Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Isoviel
03.06.2013 , 06:43 PM | #2871
Etonya is an insane killer with a soft spot for children. She adopted those two because she killed off their families when they were babies. Funny thing Etonya is a twi'lek so neither of the girls know their cultural background.

iamthehoyden
03.06.2013 , 06:50 PM | #2872
Quote: Originally Posted by Isoviel View Post
Etonya is an insane killer with a soft spot for children. She adopted those two because she killed off their families when they were babies. Funny thing Etonya is a twi'lek so neither of the girls know their cultural background.
Ok, now THAT'S an interesting backstory, lol.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Mrtwo
03.06.2013 , 08:13 PM | #2873
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
-snip-
I'm glad so many people have enjoyed Ajacksa. If I end up with something resembling an entire story (and it's starting to look that way) I'll stop hijacking the short fic thread and put her in a thread of her own
I'd read it. I've been an avid SWTOR fanfic reader for months and have read everything (except for the storylines I haven't finished yet, like Agent) to the point that I this is my only source for reading fun at the end of the day. I dread getting to the part of Kouhun's life where the BH story actually begins, it's easier writing original characters then trying to succesfully emulate a game character

Pre-story short fics with Sullustans in them should be fun until then though.
Don't judge a book by its cover.

Striges
03.06.2013 , 08:52 PM | #2874
@ Bright: You get Kaliyo just right. She still drives me crazy. But I love Wynston’s handling of her.

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
There is no WAY a piece of armor you pick up off some thug in Jiguuna would fit a female bt4. Not a chance in hell, lol.
Things with buttons won’t fit a female bt4. I did like that as part of your character’s experience. Step 3 on her list, if I remember correctly. And oo, background hints along with more insight into Jack’s thought process. Nice.

@ Isoviel: Definitely an interesting story and backstory. A new height (or low, depending on your perspective) to Kaliyo’s pranks.

@ MrTwo: stories with gadgeteering Sullustans and Ratattaki math teachers are very welcome.

Irrissa
03.06.2013 , 09:45 PM | #2875
First off, I want to apologize for not addressing each writer individually, I know how much I appreciate hearing comments on my drabbles. But I have been reading and oh the stories bring such joy to me and y'all awe me with your talents.

Between work and getting drawn into the event and a 1000 other excuses I hadn't written for a while.

Here is a small bit that is actually part of the bigger Cielle story. It fit the Morning After prompt so here you go. And I will eventually get back to work on the bigger story.

Bounty Hunter spoiler from the beginning of Act 2

Prompt: Morning After - Cielle Bounty Hunter

Spoiler
*Rissa (60 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (60 Sage)* Aubrei (60 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

iamthehoyden
03.06.2013 , 09:47 PM | #2876
Rissa, I absolutely laughed out loud and clapped. That was awesome
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
03.06.2013 , 10:04 PM | #2877
Additional Morning After (I don't think I've been this prolific since What's in a Name?), a serious Quinn/Ruth piece I never did when writing RMC for some reason. A direct followup to a much older Dreams entry. Implicit spoilers for Sith Warrior Act 3. 1000 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

Striges
03.07.2013 , 08:52 AM | #2878
@ Irrissa: Ah, Mako, you prankster you. Much fun, I enjoyed this read.

@ Bright: Angst ahoy. Quinn still so very...Quinn.

You know, the one downside to this thread being random is you never know what stories will go together and which one will clash. Talk about mood swings.

bright_ephemera
03.07.2013 , 10:02 AM | #2879
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
You know, the one downside to this thread being random is you never know what stories will go together and which one will clash. Talk about mood swings.
haha, that's what I get for posting right after one of the ones I can't read because spoilers

...then again, I've always been really, really bad at palate-cleansing anyway. I have in the past had Nalenne's Chronicles, Sword of Mercy, Forced Companions Daycare, and Vierce open simultaneously, skipping among them as thoughts come to mind. I am told that the faces I unconsciously make during this process are hilarious.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

bright_ephemera
03.07.2013 , 11:22 AM | #2880
Speaking of jumping around, I finally got a Sevasht/Vette morning after, which makes this the last of my initial brainstorming, um, storm. I think this is Sevasht's first appearance on the SFC thread…he's a Sith Warrior who is fully aware of the game mechanics. His companions are not, because it's a secret. He held out for a while against the designated love interest Vette but actually kind of likes her. Enough to maybe start explaining the secret and stuff. So, some time after the main story (no game spoilers)…

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads