Rested EXP for lv 50 players

Anariodin

Until 2.0 comes out, a Lv 50 player does not get any rested EXP. But a Lv 49 does.

This may be a "yea and?" statement, but imagine a Lv 49 with 400k rested EXP and only 1k from leveling up. Once 2.0 comes out, that player will have more rested EXP than any Lv 50 and be able to hit 50 and then keep going with 399.5k rested EXP.

Since Legacy EXP is not supposed to be effected by Rested EXP, allowing Lv 50 players to accumulate rested EXP would not assist them until a level cap increase were to be applied. 500k Rested EXP would be a big help for Lv 50 players and give everyone an equal advantage for getting to Lv 55.

Oh no, someone might reach 55 before you! It is the end of the world!

Seriously, it is a non-issue. If you have been 50 for any decent amount of time, your gear will be superior to that of any level 49 player, and thus will help you defeat the 50+ content much faster, pretty much nullifying the bonus rested XP will grant the player.

If you have been 50 for any decent amount of time, your gear will be superior to that of any level 49 player, and thus will help you defeat the 50+ content much faster, pretty much nullifying the bonus rested XP will grant the player.

You seem to forget, Legacy gear.

To the OP, yeah it would be nice to get that rested XP, wouldn't make or break me if not added but I think the question has merit.

You seem to forget, Legacy gear.

To the OP, yeah it would be nice to get that rested XP, wouldn't make or break me if not added but I think the question has merit.

No I didn't forget legacy gear. I was going on the assumption of "main" characters, because that is what people will be leveling from the start. Level 50 characters will start gaining rested XP as soon as the account has access to ROTHC, so any alts one has will get rested XP from the get go.

Regardless, big whoop if someone can max level before you can. It is really not a big deal, and not something that needs to be fixed.

Lol jgoldsack, you made me laugh. But I completely agree with you. I mean, what about all those who preordered the expansion, they get 5 days early access. They also have a big advantage over others.

But serously, don't power level your first char, enjoy Makeb, listen to the conversation of all side quests, they did spent a lot of money in voice over you know. If somebody hits lvl 55 because he skipped all convo and rest exp, so be it. You can catch up with him the next day, and you'll be 55 together.

You're always going to have the e-peen levelers who have the 5 day early access, have a huge stash of XP boosts, will schedule a week off from work for their 24/7 power leveling marathon, and have a pre configured power leveling group simply so they can proclaim "I am the first!" No amount of rested experience will overcome that.

Until 2.0 comes out, a Lv 50 player does not get any rested EXP. But a Lv 49 does.

Umm... how do you know that level 50s won't get retroactive rested time when the expansion is activated on their account? That's pretty much the way it works with other MMOs, so I really don't see why this one would be different. They clearly have the analytics to check and award you the correct amount of rested XP.

This may be a "yea and?" statement, but imagine a Lv 49 with 400k rested EXP and only 1k from leveling up. Once 2.0 comes out, that player will have more rested EXP than any Lv 50 and be able to hit 50 and then keep going with 399.5k rested EXP.

Are you sure that this is how it works currently? If 50 is the cap for rest xp, can you actually accrue any over what it would taken to get to 50? I haven't tested it (and can't since I don't currently have a level 49 character), but I would think that if you 1k xp away from 50, that you wouldn't be able to gain an amount of rest xp over 1k.

Just curious.

Either way, my personal opinion is that it's not a big deal to make it to 55 first. But that's just me. To each their own, I suppose.

Umm... how do you know that level 50s won't get retroactive rested time when the expansion is activated on their account? That's pretty much the way it works with other MMOs, so I really don't see why this one would be different. They clearly have the analytics to check and award you the correct amount of rested XP.

That's how it works in other games? I had no idea. I just kinda figured that when 2.0 hits Live all the current level 50 people wouldn't have any Rested XP on them. Not that rested XP is a big deal in any way, shape, or form, though.

Also, let's not forget about those XP boosts. Those will probably be more effective than Rested XP by itself anyways.

You're always going to have the e-peen levelers who have the 5 day early access, have a huge stash of XP boosts, will schedule a week off from work for their 24/7 power leveling marathon, and have a pre configured power leveling group simply so they can proclaim "I am the first!" No amount of rested experience will overcome that.

Some people prefer to play the end game content only, this doesn't make them "e-peeners" or ones who want to shout "first". Example, I really don't care for the PvE/story factor in this game at all, but would rather get to the highest level possible to reach end game content for PvP. I know I'm not alone in this either. It's not a biggy to me if there is no rested XP saved for 50's, but it's not an outrageous concern either.

Some people prefer to play the end game content only, this doesn't make them "e-peeners" or ones who want to shout "first". Example, I really don't care for the PvE/story factor in this game at all, but would rather get to the highest level possible to reach end game content for PvP. I know I'm not alone in this either. It's not a biggy to me if there is no rested XP saved for 50's, but it's not an outrageous concern either.

If you only want to be 55 for yourself, then why does it matter if someone else gets there before you because they are 49 with rested XP and you are 50 without?

That's how it works in other games? I had no idea.

Yep... For instance: WoW... as soon as you enter your expansion code and login...bang... your xp bar goes active and it's full up with rested xp.

And rested XP is significant at that level .... so a full rest XP is probably going to help zip you through the first couple of levels.

Edited by Andryah

You will have a full bar of rested when 2.0 rolls. That's how it is on PTS now. When you first login, you have 500K of 500K rested XP. Which is nice, since it's around 3 million XP from 50 to 55 (about the same as the total from 42 to 50). Edited by Heezdedjim

You're always going to have the e-peen levelers who have the 5 day early access, have a huge stash of XP boosts, will schedule a week off from work for their 24/7 power leveling marathon, and have a pre configured power leveling group.

OMG

How did you know?!

Lol just kidding... sort of. I don't care about being first.

Anyway, rested exp would be nice, but it doesn't upset me that we wont have it.

Edited by Radzkie

We will have it. In fact we already do. You just can't see it after you hit the level cap.

Hmm...I didn't notice the rested exp when I copied my characters to the PTS. Thanks for pointing it out.

Edited by Radzkie

You know, I actually do want max rested exp for the RotHC expansion. I preordered in time for the early access, so I'm in the group of customers who care about reaching max level before my peers.

I've been idle or logged off at fleet or my ship for months. I would expect to have max rested exp when RotHC arrives.

My OP was not complaining. It was stating a perk in the game I feel we should have, why we should have it, and provided an example of that reason.

I never said it was super important or game breaking if this never happens. I am just stating that it would be a nice thing to have. Like Rocket Boost or the EXP Boosts. Perks that help you, but if you didnt have them, you would still get to your end result, just a little slower in doing so.