"Researched Compounds" ... who uses these? lol

Sarielle

While we're at it, is there a resource out there so I can also look up things I get from slicing missions etc.?

Right now I'm only doing Biochem as a craft, and that character also has bioanalysis and diplomacy. I had run a few investigation missions on another character though just to test it out and I don't know what these are used for. If I don't anticipate needing them for my biochem gal, I'll just sell.

While we're at it, is there any correlation between what missions I run and what exact materials I get back? I'm not talking Grade I/II etc., I'm talking "Mission X and Y give these specific materials and this on a crit, while Mission Z gives this other material every time." I haven't noticed a pattern but I also usually PvP between sending them out so it's a bit hard to keep track.

While we're at it, is there a resource out there so I can also look up things I get from slicing missions etc.?

Right now I'm only doing Biochem as a craft, and that character also has bioanalysis and diplomacy. I had run a few investigation missions on another character though just to test it out and I don't know what these are used for. If I don't anticipate needing them for my biochem gal, I'll just sell.

While we're at it, is there any correlation between what missions I run and what exact materials I get back? I'm not talking Grade I/II etc., I'm talking "Mission X and Y give these specific materials and this on a crit, while Mission Z gives this other material every time." I haven't noticed a pattern but I also usually PvP between sending them out so it's a bit hard to keep track.

armstech uses these.

Yet if you look in the Codex entry for Armstech, it no longer suggests you take Investigation, only suggests Scavenging and Slicing.

Armstech isn't the only Crafting skill that has had their codex entry changed to no longer list the required Mission Skill. Armormech and Synthweaving no longer list Underworld Trading as the recommended Mission Skill, just lists Scavenging/Archeology and Slicing.

Yeah, I looked under the entries at first but it wasn't very helpful.

I have another question. Is it worth it for me to do biochem on my main, from a practicality standpoint? I had been just leveling gathering skills (to sell) but I can't find any recent info on whether biochem is useful if I decide to do "end game" stuff. I will probably PvP on a couple of characters but I'm not likely to to operations or whatnot on anything but my Sage.

Is it still correct that I can only use reusables if I have the required biochem level? What about non-reusables?

Edited by Sarielle

Yet if you look in the Codex entry for Armstech, it no longer suggests you take Investigation, only suggests Scavenging and Slicing.

Armstech isn't the only Crafting skill that has had their codex entry changed to no longer list the required Mission Skill. Armormech and Synthweaving no longer list Underworld Trading as the recommended Mission Skill, just lists Scavenging/Archeology and Slicing.

This is a good piece of info.... For me anyway! I'll be re-speccing crew skills soon....

Yeah, I looked under the entries at first but it wasn't very helpful.

I have another question. Is it worth it for me to do biochem on my main, from a practicality standpoint? I had been just leveling gathering skills (to sell) but I can't find any recent info on whether biochem is useful if I decide to do "end game" stuff. I will probably PvP on a couple of characters but I'm not likely to to operations or whatnot on anything but my Sage.

Is it still correct that I can only use reusables if I have the required biochem level? What about non-reusables?

Yes, only you can use Reusables if you have the required Biochem. Other people can use them too IF they have the required level. Everything else is fare game for anyone to use.

Yes, only you can use Reusables if you have the required Biochem. Other people can use them too IF they have the required level. Everything else is fare game for anyone to use.

yea but IF they have the required level then it more than likely means they will have the reusables themselves, BUT i will admit i have leveled a couple characters with biochem (without diplomacy/bioanalysis) and just bought the needed greens to get to 400 so i could use reusable medpacs while leveling

• 2 weeks later...
To answer the original questions, purple 28 aim and cunning barrels sell well to people gearing up, and for companions -- most people at 55 will then get a 69 or 72 made by crafters once they have the materials from completing S&V and/or TfB, plus basic comms for the vials of stabilized isotope-5.