Epic Warzone Design Fail in 1.2

Zaodon

That is a change for the PTS server. Doesn't mean it will carry over to the regular servers. They likely want to test the queue system thoroughly, which means they want to see if there are any bugs with filling lopsided warzone matches.

It also won't queue people into running games for rated WZ. Leaving a rated WZ is automatically a loss too. I have no issue with it not ending these games early. Gives me a chance to get some medals before the game finishes.

From the PTS 1.2 patch notes: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3776116#edit3776116

"Warzones no longer end early due to differing team populations."

So, instead of PREVENTING 5 v 8s, they are now forcing us to PLAY ALL THE WAY THRU the 5 v 8s.

Once again, Bioware fails epicly.

Wow...what are they thinking?!

Does anyone from Bioware actually PLAY this game? Honest question. If so, do you seriously not realize how bad this would be? Have you EVER been farmed in Huttball or Voidstar? You really think "I" should get a 15min lockout for opting NOT to sit there and be a targeting dummy for 5-10min?

in ranked warzones you can queue up with eight. A dev said he recommends queuing up with no less than seven. If you queue up with five or four and get rolled by an eight man premade, then who's fault is that? Edited by Pcolapat

Does anyone from Bioware actually PLAY this game? Honest question. If so, do you seriously not realize how bad this would be? Have you EVER been farmed in Huttball or Voidstar? You really think "I" should get a 15min lockout for opting NOT to sit there and be a targeting dummy for 5-10min?

Please read the first response to the post you quoted.

Just because something is on the test server doesn't mean it is intended as a live game change. They did this kind of thing all the time in Beta -- testing out ideas in a setting other than the live game.

So your in a situation where, you'll have no support from your team (0 metals .5 second life expectancy) , the game will drag on to the very end ... and you can't leave... meanwhile you'll have to listen to the crying from bads not to fight... omg ITS HELL!

ROTFL...

yea they've implemented my perfect hell!

Edited by VoidJustice

That is a change for the PTS server. Doesn't mean it will carry over to the regular servers. They likely want to test the queue system thoroughly, which means they want to see if there are any bugs with filling lopsided warzone matches.

Its been confirmed as going live in 1.2

Biofail at its best

Its been confirmed as going live in 1.2

Biofail at its best

just wow!

On ToFN (I believe the only server that still has queues to join) even if there is large population on Rep side we usually start matches with 6 vs 8 and some of them end due to leavers.

GG Bioware, let the reps not win anymore.

Unicorns have been confirmed as real. I have as much evidence as you.

Most patch notes contain changes that never go live.

Most patch notes contain changes that go live.

Which statement is true?

Derp.

Which statement is true?

Derp.

Angry little fella aren't ya?

So funny how a game company pwnz you. QQ it up... it's FUNNY. :)

Edited by Stradoo

Which statement is true?

Derp.

A 1.2 PTS patch note stated that the speeders in Alderaan had been removed.

A 1.2 PTS patch note stated that the speeders in Alderaan had been reinstated.

It's certainly impossible that a 1.2 PTS patch note could come out stating that warzones would end early with population imbalances?

Especially given that there is a clear statement from the developers that 1.2 would not be going live this week.

Derp.

From the PTS 1.2 patch notes: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3776116#edit3776116

"Warzones no longer end early due to differing team populations."

So, instead of PREVENTING 5 v 8s, they are now forcing us to PLAY ALL THE WAY THRU the 5 v 8s.

Once again, Bioware fails epicly.

Ya it's called rateds....

You want to forfit a rated?

The FAIL is strong with this one ^

While it needs tweaking a little i can see logically why they are doing this.

Ranked Warzone... you queue with a team of say assassin tank 3x healers (as an example)

Sprint in, grab ball... turtle for 120s till game ends and you win by being in possession in a tie game.

You know it will happen... if there is a way to cheese a system people will take that way.

in ranked warzones you can queue up with eight. A dev said he recommends queuing up with no less than seven. If you queue up with five or four and get rolled by an eight man premade, then who's fault is that?

^ this

I guess I would be better off either going to a more balanced server or just roll an imp..

On my server the match closes due to lack of players every 5 or 6 matchs.But if I'm playing 5 v 8 theres little or no point in playing pvp.Hmm this is such a fail.

I have two points to make:

1) This only applies to rated, so if you're that upset stay unrated. You shouldn't be in there without a large group anyway or else you should be in the solo queue.

2) You will all complain just as much if you come in to replace someone who leaves in a 3 capped Alderaan match and have no chance at winning. This isn't to punish people for having too few on a team, but to not punish people for getting stuck in a game late. If you can't get 8 people in for a WZ, I would highly suggest a server change since my server is dead and we have no problem getting to 8.

If you're in a rated match, and queue with less than 8, or people leave... why would they end it early? It benefits everyone really. It allows everyone to get their medals, which means valor/commendations. Winners will get more obviously, but if you don't have a full team how do you expect to win anyways?

The person who mentioned farming... it won't happen in 1.2. You get bonuses for finishing a match sooner rather than later. Farming just hurts the farmers.

I'm in favor of this. I don't think the people complaining have thought it through completely.

Edited by Drexorn

they dont realy know what they are doing :/

Only thing that concerns me with this, and I haven't seen this mentioned, so don't troll me for this, is the fact that if you get a disconnect, what happens then ? is this counted as a loss too, or will you still be able to re join your team if the game is still running - if its not running, can you still be credited with the medals you had obtained, as well as valor and XP ? If your side wins or looses will you still share in that ?

If your going to be treated as a deserter, through the game client crashing, and coming up with error codes, its hardly a fair system, in other words.