Referral Program Temporary Unavailable

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

During maintenance we discovered an issue with our referral program. We have gone ahead and temporarily disabled it until we can address it. If you already have someone referred, you will still receive your rewards normally during this time. However, while it is disabled, you cannot refer any new players. Your referral links will not work during this time.

Once we have a timeframe on getting things resolved we will pass it on. Thanks everyone.

-eric

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

During maintenance we discovered an issue with our referral program. We have gone ahead and temporarily disabled it until we can address it. If you already have someone referred, you will still receive your rewards normally during this time. However, while it is disabled, you cannot refer any new players. Your referral links will not work during this time.

Once we have a timeframe on getting things resolved we will pass it on. Thanks everyone.

-eric

So that about an ETA ? :)

I have 2 tickets dating back a few months now where the referral system is not "working as intended", neither for existing nor brand new accounts.

I have received excuses on everything from know but undisclosed issues to the referral being unavailable as they already claimed another code and it has not yet been 90 days - neat trick for brand new accounts, let alone pre-existing accounts that had not been active in over a year.

This also ignored the fact that both accounts were listed as not subscribed within 90 days even though it had not even been 30 days when the messages appeared.

I can say this i used one and only got the 7 days of sub time nothing in the mail and moved a toon thinking I had the free move token to find out after getting in game billed 90 coins for the move. And nothing went over with the toon I moved was even bigger let down. So lets hope they fix it soon.:rolleyes:

Perhaps they have found the bug that some referrals end up as "not played for 90 days" eventhough they recently signed up. Lets hope that they fix this.

I've seen a few of these listed for my account and wondered what it was all about. The list of referrals can be rather confusing with different descriptions for folks and varying amounts for folks all over the place.

i mean its been broken for like 2 years, i think at some point people got confused and just figured it was working as intended the whole time

It went for weeks without responses, or even ignored all together, regardless of how many had report the issue(s).

This update is the first I have ever found from them that states their acknowledging that they have an issue with RaF, let alone actually (supposedly) doing anything about it.

As of now, I have 1 referral that never subscribed due to this and the issue with the amazon bundle misrepresentation, an attempted resurrection that left because they did not fix the referral issue in a timely manner, and at least 5 others that got errors stating that the referral was not valid. That's 7... just imagine how many others there are that never took it any further because of RaF issues.

Think maybe you should look at the whole thing and come up with a new plan.

Giving people cartel coins for "referring" people that are already playing is the worst referral program I have ever seen.

You are literally giving away the cartel market in exchange for zero new players.

Think maybe you should look at the whole thing and come up with a new plan.

Giving people cartel coins for "referring" people that are already playing is the worst referral program I have ever seen.

You are literally giving away the cartel market in exchange for zero new players.

I think it was designed to encourage new players, and give pref/f2p a taste of sub for a week to encourage them to get a subscription, but it hasn't worked like that for a long time, if ever. Instead when creating a new account with a referral code it seems there's a... maybe 20% chance that it'll work?

I think it was designed to encourage new players, and give pref/f2p a taste of sub for a week to encourage them to get a subscription, but it hasn't worked like that for a long time, if ever. Instead when creating a new account with a referral code it seems there's a... maybe 20% chance that it'll work?

FWIW, a lot of folks like myself have put our codes on social media like Twitter and Facebook, and gotten random folks we don't even know to sub. Not just all people spamming fleet and swapping codes with each other.

FWIW, a lot of folks like myself have put our codes on social media like Twitter and Facebook, and gotten random folks we don't even know to sub. Not just all people spamming fleet and swapping codes with each other.

So a whole lot of random strangers look at your Facebook and Twitter?

Are you some sort of media personality?

Otherwise, I would be more concerned about why random strangers were coming to my Facebook page and checking out the stuff that I and my friends posted.

I've posted mine on other gaming forums to encourage folks to come try SWTOR and I know from responses on those forums that people have used my link. I figure it can't hurt letting strangers use my link. They get something from it and I only get something if they actually subscribe in 14 days. I've not had many hits but enough to keep trying.

I've been reporting this since 3.2 and I'm glad someone finally is paying attention. I've sent in tickets only to be told to call only to be told to send in a ticket and even had locked tickets deleted by CS's with no explanation. I figure I've lost around 4000 cc due to this bug so hopefully you can fix it and replace the ones I'm either not getting coins from that say they are subbed or the ones who are subbed but it says they aren't.

How long has this been an issue?

I have a thread up, a ticket up and a question about EA HQ about this for almost 2 weeks now and no one from customer support is helping me with this.

Can you please help me get the rewards for my refer a friend, I didn't receive any, check out my threads about this issue:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Refer-a-friend-doesn-t-work/m-p/4937566#U4937566

And:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8610620#post8610620