Remove 'Tumult' (Kick) from the game.

JackBlackjack

Yes, PLEASE, just remove it from the game and replace it with something useful. Anything: attack, defense, passive skills, whatever. At this point it doesnt really matter because anything is better than Tumult.

Its not even on my 3rd or 4th quickslot bar.

Why create a 45 seconds cooldown skill that can only be used on TRASH MOBs that happen to be incapacited?

Now, would you replace it please? Thanks.

Edited by JackBlackjack

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for posting in here, being a Reb and all.

But the OP is right, it's useless!

I have a Sage, who never really gets into fights, since I use my companion as a tank. So I'm never near the enemies, and since you can't easily INCAP an elite, it's just pointless.

Having another ranged attack would be so much better!

Seriously guys, if you need tumult to kill a trash mob you are in serious trouble.

Tumult is just useless, it adds too little to ocupy a skill slot in a class.

Replace with anything else and everybody wins.

Tumult is free and instant.

It is useful if you are doing Foundry for example and have the adds on your ***...

Basically here is an actual answer OP, so you can ACTUALLY wrap your head around using it properly.

1. Like someone mentioned it's free and instant, so if you actually use it properly it becomes a good GCD to regen force for something more useful while still doing decent damage.

2. It works like a 1-2-3 punch on a mob and it's not that you need to use it but why use anything else that costs force. That takes away from ACTUALLY using those things to the none regular mobs. Shock + Tumult + Assassinate. So let's analyse this.... Shock (Speaking from a darkness spec atleast) builds harness darkness, I then regen force when hitting tumult and use assassinate which then COULD proc my energize making me have a 2nd shock(which will be a crit to use on a gold or silver) then I use force lightning because presumably I had used wither to open.

So in about 5-7 seconds I've killed 1 source of incoming damage, withered 4 others, AND build up HD stacks to focus on the bigger mobs. Pretty good for about 4 gcds.

And basically if you are ************ from a PVP stand point then it's like ************ about not being able to use Channel the force, amazing skill for soloing BUT terrible for PVP and Flashpoints/operations.

Every skill has some form of utility and NOT every skill can be used always. It's called utility, this isn't WoW where you can spam all your buttons for win, you actually need to analyse and prioritize.

So the way I see it is you are complaining for the sake of complaining. While we're at it. I want my advance class to get a super class where I become Revan, my mount will be a purple hippo with a rocket pack and I can fly through space on my lightsaber. GOD BIOWARE YOUR GAME SUCKS.

I can see his point though. It has a 45 second cooldown so I think that it should be usuable on ALL types of enemies. It's not like you can spam it.

I agree. I don't need an extra skill to 2-shoot trash - I can do that with my other abilities.

I'm trying to decide whether this game is filled with the most whiners ever, maybe something to do with Star Wars fans; or if its just because its the most recent one I played and a generational thing that we are just going to keep seeing more whining as time goes on, regardless of game.

I agree. I don't need an extra skill to 2-shoot trash - I can do that with my other abilities.

That cost force.

And if you don't have 600 force(or 650 if you're clever and have the PvE-heal-set and refitted the mods/enhancements) but only 110 you start to think what you use to kill trash because trash is not worth a shock that costs me a huge part of my overall pool...

Do you guys not fight the Trash mobs in EV and KP (not to mention the trash fight for Annihilator and Gharj)? I use Tumult there a lot for Trash packs, be they stunned or knocked down by my raid's members or my own Shock/Electrocute. When you have to kill 5+ mobs, why would you not want to use something that hurts a ton and costs no force? I use it on the puzzle fight too.

While its not your most used ability doesnt mean its worthless. Mainly, as sated by many, its a free hit, and an hard enough one. As a healer, some thrash rush me? Shock tumult thrash, thank you goodbye. Avoid using another of my abilities to get him down, and I didn't lose any time either.