Neuranium

mike_is_valid

Hi,

i am about to gear my lvl 34 gunslinger and noticed a shortage of Neuranium on GTN. There is usually none at all or just a few pieces going from 16K to 18 K.

So i started to run UWT tier 4 missions (around 40) without a single Neuranium coming.

missions:

• too hot to handle
  • political favors
  • may the best character win
  • stimulating business

Is it just my bad luck or do you have a hard time to get neuranium now aswel? Do i run the right missions? Of course comps at 10K, legacy perk on etc.

Edited by mike_is_valid

To answer your direct question: yes it is just your bad luck. That being said, running bountiful and rich missions are more likely to generate purple mats.

Further, the reason there is little to none of the material on the GTM is because it is not in demand. While leveling, blue quality crafted gear is more than adequate, if you happen to get the materials to make a purple or two...that's great, but don't worry so much about getting the purple mats because the gear will just be replaced in a few levels anyway.

Further, the reason there is little to none of the material on the GTM is because it is not in demand. While leveling, blue quality crafted gear is more than adequate, if you happen to get the materials to make a purple or two...that's great, but don't worry so much about getting the purple mats because the gear will just be replaced in a few levels anyway.

Economics 101: C-

The reason there is none on the market and what little there is is expensive is because it's in HIGH demand. And the OP knows why, it's really hard to come by running missions on your own.

The rest is still absolutely right. Crank out the blues, the slightly less you'll make per item will be made up for by cheap materials and faster sales. Keep running the missions to get neuranim and sell it raw for those huge prices.

Or hoard it incase you ever wanted to make some purple items for an alternate character.

Hi,

i am about to gear my lvl 34 gunslinger and noticed a shortage of Neuranium on GTN. There is usually none at all or just a few pieces going from 16K to 18 K.

So i started to run UWT tier 4 missions (around 40) without a single Neuranium coming.

missions:

• too hot to handle
  • political favors
  • stimulating business

Is it just my bad luck or do you have a hard time to get neuranium now aswel? Do i run the right missions? Of course comps at 10K, legacy perk on etc.

Well, the system of crafting in this game is horrible and UT missions are its king. Nothing you can do about it beyond a couple of the little tricks, like taking up all the level 4 missions you can, jump in and out of your ship until a rich or bountiful pops, then drop the rest for a full refund on them......and pray for a crit. Max your affection, legacy etc. Every little bit helps.

The reason there is none on the market and what little there is is expensive is because it's in HIGH demand. And the OP knows why, it's really hard to come by running missions on your own.

The rest is still absolutely right. Crank out the blues, the slightly less you'll make per item will be made up for by cheap materials and faster sales. Keep running the missions to get neuranim and sell it raw for those huge prices.

Or hoard it incase you ever wanted to make some purple items for an alternate character.

I agree with you, but its not the demand, its the supply. There are bottle-necks all over this system that cause this. There is a 80 to 90 percent failure rate on everything, and no hope of increasing that via a graded crafting skill set. Your skill never goes up, you just get lucky at time.

Hi,

missions:

• too hot to handle
  • political favors
  • stimulating business

For leveling purpose blue crafted items are pretty enough.

Purple one at this level are nothing more than credit sink.

For leveling purpose blue crafted items are pretty enough.

Purple one at this level are nothing more than credit sink.

True it can be.So can shelling out millions for some item.You can get one cheap that doesn't look as good to you.I would rather craft items for my chrs.Most are purple.I farm my own mats and do the missions.Some folks are into ops.I not one of them.To damn boring. 1-55 is the game for me.So I like to make spiffy gear for my chrs. To each his own.

True it can be.So can shelling out millions for some item.You can get one cheap that doesn't look as good to you.I would rather craft items for my chrs.Most are purple.I farm my own mats and do the missions.Some folks are into ops.I not one of them.To damn boring. 1-55 is the game for me.So I like to make spiffy gear for my chrs. To each his own.

And again you will see difference in purple items only at 55 ... don't think I didn't tried ... have all skills at 450.

Purple item will carry you for 6 levels & cost more than 2 blues that will carry you 8 levels.

All this with orange shells (there are very good & cheap ones in GTN from CM or crafted) & already discovered schematics for modifications... my Armormech & Syntweaver now craft only augment kits & augments.

TCO with blue items for character & companion each 4 levels is pretty lower than purple on character & green on companion.

Purple item will carry you for 6 levels & cost more than 2 blues that will carry you 8 levels.

First of all this is not true, but conjecture. Secondly, if it were, it would support the argument that the entire system is faulty. Third, it is not related to the original contention, which is the imbalance and erratic design of the system in relation to the acquisition of raw materials, not "how far" a particular piece of gear will carry one....which is, again, totally subjective.

Edited by Blackardin

You're right my bad. I mis-read what I wrote :o