When you are playing and you Disconnect = Feature of the Game?

Count_Midnite

Honestly, I have had this happen over a month now. I'm doing a WZ or even an Operation and it just kicks me to desktop screen. My hardware can run it, it's just after a wonky patch I am starting to get booted to desktop very frequently. Am I the only one who is experiencing this? Can someone help me fix it? I'm just tired of getting DCed from Ranked WZs/Operations. Thanks.

Well I'm reassured I am not the only one, still I'm sure Bioware does know about this issue, it's been going on for a while. It would be nice to pay my sub without having to disconnect at crucial moments. Such as a boss fight or rated WZ. I know my hardware can run the game properly, I even set my graphics at low just for good measure. I do feel that this should be addressed... It's kind of hindering to people and their gameplay experience.

Happens to me as well, but very infrequently. The game just closes itself for no reason. But it only happens to me once a week or two, and thankfully it hasn't yet happened when I was doing something important. At first I thought it may have been my computer as it was a couple of years old and even with scans and sweeps sometimes you just get some hidden error that just won't go away, but I just got a new computer that I've had less than a week and it happened again just the other day.

It's a way to, um... like, help ensure the health of its users.

Advanced algorithms in the game code detect listlessness, sleepiness, and fluttering heart rate based on users' mouse movements, and shuts down in order to help induce healthy balance.

I have several computers who run the game and on some I have the problem, on some I don't.

This is the only conclusions I can draw:

1 - Have a 64-bit windows installed.

This is absolutely prio 1. You want to run on a 64-bit OS. If you have a 32-bit OS (Win XP or Vista/7 in 32-bit mode, win 8 is only 64-bit afaik) then try to upgrade. Will help.

2 - LOTS of internal memory.

Less than 8 gb means that you'll have to restart once every 1-2 hours for the game to fully function. 8-12 gb the game should work, but not run perfect at all times, more than 12 gb internal men = smooth sailing.

Now - people who know something about the client will say "Hey, it's a 32-bit client, it cannot use more than 2 gb internal mem anyway!! He's full of ****!" this is partially true. The game cannot USE more than 2 gb internal men, but it's coded so badly that it leaks memory quite a lot. This is the reason you want tons of internal memory.

If you have the chance to fix the two above then you should be golden.

If not - don't despair - BW is aware of the problem and is trying to fix it. They even have a thread up asking for help.

Honestly, I have had this happen over a month now. I'm doing a WZ or even an Operation and it just kicks me to desktop screen. My hardware can run it, it's just after a wonky patch I am starting to get booted to desktop very frequently. Am I the only one who is experiencing this? Can someone help me fix it? I'm just tired of getting DCed from Ranked WZs/Operations. Thanks.

It's a memory leak that is more obvious on 32 bit systems though it does get you on 64 bit as well it just takes longer. It was (re)introduced with 1.4 along with a whole load of other game breaking bugs and they seem either incapable or disinclined to fix it given it has been over 4 months. There is as pointed out a thread asking for information - it has been there since September and they haven't even posted in it since the original information request 11.01.2012.

I have several computers who run the game and on some I have the problem, on some I don't.

This is the only conclusions I can draw:

1 - Have a 64-bit windows installed.

This is absolutely prio 1. You want to run on a 64-bit OS. If you have a 32-bit OS (Win XP or Vista/7 in 32-bit mode, win 8 is only 64-bit afaik) then try to upgrade. Will help.

2 - LOTS of internal memory.

Less than 8 gb means that you'll have to restart once every 1-2 hours for the game to fully function. 8-12 gb the game should work, but not run perfect at all times, more than 12 gb internal men = smooth sailing.

Now - people who know something about the client will say "Hey, it's a 32-bit client, it cannot use more than 2 gb internal mem anyway!! He's full of ****!" this is partially true. The game cannot USE more than 2 gb internal men, but it's coded so badly that it leaks memory quite a lot. This is the reason you want tons of internal memory.

If you have the chance to fix the two above then you should be golden.

If not - don't despair - BW is aware of the problem and is trying to fix it. They even have a thread up asking for help.

Although not frequent, it happens to me and my wife from time to time.

I run Win 7 64 bit with 12G and she runs Win 8 64 bit with 16G. My wifes old machine was a Win 7 64 bit with 4G and we see no difference (DC wise) between that and her new computer. She never had to restart on the old 4G machine even during long play sessions and had about the same number of crashes.

Yeah, game is no longer playable with the frequent disconnects, and customer service doesn't exist. I'm sad because im one of the few people who stick up for the game, and they can't even keep it running. time to move on.