can use all skills without proc. Still keeping hew and saber throw. But gets rid of sunder assault and furious power. I hate furious power with a passion. The most dullest skill i have ever seen.

I mean it is just an idea, but that one change still keeps the idea of the spec. Changes it to not play the same giving it own flavor. And is way more interactive in a fun way more than a tedious way.

With your example, I'm able to understand the idea much better. Which is appreciated.

With your example, I'm able to understand the idea much better. Which is appreciated.

Np i typed it fast and messed up some but glad you got the idea. I wanted to show that you can be pretty creative with the classes what we got now. I would love the rage system to change so when you get max amount it slowly drains but you are empowered. Like Rage for sith and one with the force for jedi.

Well if you don't invest you don't get returns. I completely understand investors and ea on this point. This game was heavily founded, like the most coasted MMO to produce. And yet Biofail failed heavily on lunch. But FFXIV was much more a mess now people say shadowbringers is 'BEST MMO EXPANSION EVER'.

Either Bioware needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat like that or pull the plug imo.

i mean the game's made them a billion dollars over 10 years, whatever happened at launch TOR is a surprisingly consistent cash cow for the company...

i mean the game's made them a billion dollars over 10 years, whatever happened at launch TOR is a surprisingly consistent cash cow for the company...

This game still has untapped potential. That is the sad thing, The gearing now is the most fun I've had in a mmo. It is genius to gear at whatever pace you want, doing whatever content you want and can get a very strong char.

All they got to do is improve the classes, have a major story arc like they enjoy to do. Bioware does not understand, the first thing many of us get asked when trying to get people back into the game. Did they improve the combat? Is the classes still bloated?

This game still has untapped potential. That is the sad thing, The gearing now is the most fun I've had in a mmo. It is genius to gear at whatever pace you want, doing whatever content you want and can get a very strong char.

I also enjoy Spoils of War much more than any previous gear system. For once I tried to gear all of my characters, not just a few, on max Irating gear.

I also enjoy Spoils of War much more than any previous gear system. For once I tried to gear all of my characters, not just a few, on max Irating gear.

Two thumbs up !!

What we have now is one of the best gearing systems we have had so far ! Needs a few "tweaks" ( a little less RNG in the set armor stuff) ... but aside from that ... excellent!

I also enjoy Spoils of War much more than any previous gear system.

What we have now is one of the best gearing systems we have had so far ! Needs a few "tweaks" ( a little less RNG in the set armor stuff) ... but aside from that ... excellent!

Absolutely. I live in constant fear that BW will fix it. (No, not the RNG part) :-|

Absolutely. I live in constant fear that BW will fix it. (No, not the RNG part) :-|

Personally I preferred 5.x after the addition of vendors. This rng on top of rng with rng item mods, even to the point of adding more item mods explicitly so it would be less likely you get the one you needed (under the ruse of providing more options) is too much. Especially in conjunction with the fact that the overwhelming majority of endgame pve content is downscaled, and thus, stat capped.

The system does need fixing. Primarily the idiotic scaling of endgame, secondary the item mod randomness issue, thirdly amplifiers, fourth augments.

Edited by KendraP

Two thumbs up !!

Indeed, one of the things I would like to see are even more set bonuses... that are useful. I feel like not every class has a good balance of useful set bonuses and tacticals, hopefully with time that will improve. And of course, removing the RNG aspect of the Spoils of War vendor.

Indeed, one of the things I would like to see are even more set bonuses... that are useful. I feel like not every class has a good balance of useful set bonuses and tacticals, hopefully with time that will improve. And of course, removing the RNG aspect of the Spoils of War vendor.

It's amazing how many people are on board with this one bud !! There are several aspects of what is there already ... just needs to build on it and or "tweak" some !!

IMO ... that would be a solid piece in building the bridge !!

I like the Spoils of War. it has many excellent ideas. Tacticals I think one of the best additions to the game in recent years. Having more than one buildout option is also pretty nice - though it still seems to distill to one meta these days.

There are some things I don't like - heavy reliance on RNG, too many variances for mods/enhancements, and of course the massive credit sink that is amplifiers. Again idea of small bonuses is excellent, execution beyond horrible.

Finally the gearing process itself - I don't like it. I much rather prefer 2.10 days, very little RNG, you knew where to get what, PvE and PvP had their own gear progression path. And gear level depended on the type of content one played.

So personally I'd like to see Spoils of War evolved - it is in general a great system, but process of acquiring return to old style. Relevant gear from relevant content.

I like the Spoils of War. it has many excellent ideas. Tacticals I think one of the best additions to the game in recent years. Having more than one buildout option is also pretty nice - though it still seems to distill to one meta these days.

The funny thing about that, is that even though ESO's multitude of bonus sets are far more interesting than SWTOR's (6) Pick Your Nose 2% faster bonus sets, it suffers from that very same problem. It's nice that there are so many cool ways to gear your characters in that game, but what's the point if every group and their mother, and perhaps the content itself even, requires a specific build? Essentially, I have all these characters to play, but no game to play them with.

Ideally, for SWTOR, the sets need to be more interesting, provide more character, and the content need not be too difficult for any set to overcome. I prefer though if they got rid of the whole variety of set bonuses thing, and designed specific sets for specific specialization like pre-6.0. It's just easier for everyone that way.

My tinfoil guess is that they hope that you accidently choose the wrong set, thereby providing Bioware with more playtime by regrinding the one you actually need. Which happened to me. And ticked me buttocks off, causing me to despise the system enough to stop playing... the complete opposite of what Bioware ought to desire?

Edited by ForfiniteStories

Fix the bugs?

Seriously, the story in this game is, to me, the best SW story.

The game itself is fun. I can go completely solo or do some group contents depending on what I want.

But they need to fix the bugs and listen to people's feedback.

Expect? From the crew currently running the game?

Not much - given both the small size of staff and their demonstrated total inability to manage the existing game.

Sure, we'll probably see some new areas (with a lot instanced) and some new cut scenes - but it will pale in comparison to what already exists, and when it comes, a bunch of existing content and systems will get broken or taken backwards.

Edited by DawnAskham

Expect? From the crew currently running the game?

Not much - given both the small size of staff and their demonstrated total inability to manage the existing game.

Sure, we'll probably see some new areas (with a lot instanced) and some new cut scenes - but it will pale in comparison to what already exists, and when it comes, a bunch of existing content and systems will get broken or taken backwards.

Don't forget nerfs, nerfs and more nerfs.... Content being ruined, or destroyed to a point where it's meaningless...

The issue is within Bioware itself, this guy pretty much highlights just how bad they've been faring over the years.

I had no idea they lost THAT many people. So you can understand how their lowest priority game right now suffers.

Edited by vallixas

... we'll probably see some new areas (with a lot instanced) and some new cut scenes - but it will pale in comparison to what already exists, and when it comes, a bunch of existing content and systems will get broken or taken backwards.

Don't forget nerfs, nerfs and more nerfs.... Content being ruined, or destroyed to a point where it's meaningless...

Several new, very grindy achievements that will be broken when they arrive.

I suspect they will add VM and MM to Class Stories and add achievements to do all 8 stories on both those modes.