Tank has a 45 minute Q time for group finder?

keysmachine

Leveling up a trooper. clicked the group finder button. Esseles CHECK annnd GO!

wait.. no go.

OK.. waiting, waiting, waiting.. go cook something, waiting, Drink a Mountain Dew, Waiting. POP

*** if this game is in SUCH SHORT supply for tanks. why does it take almost an hour to POP for low level instances.

wait.. no go.

OK.. waiting, waiting, waiting.. go cook something, waiting, Drink a Mountain Dew, Waiting. POP

*** if this game is in SUCH SHORT supply for tanks. why does it take almost an hour to POP for low level instances.

Because you're one of the only people who does SM Esseles in LFG.

wait.. no go.

Off the cuff, I'd say it's because (a) like previous commenter said, using Group Finder for SM Esseles seems to be a rarity and (b) trinity roles aren't as important in Esseles (or Black Talon) as the later FPs, so having a tank for it isn't as important.

Off the cuff, I'd say it's because (a) like previous commenter said, using Group Finder for SM Esseles seems to be a rarity and (b) trinity roles aren't as important in Esseles (or Black Talon) as the later FPs, so having a tank for it isn't as important.

b) isnt true. For the GF exakt one tank is always needed. And with the free tionese gear every tank class dd can tank every hm exept LI.

Yeah for the first flashpoint class makeup really don't matter. Just bring max DPS and it's all good. Esseles is one of those things you just incidentally pass while on the way to Coruscant. Very few will sit around and queue up for it and will most likely go directly the the entrance and hang out there.

b) isnt true. For the GF exakt one tank is always needed. And with the free tionese gear every tank class dd can tank every hm exept LI.

Since the OP mentioned leveling up, I'm pretty sure he meant story mode not HM. With that, you dont need any specific class make up for Esseles and/ore BT. First of all its only a H+2. Second being that most tanks dont even have threat abilities at that level.

So for the OP, like someone said above, for Esseles and BT its just easier meeting up outside the entrance and typing in general instead of the GF.

Some people like to do Esseles a few times before going to Coruscant, using LFG for the bonus commendations, so they can outfit some of their gear before going down. A lvl 11 or 15 barrel/hilt in your weapon certainly makes things easier than the lvl 7 one you initially got.

There's also probably a shortage of healers in your level bracket on your server. I know I have to wait ~15 minutes on my server as a tank for Esseles, but get nearly instantly grouped as a healer at the moment. But this varies a lot. Sometimes I get an instant start as a tank anyway, or have to wait 5 minutes on my healer.

It's odd though, when you enter and find there's also another player capable of healing present. Maybe that player unticked the heal option or something, but I can really say: DON'T! To heal through Esseles (or Black Talon for that matter) you don't need a single point in the heal tree. Actually, you hardly have to heal at all! Just two fights where an off-healer may be useful, but overall, you don't need to heal.

So for Esseles and Black Talon: simply leave the tank and healer boxes ticked if you want to get in faster.

All this only applies to story mode, ofcourse. :rolleyes:

Depending on your gear situation you can solo esseles at level 10. It's a 2 man flashpoint, but the GF just treats it like any other and won't put you in a group unless it can find a tank, healer, and 2 dps. Do what everyone else does and just find a partner to run it with. Aside from Esseless, the GF tool works pretty well.