Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining your little expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Premades are ruining your little expansion

SwiftDuck
01.01.2014 , 01:21 PM | #51
people just can't help but make QQ threads....

arkanone
01.01.2014 , 01:50 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
that attitude is fine and dandy if this was a Death-match mode but it is not, it is a King of the Hill mode, a mode that only works if your team works as a whole... there is no room for Cowboys in King of the Hill, Cowboys belong in Death-match which is not available as of yet... what y'all are suggesting is removing the teamwork from a goal oriented mode that requires teamwork to be effective, what y'all really want is a free for all Death-match mode...
No. GSF is Premade Voice Chat mode. If that level of communication and coordination is required to do anything but die over and over, Bioware needs to make changes.

Or they can have your "take or leave it" attitude and watch subscribers leave.

-Shadowfist-
01.01.2014 , 02:58 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by arkanone View Post
You must be new here. That's pretty much always been their motto.
There is no peace, there is anger
There is no fear, there is power
There is no death, there is immortality
There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

renegadeimp
01.01.2014 , 03:14 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by -Shadowfist- View Post
You must be new here. That's pretty much always been their motto.
and its done then well. EA has already officially said that the game as it stands now is making more money than ever before. Even at release.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Elly_Dawn
01.01.2014 , 04:22 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by arkanone View Post
No. GSF is Premade Voice Chat mode. If that level of communication and coordination is required to do anything but die over and over, Bioware needs to make changes.

that's funny cause i mostly Que as solo, and don't use any VoIP of any kind when i do party up... when we succeed it's because we worked as a team, we set up a plan at the beginning when you first enter the map using the chat box provided, and as long as everyone sticks to it we win... when we lose it's because nobody listened and went all Cowboy chasing the Kill Count and neglecting the goal... no VoIP needed, just common sense and a willingness to stick to the plan and not get suckered away from the goal so it can be easily taken...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

DEATHICIDE
01.01.2014 , 04:25 PM | #56
that's funny cause i mostly Que as solo, and don't use any VoIP of any kind when i do party up... when we succeed it's because we worked as a team, we set up a plan at the beginning when you first enter the map using the chat box provided, and as long as everyone sticks to it we win... when we lose it's because nobody listened and went all Cowboy chasing the Kill Count and neglecting the goal, no VoIP needed, just common sense and a willingness to stick to the plan and not get suckered away from the goal so it can be easily taken...
Sounds like a PUG to me!

Headsets however, bring the opportunity for split second coordination without having to take a typing break, hence why texting macros are not allowed in the warzones, and using them can result in a suspension of your account.
It is an unfair advantage.

Elly_Dawn
01.01.2014 , 05:05 PM | #57
why yes i do PUG mostly... but i will never deny the "Premades" their right to be included into a game mode that was designed to benefit that particular style of play, i for one have no problem playing with them or against them, bring it on we'll test our skills together in combat...

just saiyan...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...

ptwonline
01.01.2014 , 08:42 PM | #58
why yes i do PUG mostly... but i will never deny the "Premades" their right to be included into a game mode that was designed to benefit that particular style of play, i for one have no problem playing with them or against them, bring it on we'll test our skills together in combat...

just saiyan...
Come to Shadowlands and queue solo as Imp weekends or holidays.

Last 2 matches I was in, the Rep premades won 1000 to 15 and 1000 to 5. They move in 4's or 8's in seconds to any satellite even threatened, never mind taken. My side had a total of 8 kills in the 2 matches, and I had 6 of those myself. If you're the best GSF player on the world the final score would likely have been 1000 to 50.

This just illustrates why the majority of MMO players despise PvP, and try to avoid it in EVERY game.

BrianDavion
01.01.2014 , 08:57 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharee View Post
<sigh>

If the enemy holds two satellites, and 1/3 of your team does nothing but 'defend' the one satellite you hold and the enemy has _no_ reason to ever attack, then you already lost the match.

When enemy holds two satellites, you can affort ONE defender at the one you own, at most, and in all seriousness you probably should ALL be attacking, with no guard at all, just watch the minimap to see if the sat is under attack, the three turrets are there for a reason, to give you enough time to get back to it if it needs defending.

yes you shoul;d be attacking the sats not sitting out in the middle of nowhere dogfighting

Elly_Dawn
01.02.2014 , 02:10 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
...This just illustrates why the majority of MMO players despise PvP, and try to avoid it in EVERY game.
i'm one of those people that despise PvP, and it's not because of being outmatched but because of the general bad attitude of most PvP players... really check my post history it's riddled with "i hate PvP" and the reasons why... but, on the flip-side GSF is the first PvP action i found that i enjoy, it's fun and i don't have to listen to screaming high-pitched 12 year olds trying to sound "mature" by dropping F-Bombs and insulting people constantly over a headset...