I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

TheBBP

So if this had been in the game at the start (as it was supposed to be), would a lot of people railing against it have never played at all? Apparently you like the game or wouldn't be subscribed? Would you really have passed on all that you like for something that detractors say is such a minor area of content?

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to put my weight behind the non-inclusion of SGR content. The game is great without it, and I don't believe it's needed. And like so many have mentioned, the focus shouldn't be on implementing divisive subject matter, but on the gameplay and stability of what's already there and needs to be addressed.

And yet, there a great many players who see "playability" and "gameplay"in the RP aspect, with others or with just their character and their companions. Which means many of them, myself included, have characters that are seen as homosexual and would like to be able to romance another male or female. That enhances our play through. And is thus needed to have happy players.

You guys will be fine. You will have new flashpoints, most likely, and you don't have to choose [flirt] options to make your play through fulfilling.

So if this had been in the game at the start (as it was supposed to be), would a lot of people railing against it have never played at all? Apparently you like the game or wouldn't be subscribed? Would you really have passed on all that you like for something that detractors say is such a minor area of content?

I understand that most forum-goers do not like to read all of the posts in a multi-page thread (I am guilty of this as well) so I will repeat what has already been said and elaborate a little.

I have followed this game very closely since day 1. I am the 176th person to register at this site and have been very active here. We knew that SGRs were coming eventually as this was told to us LONG ago. What I do not agree with is that they were given precedence over other far more needed features that would have benefited far more people.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not I think that they should be in the game. This thread is about what I believe to be is misplaced priorities by the devs.

What I do not agree with is that they were given precedence over other far more needed features that would have benefited far more people.

That isn't necessarily true, though, in fact I don't believe it is at all. I don't believe the production team works that way. . Like I said before, there are a lot of different groups of people working on different aspects of the game. They have the warzone people, the operation people, the story and quest writers, the client software people, world design, outfit and creature design, the list goes on and on. They are all working concurrently. Makeb was as project started soon after launch that they wanted to bring out in order to give people more story, and of course story will include some romance, it's in the currently available story. . A lot of people who play this game really love and obsess over this aspect of the game. So in this big story content that they've been developing over the last year, they happened to make some romance options have same gender recognition. That is all.

It sounds to me like people think they brought the whole studio down to halt and spent a big chunk of development time "just on SGR content". That isn't what this is.

Edited by chuixupu

Whole lotta people talking who have no idea how game development works, sounds like.

It's not like they pulled the PvP or the bug fixing team and said "Oh you guys are now working on SGRs."

They just had the voice actor(s) record a few extra lines and spent a little bit of time on the cutscenes or what have you. Big whoop.

Me personally I would never have bought the game and played.

We knew that SGRs were coming eventually as this was told to us LONG ago. What I do not agree with is that they were given precedence over other far more needed features

When and where was that EVER stated? Especially when you even admit that SGR's were told that they were GOING to be added. So, with that in mind, how in the world can you justify saying that something that has been in the works of being added SINCE the beginning had knocked over everything just to get added? Heck, if it was going to be added, why are you seemingly shocked and pissed that it is getting added?

I would rather see a new warzone or world event rather than SGR(and i said the SGR part with anger and disgust)

Warzones are a different department and they've already stated that there will be new Warzones coming. And World Events are a 1 time Event, meaning once the WE is done it is done & over.

I don't see the big deal. SGR is already in the game. Don't believe me? Log onto any RP server....any of them. Take your female character into the cantina. You WILL meet another female character. Now since you're male and the person playing the other female character is also male...there ya have it!! SGR in every way you could possibly dream of!!

When and where was that EVER stated? Especially when you even admit that SGR's were told that they were GOING to be added. So, with that in mind, how in the world can you justify saying that something that has been in the works of being added SINCE the beginning had knocked over everything just to get added? Heck, if it was going to be added, why are you seemingly shocked and pissed that it is getting added?

• Guild Functionality
  • Lag Issues
  • Decent Server Populations

All things that they have been working on since BETA that deserve more attention than a feature that panders to such a small crowd. They promised us lots of things would make it to game eventually. The fact that they took any man hours at all from any department to get SGRs up and running over adding more man hours to get more important things done that affect many more people is why I think that the priorities are screwed up.

And the Department involved with SGR's doesn't affect those 3 Points you had just mentioned. So, no man power was taken away from any of the Departments involved in those 3 Points. The Departments that would be involved with SGR's are already involved with making content for the Expansions such as:

Writers, Animators, Voice Acting

Edited by Altyrell

And the Department involved with SGR's doesn't affect those 3 Points you had just mentioned. So, no man power was taken away from any of the Departments involved in those 3 Points. The Departments that would be involved with SGR's are already involved with making content for the Expansions such as:

Writers, Animators, Voice Acting

They have an overall budget. Instead of paying for more time for more writing/animating/acting, they should have spent that money on man hours for other more important things that will affect the gameplay of far more people instead of pandering to a tiny group of people and shoving SGRs forward.

They have an overall budget. Instead of paying for more time for more writing/animating/acting, they should have spent that money on man hours for other more important things that will affect the gameplay of far more people instead of pandering to a tiny group of people and shoving SGRs forward.

So you want them to fire the content creators so that they can hire more coders.

What happens then when the coders get everything fixed and there's no new content?

No but how about more class story lines instead of generic Imperial/Republic stories.

More class story would be nice, however (back on topic) that would take just as many resources as a full SGR implementation as opposed to the few [Flirt]s that they are adding in now with RotHC.

Maybe the "Next" expansion will contain Class Stories.

I think the jist of this thread is that BW should not rely on features that hide/over-shadow certain problems with their game and appear as 'hereos' of the internet by going with the political correct trends of being liberal minded and putting SGRA in a teen rated game... but rather focus on the actual expected content for an MMO and for the KOTOR series. Edited by VegaPhone

More class story would be nice, however (back on topic) that would take just as many resources as a full SGR implementation as opposed to the few [Flirt]s that they are adding in now with RotHC.

Maybe the "Next" expansion will contain Class Stories.

I would prefer the resources be put there then SGR's.

I would prefer the resources be put there then SGR's.

Since they've already said that SGR is going to be part of the game, my assumption is that any new Story Content is going to include SGR with it as well.

All of the existing content was already just that... existing. With new content, they have the chance to add the SGR content and they most likely will take it.

I think the jist of this thread is that BW should not rely on features that hide/over-shadow certain problems with their game and appear as 'hereos' of the internet by going with the political correct trends of being liberal minded and putting SGRA in a teen rated game....

Ignoring the fact that they announced before the game even launched that they planned on having SGRs. And also ignoring the fact that Bioware already has put SGRs in their previous games so it's not like they're making some kind of new statement. And there are already Teen rated games with SGR content, it has no bearing on the ESRB.

So no.

Since they've already said that SGR is going to be part of the game, my assumption is that any new Story Content is going to include SGR with it as well.

All of the existing content was already just that... existing. With new content, they have the chance to add the SGR content and they most likely will take it.

I don't expect them to go back and spend time adding it to pre-existing content, however if they plan to add SGR to future story content, I'd be content with that.

I don't expect them to go back and spend time adding it to pre-existing content, however if they plan to add SGR to future story content, I'd be content with that.

Yes, I am happy to see that there will be a few SGR-flirts in Makeb. Hope that there will be a companion with a SGR-romance in some future expansion.

Edited by SilentKitty

I find it ironic the OP is against pandering to tiny portions of the community yet advocates for the SSSP, the black hole for dev resources that could add lots of meaningful pvp and pve endgame content instead of redesigning a bloody minigame to appease x-wing fans.

Free flight space sim is about as niche as it gets. But I guess pandering to a minority is OK as long as you're that minority eh.

Edited by aeterno