Core World Changes

TaitWatson

Am I reading this as the end of 'mission complete' convos, where you gain social points, and Light-side / dark-side options and potential companion affection gains?

Since they're "focused on story" I would suspect those we still need to return

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I'm agreeing with TUXs here...

That's a sure sign that you've done something massively wrong. We almost never agree on anything.

But when we do, it's usually something that turns out to be a massively stupid move by you guys.

Right!? You know it's a boneheaded move now...

Add to that the whole descaling thing and I get even more confused...for what purpose now? To go back and see all the non-repeatable missions you once did? To count the number of one-time quests on a planet?

And I really liked your reply above this one that I'm quoting.

Drawing inspiration from the success of last year’s 12x XP boost and the more recent Epic Story XP Boost, in Fallen Empire we’ve altered the core leveling experience from 1-60 for all players, making it quicker and more story-centric.

Read More

disregard.. wrong thread.. button f'ed myself.

Edited by Wasabi

Hmmm... I was figuring on you changing it so that we could basically play almost like it is with the Epic story boost, and only do the storyline missions and maby one or two other mission, but instead you've hardly changed it at all.

And I am SO glad they didn't. No one should get THAT much of a boost unless they are a subscriber. If they streamlined base content like the F2P would get an unfair boost and that would not be right at all.

when is this happening

Uh . . . . seriously . . . . ?

Edited by Faelandaea

when is this happening
Well I thought I knew this but some people have been saying a different date from what I knew.

So either it happens at full launch on the 27th (which is what I thought it was) or the early access on the 20th (this doesn't make sense but some have been saying this).

I felt like going the non sarcastic route for this reply, my 1 good deed for the day.

Edited by mudmobile

Well I thought I knew this but some people have been saying a different date from what I knew.

So either it happens at full launch on the 27th (which is what I thought it was) or the early access on the 20th (this doesn't make sense but some have been saying this).

I felt like going the non sarcastic route for this reply, my 1 good deed for the day.

hehe I know the feeling.

On a serious note, it is happening when the expansion hits. For those with early access - what we get access to then are the new missions and story. We get a jump on that but I think everything else is staying the same for everyone until launch.

On the safe side - just assume the 27th for everything except new missions.

Edited by Faelandaea

the people who get the kofte a week early will get the 1st look at bugs, getting your character to 65 and going cz 198 with lvl 55 stats, I wonder if your 65 doing yavin/rishi/zoist dailies will have their stats from 65 to 60. Thanks for making the game more of a grind fest again.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...

So it used to be that you had to do the story missions on a planet and the planetary missions (core) on a planet and maby a few extra non-core planetary missions.

And now you've been "inspired by 12x xp" to "streamline" that into "only" doing the story missions and the planetary core missions.

So you've removed, what, like 2 missions per planet or so?

Hmmm... I was figuring on you changing it so that we could basically play almost like it is with the Epic story boost, and only do the storyline missions and maby one or two other mission, but instead you've hardly changed it at all.

Oh well, I guess I'll just play through the expansion once or twice before I cancel my sub instead of doing it with all my 20+ characters that I have been waiting to record with the new "streamlined" experience.

A bit of hyperbole there. There's at least 2, 3 or 4 missions per zone, 4 or 5 zones per planet and you had to do them all if you didn't do pvp/gsf/insert other activities, or deal with falling behind.

Its a substantial change, or have you forgotten what it was like pre 12x?

The 20th would actually make sense as those people who have early access would need the changes to the gameplay to play 4.0 like changes to mastery stat, level increases etc, so the "data files" will need to be in place and implemented on the 20th, however, those people without early access would have all the changes just not "access" to chapters 1-9 of KoTFE.

That would make sense for me as early access need it so everyone will have to get the changes at the same time.

Edited by Jedi_riches

A bit of hyperbole there. There's at least 2, 3 or 4 missions per zone, 4 or 5 zones per planet and you had to do them all if you didn't do pvp/gsf/insert other activities, or deal with falling behind.

Its a substantial change, or have you forgotten what it was like pre 12x?

Yeah, Oddball is overstating the problem.

I doubt he's leveled a toon without xp boosts in a while. I did a "level without a companion" experiment last year that included NO xp boosts. I had to every single side quest (and I do mean every side quest, every bonus objective, single and staged) along with the planetary quest and class quest to stay on pace.

The new "default" leveling speed is on a par with the double-xp weekends we used to have. And that is without using any xp boosts.

Edited by Khevar

First Planet level-syncing(PLS) very very, very bad idea ( at least make it optional to PLS)

Second Heroic are only going to be Weekly only.:mad:

Really with all the changes coming I guess i'll go buy a pet monkey and a lap top so he can play too.

All jokes aside the PLS , and weekly heroics will be a game killer. Glad I didn't buy the 6 month Sub pack.

Yeah, Oddball is overstating the problem.

I doubt he's leveled a toon without xp boosts in a while. I did a "level without a companion" experiment last year that included NO xp boosts. I had to every single side quest (and I do mean every side quest, every bonus objective, single and staged) along with the planetary quest and class quest to stay on pace.

The new "default" leveling speed is on a par with the double-xp weekends we used to have. And that is without using any xp boosts.

Yeah. If 12x lets you get through with just the class missions, than without 12x (or boosts), you were getting 1x. In order to have leveled comparably to 12x by running just class + planetary + other missions, the planetary and other missions would have had to provide 11x of the class mission, which means more than just 2 or so other missions.

Edited by eartharioch

Hope the game won't become too easy. If I would like to play modern WoW (I've played it recently, no mob or even a group of them could kill me), I would be doing so. I want missions to stay the same difficulty, or even a little bit more difficult. If you have all-prototype-or-orange gear you made yourself, the game becomes too easy.

This. This is exactly how I feel.

This. This is exactly how I feel.

I can understand this. Fortunately you have choices all over, and i think that if players make the right calls on how they want to play, they will get the paths they want. In the crafting thread, people are acting like their lives are over because you can craft cool gear now, but no one is forcing them to do so. In the case of these core world changes, well, like you I believed things were WAAAAAAAY too easy just being able to trot back to an old world and hang out as if I had cheat codes on. Hopefully this will add some degree of relief to that.

We can gear up or down as much as we like. Maybe have a set of weaker gear always on you and handy for when you do not want kills to be as easy. :) That is what I plan to do anyway.

That's something I didn't give much thought to, but Eric would of been stating the default XP, so if you use all the extra 65% XP(30% legacy, 25% consumable 10% guild) available, you may well be able to skip quite a bit on the trip.

Sorry, I know this is incredibly lazy..

But the 1-60 path - does that mean we have to do Makeb?

Edit: Also, if we buy the legacy perks for class story - do they apply (I guess they don't with 12x)?

Edited by LordTynell

Sorry, I know this is incredibly lazy..

But the 1-60 path - does that mean we have to do Makeb?

Edit: Also, if we buy the legacy perks for class story - do they apply (I guess they don't with 12x)?

You can probably avoid the need by doing some of the bonus series earlier on, instead. If you're concerned about overlevelling content, do the Voss and Hoth series. Or doing a single run of dailies in Section X, Black Hole, and the Belsavis daily area. The former "endgame" zones for L50 elder game give a decent amount of XP if you're at L50.

That having been said, skipping Makeb will be like skipping any other planetary story - they won't want you to do it.

I had a guild-mate that is color blind. He could not see other people's missions on the maps because he could not tell purple from blue. Will there be an option to customize the mission icons? It was tolerable when in a group, but to have the major quests hidden from view would make the game unplayable.

They're colored shapes, doesn't matter if you're color blind the shape differences will allow colorblind people able to tell them apart

They're colored shapes, doesn't matter if you're color blind the shape differences will allow colorblind people able to tell them apart

The group mission icons and the "regular" mission icons are the same shape, just differing by color (the group missions are a teal-ish green, the regular ones are the standard yellow. And the Story Mission icon is very similar shapewise to the regular and group mission icon. The Exploration missions and repeatable mission icons are notably different in shape. At least to judge from the interface in the livestream.

so what happens when you are doing the gsi missions or seeker missions on various planets that the mobs are level 50 plus. taris pub side is level 32-36 range, but the dreadseed creatures are level 50, does that mean all mobs are being scaled including dreadseed and the level 50 plus tauntauns on hoth.

so what happens when you are doing the gsi missions or seeker missions on various planets that the mobs are level 50 plus. taris pub side is level 32-36 range, but the dreadseed creatures are level 50, does that mean all mobs are being scaled including dreadseed and the level 50 plus tauntauns on hoth.

Unknown; untouched-upon by the devs so far