Trooper or Smuggler

Laxusz

Hy,

I want to make a ranged character, I am between trooper or smuggler, I do not want to make a healer as I have a Jedi Sage, can any1 tell me some advantages and disatvantages of these 2 classes so I know what to pick, and some advice on advanced classes also? please

Ty

aha so gunslingers and commando are the same except for pvp

Not exactly.. both are range. But gunslinger uses the cover mechanic, and wears medium armor. Lots of their moves can only be made from cover.

Trooper wears heavy armor and can use a regular strafe and shoot attack strategy.

Not exactly.. both are range. But gunslinger uses the cover mechanic, and wears medium armor. Lots of their moves can only be made from cover.

Trooper wears heavy armor and can use a regular strafe and shoot attack strategy.

So troopers dont have to run so much whle smuglers do?

Neither has to run.

Some people don't like the fact that the smuggler needs to take cover before it can use a lot of their moves.

In other words.. It's not a character for everybody, think like playing Mass effect or Gears of War. You need to take cover or you could die.

Trooper is a more conventional character in the way it plays. You stand around and shoot.

Not quite.

I find as a Commando I am much more on the move, in fact, as I don't have to hide behind cover the whole time. Having heavy armor does not make you a tank and does not make you incredibly durable, on the contrary you will get you face melted off if you're not careful.

You're a ranged DPS or healer, regardless. You can't take much damage.

The different is just that gunslingers have to do most of their damage from a stationary position, behind cover while Commandos are a bit more mobile, though not very fast.

Their actual gameplay is very different honestly, I suggest looking up some videos.

Perhaps base it on story if you still can't decide.

• 1 month later...