Still broken Bioware.

Morgalica

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how many expect Twitter-quick resolution without considering the complexity of the issue. I'm on an old pos Dell XPS720 WInTel XP SP3 system with 4G of RAM (1G dedicated to the OS - so 3G operating.) I've had TOR crash problems since I "upgraded" to NVidia's 306.23-desktop-winxp-32bit-english-whql.exe graphics driver. I tried downgrading to the previous 285.58-desktop-winxp-32bit-english-whql.exe driver but it didn't help.

Which probably means that game developers industry-wide made NVidia-recommended changes to their cache systems or something to conform to NVidia's new specs because I have issues playing even SC2 and LOTRO now that I didn't have before the driver upgrade. It's a moving target that is occasionally missed.

I built a killer WinTel rig for my wife and she never crashes. Though she is now experiencing undo lag issues with the new NVidia driver, and not just when she plays TOR either. Just wondering if AMD/ATI users are experiencing this same issue?

I use an AMD Radeon 5850 , no issues with this game.

Edited by Master-Nala

Why do you have one of these?!

Do you not realize what a gift ASLR is!?

Do you *want* to be a zombie?

Check out their min spec's req'd

My rig fits all of them and I am not expecting to run in super high mode, just want the game to stop crashing every 10-45 mins. And since this just started again with 1.4 (used to happen with 1.1 until 1.2) it is on their end not mine.

As for why? simple I am a working class man most all of my cash goes to bills paying for things my two kids need and saving for their education. My gaming needs on usually last on that list.

I often wonder the same thing. :cool:

I believe thier obvious inaction on many things concerning this game make it obvious. It is sad that such a great I.P. as StarWars fell into the hands of such incompetent people.

Edited by Klarick

Check out their min spec's req'd

My rig fits all of them and I am not expecting to run in super high mode, just want the game to stop crashing every 10-45 mins. And since this just started again with 1.4 (used to happen with 1.1 until 1.2) it is on their end not mine.

As for why? simple I am a working class man most all of my cash goes to bills paying for things my two kids need and saving for their education. My gaming needs on usually last on that list.

And I am speaking from the realm of cybersecurity, not gaming.

Bumping to the top for a fellow member of Crash to Desktop club. Not like it really matters. They don't give a ____ about us anyhow. :mad:

Quite obvious. I question the community support team, or the lasck thereof. Do these people forawrd our concerns to developers? It certaintly appears that they do not.

Quite obvious. I question the community support team, or the lasck thereof. Do these people forawrd our concerns to developers? It certaintly appears that they do not.

In the immortal words of Stephen Reid, "We have that on the wall of crazy"

With 1.4 you guys introduced a major memory leak issue that seems to hit any 32 bit computer user quite badly.

I was in high hopes that this week it might have been addressed... But after 6 random crashes to desktop I've learned that no you guys have once again over looked it, or totally ignored it.

you have had MANY users submit bug reports and made a lenghty post on the customer support forums about this issue:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=550315

In fact the topic is sticky'ed!!!

Seriously Bioware what gives? Is anything being done about this?

I've been a sub since last December I've suffered through it all with all the rest of the player base, I've paid my dues and yet these types of problems still come up. Players have stopped using the test servers due to not being able to test with high level characters and due to things that are being reported not being fixed with the live patches.

Just a question, Do you guys even care anymore?

You give us craptastic patches filled with quite a few things not wanted or needed, but when problems, some of which are game breaking problems come up... you give us a new level 1 outfit....

I don't expect a response, nor do I really want the same old copy pasted answers that's given to ANY problem that arises. I just want a stable game that I can play, lord knows I've given you my hard EARNED cash, at least you can do is give me what I've paid for.

Go ahead forum trolls flame away.

lol why peopel don nto try to run windows 7 64 bit? since i use win7 i never crash ...

Win 32 bit systems are outdated.... soon there will be nothign work correctly with those.. just upgrade your OS...

Whn you play woth somethign below Windows 7 64 bit you have to drop your setting and maybe play in window mode...

I dont knwo since when you play games but we had those issues back in time on any other games...

Also... when i had win xp sp 3 32bit.. i was not able to play APB , Blacklight retribution , Tribes ascent .. and other games.. and when i started reseaching where my problem lies i found that al those newer games designed for 64 bit systems...

in APB ( All Points Buletin ) they have an info in their loading screen ( or had ) where it says that you may have issues when using 32 bit system...

The same goes for Blacklighretribution...

And since Windows 7 is like Win XP but better you can Upgrade to win 7.. win xp has erved many years and so wil win 7 ....

Dont go for Win 8 it is like win vista anyways...

Aye it really seems they are trying to kill the game totally.

No customer support.

No fixes for bugs they caused.

No listening to any customer for cartel items.

No gives of darn for anyone but their wallets.

Yes they will gladly take your money and laugh all the way to the bank.

Your answer is in your post. They created a stickied thread for the sole purpose of trying to identify the problem in question. :rolleyes:

Which is exactly the same way they handled problems in ME3 they didn't want to deal with create a thread lock down anything else talking about the issue and ignore it.:mad:

Actually why the f do I care? I'm gone when my sub runs out anyway unless Makeb proves to be awesome and we all know the odds of that sadly.

yea I am about at that point as well.

WoW gave me 10 days to come back and check out whats new, well all except the mists of pandara might go see how things look after the years I've been gone away.

man, never thought I'd see the day when world of poke-panada craft would lure me away from starwars... But EA seems to have made that easy.

With 1.4 you guys introduced a major memory leak issue that seems to hit any 32 bit computer user quite badly.

I was in high hopes that this week it might have been addressed... But after 6 random crashes to desktop I've learned that no you guys have once again over looked it, or totally ignored it.

you have had MANY users submit bug reports and made a lenghty post on the customer support forums about this issue:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=550315

In fact the topic is sticky'ed!!!

Seriously Bioware what gives? Is anything being done about this?

I've been a sub since last December I've suffered through it all with all the rest of the player base, I've paid my dues and yet these types of problems still come up. Players have stopped using the test servers due to not being able to test with high level characters and due to things that are being reported not being fixed with the live patches.

Just a question, Do you guys even care anymore?

You give us craptastic patches filled with quite a few things not wanted or needed, but when problems, some of which are game breaking problems come up... you give us a new level 1 outfit....

I don't expect a response, nor do I really want the same old copy pasted answers that's given to ANY problem that arises. I just want a stable game that I can play, lord knows I've given you my hard EARNED cash, at least you can do is give me what I've paid for.

Go ahead forum trolls flame away.

What's sad is every point you bring up is perfectly valid, completely reasonable, and more then enough reason to quit the game instantly. And yet the biodrones will make up stupid crap to defend their beloved trainwreck of a game.

*Sigh* It's things like this that make me glad I canceled my sub and finally decided to never play or pay another dime to BW/EA again.

I know and sadly i am paid up until feb.

But I do know that if this mem leak isn't fixed by then yep im also gone as well.

Not like I'll get anything but the standard "Go back to wow fanboi" or the "Can I haz ur stuff?" or the like.

And as a side note, got bored of WoW after 6 hours of play time (I might add that I never once crashed on it). Some nice changes and as mucha s I don't want to admit, the pet battles are kinda fun hehe.

But the AH there is totally inflated, 15 gold for a level 12 green item that tailors can make... yep no love for any newbies there.

All those with 32 bit XP and 4 GB of ram ... try enabling /3GB switch and check is it crashing again...

(edit boot.ini and add /3GB to end of it)

Windows Vista/7 32 bit users with 4GB ram - go to msconfig - boot - advanced and set max memory to 3968 then

Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.

At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072"

Restart the computer.

Bellow 4 GB RAM - screwed, above 4 GB RAM - server OS or 64 bit desktop Windows.