The Odd Chronicles of Chi'kami Aizune (Entries Only)

ChidoriOokami

Disclaimer: This series will be unlike the original Journals of Chi'kami Aizune, whereas instead of his personal stories and experiences; the stories of other characters perhaps mostly not mentioned in Star Wars The Old Republic will be the main content

Entry #1 Loren Tan'Vay CS1-Introduction

Catagory: Short Story

The Treatise of Galactic War: The Dim Blue Light

Just as an ocean separates dry land on the surface of most planets, so too did the dark oceans serve to divide the regions of nothingness that floated aimlessly between planetary systems. More than jus distance the quiet darkness presented a home for the fleeting minds of space travelers just as the watery oceans provided a means of escape for surface sea adventurers.

The room was dimly lit by the ambient lights of the cabin. The walls glowed with a hint of green and blue. Only a very slight humming could be heard as the vessel swam into the dark oceans that for so many eons have embraced the stars.

Loren opened his eyes slowly. His eyes were now accustomed to receiving the fuzzy beams of dark blue. For quite some time the only resemblance of a sunrise that he would ever get was the dull and dim blue hues of on board illumination. He sat up with a grunt and twisted his hips to the side so he could dangle his legs and swing them back and forth to help get the circulation going. As the blood in his veins reached all corners of his body he felt some of his energy return and more of his sleepiness wear off. As he lifted his arm over and behind his head for a stretch he felt the parched condition of his lips, looking around for water, Loren took his canteen from the side table and gripped the cap with his lips, tugging it off before tilting the canteen straight over his now open mouth. He swallowed in slow gulps, feeling the sting as the cool liquid went down the sore length of his throat, all the way down through his insides. He then capped his canteen and plopped back down on the mattress, shutting his eyes and opening them again.

The faint sounds of the on board communications system soon gave way to a louder and more general tone of on board public announcements.

All refugee status passengers please report to the docking bay for the daily drawing. May the Emperor, savior of Zakuul, be with you.

Edited by ChidoriOokami

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, interesting. This is the time of Valkorian's rule? or after Arcann takes over? or none of the above? Good start though, caught my attention, would like to see where it goes.

The exact time period is up to the readers to find out :D as the stories unfold for each character, the next entry will most likely not be Loren’s, but he’ll be back Thanks Misha!

Entry #2 Hovivic Windfire CS1-Introduction

Catagory: Journal

Forward, Forward to...Where?

Dear Holo Journal,

It is yet another day in deep space on route to the Outer rim. I managed to ration most of my food stores ever since I left Korriban. It is more frustrating to me that the state of the galaxy has become so enthralled in chaos that I am sure neither Korriban nor Tython for that matter are in any condition to produce acolytes. All I know to be true Is that passion is my strength and that it will guide me to the true path. At least that is what the fortune teller on Rishi had told me.

“Tumble and rumble, passion and frustration—lead lead, yes lead you to power and to what you have always sought for yes yess ~ “

It’s hard enough that the hyper lanes are clogged with debris and policing vessels. I am not even sure which authorities to be weary of anymore. I was born into the “Empire” raised by Republic sympathizers, and have a fondness for the underworld pleasures that only worlds like Nar Shaddaa could come close to fulfilling. Hovi, you are such a wreck. Then again its not like I was ever a Jedi—indeed I am turning 17 in 2 months, and as near a Sith as any acolyte on Korriban. Who needs red skin and a strong, tall muscular physique?? … Ugh.

H. Windfire

11/3

Class II Scout Ship

Star Iridion

Edited by ChidoriOokami

• 2 weeks later...

Entry #3 Kalyn'Yun Akura CS-1 Introduction

Catch Me If You Can

The towering structures of the capital were gleaming in the morning sunrise. The transports and crafts hummed back and forth in every style, shape and purpose. Left and right on the streets of the great city were the races of many. The loud chatter of gossip and the usual call for street food sampling echoed in every street corner. A Jawa, easily recognized by the familiar cloak and bright yellow eyes, exchanged scrap parts for elixirs.

This particular exchange caught the eye of one seemingly normal bystander sitting at a café across the bustling street. The figure had on a coat, faded blue with more evidence of overuse. Underneath was an old edition regulation uniform of a Republic Intelligence officer. The uniform though not in mint condition was still form fitting to the female though most appealing to her for its flexibility versus its visual advantages. She placed a few credits on the counter and stood up, making her way to the exit.

The sounds outside seemed to be both loud and inaudible at times, brought to life again by the shouting voices of vendors. She eyed the vendor who had the exchange with the Jawa. Strangely enough to her, the vendor was Talz. As she approached, loud shouts rang in the air again but not the sort that would come from the market scene; boisterous and clever but instead authoritarian.

“Coruscant Security Force..Damn..and no doubt led here by Underworld Police, “ She thought in a manner expressing more annoyance than panic.

She ran down a narrow alley and quickly began to toss some of her belongings into various bins as she ran passed them.

“I better hope that these bins are here when I come back..” She hoped as she approached the end of the alley, only to find more uniformed police there.

She stopped and slowly raised her hands to eye level, as the officers in front and now closing in behind her, raised their blasters.

”Heh…Don’t suppose you guys have a warrant..? “ She playfully asked.

Edited by ChidoriOokami

I, like Luna, enjoy the snippet or diary way of introducing your characters. So we have what? A refugee, a sith and a smuggler so far? If I am not misreading anything. And you have made their introductions interesting.

It should be intriguing to see how you bring all these different people together as the story progresses.

I hope you like feedback, some do, some don't, but I find it keeps me going just to know what people think about my forays into fiction, and there are a lot of great people here.

I, like Luna, enjoy the snippet or diary way of introducing your characters. So we have what? A refugee, a sith and a smuggler so far? If I am not misreading anything. And you have made their introductions interesting.

It should be intriguing to see how you bring all these different people together as the story progresses.

I hope you like feedback, some do, some don't, but I find it keeps me going just to know what people think about my forays into fiction, and there are a lot of great people here.

Hello Lady Cantu!

First of all yes of course i adore feedback! Constructive and otherwise! Your stories along with as many others as I can include, will be part of my reading list ^^ even inspiring my future entries as it progresses.

Oh and I can tell you that you're pretty close in general, when it comes to identifying the characters-- and it's kind of exciting to see what people think of them in the early stages hehe, -- you will have to see and confirm your perspectives on who the characters are and what roles they play ~

Looking forward to your Star Noir!

Entry #4 Loren Tan'Vay CS-2

How Much Longer?

Dear Holo Diary,

Today was just like any other I suppose. Woke up pretty thirsty this morning. The ration system they have going on in this ship sucks. I feel like I've been living on this ship for like a year. I almost thought of skipping the drawing too. I am starting to think the drawing itself was just a ruse to send people off to work camps. I talked to Ren a few decks down and he said that there is no such thing as a "Sanctuary" world, and that every world is so embroiled in war that people like us are doomed to be in space for years. I can't accept that.

Val came to me after the mid afternoon exercises and she seemed to be pretty down about the whole affair too. She has been on the ship a few months longer than me and she with every drawing that doesn't call her name, seems to fall deeper into a pit of despair. She reminded me of a girl I had a crush on when I was on Zakuul-- tch, seems like such a long time ago...thought I think it's only been a year..

But she told me something before I came back to my quarters just now. She is about my age too, but she is pretty wise.. -- what was it that she told me...

"Lory, somewhere, out there, is someone, doing something maybe with other people. Do you ever think about your home? What would you be doing if you were at home? "

I guess it sort of hit me. I don't like to think about what happened, and why I am here.. but there was a time before that I really did enjoy...and people that I cared about. I still see some of their faces-- in my dreams sometimes in the faces of people i see here on the ship. Val, especially.

I don't know how much longer I can stand this.

How much longer..?

Loren Tan'Vay

Unknown Space

The Sanctuary V

Class II Cargo Ship

I'm enjoying this early glimpse into your characters! The writing is quite good, and I'm looking forward to learning more. Agreed with Luna, the diary/journal format is an interesting one and makes for quick, fun reads (who doesn't like peeking in other people's journals once in a while? O=) ).

Since you asked me, I think it's only fair to ask as well - what inspired you to write these Odd Chronicles? :)

Edited by wangxiuming

Huh, a lottery system. Interesting ploy. Sounds a bit like Logan's Run meets The Long Walk (A short story in the Bachman Books). Anyway, I like it. :)

I do feel for your character, missing home and familiarity while still trying to find their way in this new reality. Nice job.

Huh, a lottery system. Interesting ploy. Sounds a bit like Logan's Run meets The Long Walk (A short story in the Bachman Books). Anyway, I like it. :)

I do feel for your character, missing home and familiarity while still trying to find their way in this new reality. Nice job.

Ohh I wish I could have read those! I'll try looking into those stories soon. Maybe they will give me even more creative inspiration ^^ Thanks Lady Cantu! It's fun. Each story sparks so many new ideas, and I guess is why I like the idea of this kind of writing style.

And yeah the feeling of missing home, or how things used to be, or wanting to go back in time -- those kinds of feelings were kind of touched on in Loren's 2nd Entry ©haracter (S)tory 2. Excited to see where it goes ^^

I'm enjoying this early glimpse into your characters! The writing is quite good, and I'm looking forward to learning more. Agreed with Luna, the diary/journal format is an interesting one and makes for quick, fun reads (who doesn't like peeking in other people's journals once in a while? O=) ).

Since you asked me, I think it's only fair to ask as well - what inspired you to write these Odd Chronicles? :)

Thank you Sir Wang! I really liked this style after having made a short series based off my own character and in-game experiences in SWTOR. This was back when my server had an Enjin lol. I found out that its super fun to blend reality(our world), the game lore/storyline, and our own what-IF's. The journal format back then worked best for me mostly because I guess I tend to be unlike most great writers, who kind of I guess have a vision of what their story as a whole may look like..which I humbly and happily admit that I am a free-thinking amateur writer xD

To be honest, and I'm sure it is the same for all of you too -- that when I write these, I tend to zoom into this specific area of their lives, as if this would be the last time I or the reader would ever here from them, at least for a long while.

I join you Sir Wang, along with others here in wanting to feed their creative side ^^

Entry #5 Hovivic Windfire CS2

Now Isn't That Interesting

The hull of the ship was humming and the eerie silence of both space and the lack of presence filled the void; surrounding the ship with an invisible tension. Slowly fading in from what would have seemed like a long distance, was the sound of the nagivations panel, now beeping for the tenth time.

Hovi slowly opened his eyes and then stretched as he parted his dry lips, still sleepy and a bit faint from being in space for a prolonged period. He cleared his throat and rubbed his eyes, looking over to the nagivations panel.

"Nearby vessel. " He muttered to himself. "Like that is anything new to me.." he thought.

He traced his fingers across the panel in a few swift movements and tapped a few keys, to bring up a holo projection of the nearby vessel, identifying it in more detail.

"A class II Cargo ship..." He raised an eyebrow as he asked his seemingly non-existent companions. "Why would one be out here, near.." He paused and reached out his hands to tap a few panel screens to his right and raised his eyebrow again. "Near...a mining system..." He whispered.

He had heard many stories about the ongoing War between the Republic and the Empire, despite and amidst the so-called occupation of Zakuulan forces. He wondered if the cargo ship was perhaps a smuggling ship of some kind either of goods or people.

"Well, it wouldn't surprise me. Can't be republic or Imperial. Their official shipping is regulated by countless red-tape blockades all over the core world system-- none could come this far, or BE this far. Unless..." He paused. "Unless it did not set sail from the Core Worlds.. "

Hovi let out the tip of his tongue between his lips and bit down slowly, as he narrowed his eyes at the holo projection of the cargo ship. He then muttered out a system command.

"System Scan, lock on Projection; identification. " He paused and listened.

The on board system granted his request and returned information in a smooth though calculating voice.

Identification: Republic Class II Cargo Ship; Model V; Registered status: Decomissioned. Previous vessel title; Sanctuary V.

Edited by ChidoriOokami

Thank you Sir Wang! I really liked this style after having made a short series based off my own character and in-game experiences in SWTOR. This was back when my server had an Enjin lol. I found out that its super fun to blend reality(our world), the game lore/storyline, and our own what-IF's.

Haha, no need to call me sir. In fact, please don't! "Dude" is fine. Or "guy with the unpronounceable forum handle." :p

The journal format back then worked best for me mostly because I guess I tend to be unlike most great writers, who kind of I guess have a vision of what their story as a whole may look like..which I humbly and happily admit that I am a free-thinking amateur writer xD

Nothing saying you can't be great with a more free hand! I've read articles saying authors have found success with and without planning ahead.

I'm very much an amateur myself; the story I'm working on now is my first attempt at something longer - I mostly did shorter stories before as well (not on this forum but elsewhere).

I'm very much an amateur myself; the story I'm working on now is my first attempt at something longer - I mostly did shorter stories before as well (not on this forum but elsewhere).

Wow that's awesome! I also like some of the fanart your stories has, and ones you've chosen lol

Nice segue into having Loren and Hovivic cross paths. It should be interesting to see how this all goes and if any of your characters will be sympathetic or antagonistic when they are thrown into the mix. I do like your use of words, they create a very realistic image.

Looking forward to more.

By the way, Logan's Run is a movie made in 1976 starring Michael York, not sure the remake ever made it to the big screen. The Long Walk was actually written by Stephen King under his pseudonym Richard Bachman. When I first saw the Mockingbird movies, my first thought was, how almost identical the plot was to The Long Walk which was published in 1979. Anyway, a little history lesson for you and a stroll down memory lane for me. :)

Hiya Chidori, I'm starting on this now and I'm commenting per section below as I go. Looking forward to see what you've been working on. :)

Entry #1: Very nice and descriptive introduction of Loren and the last line especially caught my attention making me raise the same question Misha had.. Arcann or Valkorion? And is this on Asylum then or elsewhere? Short and sweet.

Entry #2: Hovi sounds like he has a pretty interesting background and I'd like to uncover more. I'm now also more inclined to believe this takes place during Arcann's rule rather than Valky's.

Entry #3: Kalyn, a Republic Intelligence officer.. she's got me wondering. She's got the makings of a Smuggler but the uniform makes me wonder if she's SIS perhaps? Or even former SIS given her sketchy behavior. Or former Cypher turned SIS? Very interesting.

Entry #4: Loren.. I'm still not finding much in the way of clues as to who he is. Part of me is tempted to think Smuggler, or simply a Zakuulan citizen who fled when Arcann took over. Either way, I enjoy the journal entries though letting us glimpse into his thoughts.

Entry #5: Sounds like Hovi and Loren's paths may cross soon and I'm curious to see how they might impact each other's lives.

I have to say I find your short and creative snippets into the lives of these three characters very well done and it makes for a good read. The small bits of insight into their lives and the environment they're currently in.. keep at it.

I also did notice your intro where you said this is based on characters who're not really part of the main story of SWTOR so I'm not sure if they're even based on established classes but you've got my interests piqued regardless. :)

Nice segue into having Loren and Hovivic cross paths. It should be interesting to see how this all goes and if any of your characters will be sympathetic or antagonistic when they are thrown into the mix. I do like your use of words, they create a very realistic image.

Looking forward to more.

By the way, Logan's Run is a movie made in 1976 starring Michael York, not sure the remake ever made it to the big screen. The Long Walk was actually written by Stephen King under his pseudonym Richard Bachman. When I first saw the Mockingbird movies, my first thought was, how almost identical the plot was to The Long Walk which was published in 1979. Anyway, a little history lesson for you and a stroll down memory lane for me. :)

Ello lady Cantu!

Firstly thank you for the information regarding Logan's Run and also the master of scare, Mr. King haha. I still need to look into those...

Oh and thank you! Yes this path-crossing came earlier than I thought but mainly because I have such a flurry of ideas, I was pretty sure doing so now wouldn't have a negative impact :) I hope that the word choices will be consistent and necessary as time goes on, i tend to get deep or deeply lost in descriptions of even the most mundane things. HAHA

Cheers hope you're well

Hiya Chidori, I'm starting on this now and I'm commenting per section below as I go. Looking forward to see what you've been working on. :)

Entry #1: Very nice and descriptive introduction of Loren and the last line especially caught my attention making me raise the same question Misha had.. Arcann or Valkorion? And is this on Asylum then or elsewhere? Short and sweet.

Entry #2: Hovi sounds like he has a pretty interesting background and I'd like to uncover more. I'm now also more inclined to believe this takes place during Arcann's rule rather than Valky's.

Entry #3: Kalyn, a Republic Intelligence officer.. she's got me wondering. She's got the makings of a Smuggler but the uniform makes me wonder if she's SIS perhaps? Or even former SIS given her sketchy behavior. Or former Cypher turned SIS? Very interesting.

Entry #4: Loren.. I'm still not finding much in the way of clues as to who he is. Part of me is tempted to think Smuggler, or simply a Zakuulan citizen who fled when Arcann took over. Either way, I enjoy the journal entries though letting us glimpse into his thoughts.

Entry #5: Sounds like Hovi and Loren's paths may cross soon and I'm curious to see how they might impact each other's lives.

I have to say I find your short and creative snippets into the lives of these three characters very well done and it makes for a good read. The small bits of insight into their lives and the environment they're currently in.. keep at it.

I also did notice your intro where you said this is based on characters who're not really part of the main story of SWTOR so I'm not sure if they're even based on established classes but you've got my interests piqued regardless. :)

Wow thank you for the feedback Lady Jenny!

You have some very insightful observations despite such a small amount of content provided in the entries xD good! I won't confirm anything until I've made it more clear as the stories progress ^^ But will I will say about Loren, is that a past turmoil on his home planet of Zakuul did force him to leave and begin a refugee life -- how, why and other details such as what else it has turned him into --- are to become more clear later!

Also a final note for the last portion of your comment ^^ regarding established classes.

You CAN say that they are established classes, but not all playable classes, in Loren's case. But their stories will ultimately be as active and important in their own ways, that will still make the reader/gamer feel some sense of adventure nostalgia, I hope!

These characters are all alive during the main/past/present storylines, so I can't rule out the possibilty of any of them running into original characters, and perhaps even easter egg cameos(non-controlling) of characters in the stories you and the others made. :)

Cheers, hope you're well!

Entry #6 Kalyn'Yun Akura CS-2

Scales and Gavels

I guess I’m lucky that they haven’t taken everything from me. I wouldn’t normally think of recording anything personal. They got me in mid-level security isolation for questioning. Heh. It’s funny how I used to be at the receiving end of interrogation lectures, not the interrogations themselves. I don’t blame these guys for what they’re doing; it is what they think is right and just..

No one ever asks the important questions, the dirty questions that weary citizens ought to be asking their government. It’s not like war has clouded the minds of all free-thinking sentient lifeforms. The galaxy has been at war for quite some time and unless this new threat from the unknown reaches of space has some kind of mass mind-washing ability—I highly doubt they are to blame.

I wish it could have turned out differently. Not really the war, per say. I had such bright and high hopes when I was accepted into the Academy -- that was nearly...mm... well I guess over a year ago now. Ha! They told me all sorts of things before getting in – “You’re too young they won’t take you,” and “Economy is guna chew you up Kalyn.” Yeah well, I certainly proved them wrong. I think it was my stubbornness that got me through most of the hard times.

Sure, I would love to settle down with a man one day…have kids and what not. But how can I in the meantime standby while knowing truth is not an expectation but a prize? How could I work for a government that is putting its own interests in front of its own citizens while SELLING itself as democracy; a Republic; a beacon of fairness, equality. Scales and gavels.

Something has gone terribly wrong. I knew people in the government—good people. This disease can’t be systemic…it has to be in key areas of the body. Near the head. I should have known that asking the question was dangerous. Should have known there’d be someone that wouldn’t want me finding it.

I’ll find the tumor.

and I will cut it off.

K’yun Akura

Republic Facility

Suspect Underworld Police Interrogation site

Edited by ChidoriOokami

Very nice addition, I enjoyed your use of language and the quote about the truth not being an expectation but a prize.

I still can't quite figure out Kalyn's role but I do love her mentality and fighting spirit, no doubt it'll serve her well in the times to come.

Very nice addition, I enjoyed your use of language and the quote about the truth not being an expectation but a prize.

I still can't quite figure out Kalyn's role but I do love her mentality and fighting spirit, no doubt it'll serve her well in the times to come.

Thank you Jenny :) Yeah, for Kalyn, her exact past and current role as a character might be more heavily mysterious, for a longer time than maybe the others

I am not sure where Kalyn fits into the story yet, but she appears to be someone who has lost her idealism where the Republic is concerned. The heads of government to blame, the blight comes from the top, hmmm, wonder where this will lead? It will be interesting to see this character as you flesh her out more in the chapters to come.