Dlc

josephisawesome

I've heard rumors that the cathar species will be playable in future dlc. Who wants to play as a walking cat?! Here are some species i think should be playable: Wookie, Kel Dor, neimodian, trandoshan, rodians, or maybe even yoda's species. Not a cat.

If I understood it correctly from the last Livestream they did. Cathar will be available on the Cartel Market. They did not say if subbed players would get them for free, at least not that I remember; but heavily hinted that other species would follow depending on how well the Cathar race did.

I've heard rumors that the cathar species will be playable in future dlc. Who wants to play as a walking cat?! Here are some species i think should be playable: Wookie, Kel Dor, neimodian, trandoshan, rodians, or maybe even yoda's species. Not a cat.

there was a poll of which race to add (with a few notable species), most would like to try out a cat.

wookie: who wants to play as a walking ape?!

Kel Dor: who wants to play as a walking crustacean?!

Neimoidian: Who wants to play as a walking frog?!

Trandoshan: Who wants to play as a walking lizard?!

Rodians: Who wants to play as a walking gecko?!

seriously... you dont want to play as a "walking cat" but all of those seem perfectly viable to you?

We'll likely never get a race that doesn't speak galactic basic since the class stories are all spoken in basic.

That's not true. All the player's dialogue could be substituted with huttese, growls or any of the other non-basic languages. There'd also be additional changes made to the romances but I guess anything to allow them as playable.

With Cathar, if it was to be purchasable in the Cartel Market, hopefully it's the same as currently with other species to F2P players and available automatically to subscribers.

That's not true. All the player's dialogue could be substituted with huttese, growls or any of the other non-basic languages. There'd also be additional changes made to the romances but I guess anything to allow them as playable.

With Cathar, if it was to be purchasable in the Cartel Market, hopefully it's the same as currently with other species to F2P players and available automatically to subscribers.

What's "Not true" about "not likely"? Bioware has explicitly stated as much. They want to keep the player character a basic speaking race. They paid good money for those voice actors and by god they're going to use them.

What's "Not true" about "not likely"? Bioware has explicitly stated as much. They want to keep the player character a basic speaking race. They paid good money for those voice actors and by god they're going to use them.

I didn't say they would remove the basic speaking voice acting from the game, it would remain for the basic speaking species and future ones there after. Just the non-basic speaking ones would have the dialogue substituted with non-basic.

Sorry, you'll be disappointed as they be trying to get more cash out of you.

Cathar are pretty much Bioware's baby, they are the ones that actually generated more interest in the species though Juhani than we really see in anything else.

though to be honest when it comes to feline species I would have loved getting a Kasa Horansi

Ive always thought " because there really is very little in the way of actual perks to one species over another that- to me are major" thought they should have lumped humanoids all into one group, and thrown in the Humans, Pantoran, Zeltron, Arkanian, Chiss so on and so forth into that then gone near human with your Togurta, iradonian, twi'lek, and so on, then non human where you may get the Kel-Dor, wookies duros and such

Edited by MatronAdena

I didn't say they would remove the basic speaking voice acting from the game, it would remain for the basic speaking species and future ones there after. Just the non-basic speaking ones would have the dialogue substituted with non-basic.

And Bioware said this isn't going to happen. The class stories are set and not likely changing.

Too bad they didn't sink a little more money into the voice acting so that not every player character of the same class/race/gender sounded identical to each other.

Having one voice works fine in a game like Mass Effect 2, but in a game like this they should have had the foresight to have voice sets to choose from so people teamed up didn't sound exactly the same if they had the same character setup. Every male human Jedi knight sounding exactly the same comes off as a bit cheap and unfinished when you consider the effort that went into the NPC voice acting.

It would be great if they fixed this in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.

seriously... you dont want to play as a "walking cat" but all of those seem perfectly viable to you?

The critera is:

1. is it basically a different coloured humaniod.

2. there is no 2.

Seriously there's GOT to be more people wanting to play Wookie(e)s than Cathar.

Too bad they didn't sink a little more money into the voice acting so that not every player character of the same class/race/gender sounded identical to each other.

Having one voice works fine in a game like Mass Effect 2, but in a game like this they should have had the foresight to have voice sets to choose from so people teamed up didn't sound exactly the same if they had the same character setup. Every male human Jedi knight sounding exactly the same comes off as a bit cheap and unfinished when you consider the effort that went into the NPC voice acting.

It would be great if they fixed this in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah... first off, they hired some amazing voice actors... Steven Blum, David Hayter, Jennifer Hale... these people were not cheap... secondly, there is an absurd amount of dialogue to record if they want to redo it, plus programming it in, yeah I can tell you 100% that is never ever going to happen.

The interviews about Cathar are making new races not look promising. They won't outright say no, but from everything we've gotten from them, Wookiee and Rodian are most likely either not happening or won't be coming for a very long time if they did decide to, they really don't want to use generic alienese every time a main character talks, they want basic. They also keep saying that making Cathar has been a pretty big pita for them, it's expensive and time consuming, and if the race doesn't sell well, the likelihood of more races isn't good.

If they do another species, I'm going to guess it'll be the Togruta, it's a humanoid specie that can speak basic, and it's probably the most popular, or at least up there with Wookiee in popularity.

But Hutts don't have feet!

Someone eat this guy.

But in all seriousness, I think this game should have a lot more playable species, than what is available at the moment. The Star Wars galaxy blew our minds because of the amazing universe that George Lucas created. I mean, one of the most famous scenes is the cantina scene in Jedi.

I'm not saying to have hundreds of species (though that would be amazing), but there should easily be 15-20 playable species.

Edited by BlueArab
grammar

I think a Wookie is more closely related to a walking dog then ape, no? Or closer to a Mog? Either way it's a walking carpet.