Bh op?

Nyliana

Honest question, is BH OP ATM?

I'm okay with waiting for balance changes and such, doesn't really bother me, but I almost died to a lvl 45 Mercenary. I had to use defensive cooldowns to deal with him. Usually I only need those for folks my level, not 5 levels under.

I'm a 50 sentinel. 5 pieces of Champion Gear, Centurion OH, 126 MH. BIS Mastercrafted Implants.

Typically, people around that level just kinda go squish.

Someone give me some insight as to why it was such a difference compared to other classes? Decked out in PVP gear maybe?

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention this was world PVP, no bolster buffs. :)

Edited by Nyliana

My assessment

Sorcs = OP even in the hand of an idiot

BH = Can be OP

Assassins = Seems perfect

Snipers = UP

Operatives = OP prior to the 50 brackets

Juggernaughts = Could use some tweaks, slight UP

Marauder = OP in the hands of a skilled player. Being that there arent many skilled players i dont mind them.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/8HuNNaO/force-kick#comments

I'm going to assume they were Arsenal (Tracer Missile) spec'd.

In a 1v1, he shouldn't have even gotten close to killing you. He basically has to stand there and cast Tracer Missile until he gets the appropriate amount of heat signatures/tracer locks for his heavy hitting abilities. You should have been kicking those and laying down the damage.

My PVP break and leap were both on cooldown, maybe the tracer missiles were what really did it, having had time to warm it up. I remember getting knocked back what seemed like 30m and then being awfully slow until leap was up again.

He was also doing his merry jig while I ate his marauder buddy, giving him extra time and some of my cooldowns.

I was honetly surprised at the damage output of a 45, which is why I brought it up here. :)

Edited by Nyliana

Honest question, is BH OP ATM?

I'm okay with waiting for balance changes and such, doesn't really bother me, but I almost died to a lvl 45 Mercenary. I had to use defensive cooldowns to deal with him. Usually I only need those for folks my level, not 5 levels under.

I'm a 50 sentinel. 5 pieces of Champion Gear, Centurion OH, 126 MH. BIS Mastercrafted Implants.

Typically, people around that level just kinda go squish.

Someone give me some insight as to why it was such a difference compared to other classes? Decked out in PVP gear maybe?

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention this was world PVP, no bolster buffs. :)

If tracer missile merc you just didn't play correctly. You can lock him out of his damage for most of the fight.

1) slow him

2) interrupt him

3) leap after knockback

Three steps to destroying Tracer/Grav spammers without breaking a sweat.

If he was the DoT spec can be a bit more tricky for a melee class. Tracer/Grav is an UP spec, if anything.

My assessment

Sorcs = OP even in the hand of an idiot

BH = Can be OP

Assassins = Seems perfect

Snipers = UP

Operatives = OP prior to the 50 brackets

Juggernaughts = Could use some tweaks, slight UP

Marauder = OP in the hands of a skilled player. Being that there arent many skilled players i dont mind them.

Seems like a fair assesment, never the less Juggernaughts are quite OP in huttball with the gazillion cooldowns and charge.