Bounty hunters AKA Mercenary Nerf

Wildscar

I would like to know why the designers felt the need to give them an iwin button aka tracer missile. It does way to much damage and takes no skill what so ever to play that class. I have full pvp gear and still get hit for over 4k from these attacks. This is ridiculous and some serious pvp balancing needs to come into play. I don't even want to get into the pvp lag on servers and the fact that you can be stunned endlessly without any diminishing returns it seems. The devs really need to step there game up in balancing.

Use LOS, in maps like Huttball the catwalks can be easily utilized to great effect. They're a turret class and sitting on them does wonders. Also don't use your CC breaking ability until you are CC'd and have a full resolve bar, that way resolve will do its intended purposes.

You deserve to die if you let them cast. Arsenal Mercs have low mobile dmg, no interrupts and no mobility overall.

Interrupt doesnt help you in that lagfest people call warzones and I'd trade mobility for wtfpwn button any day.

Edited by Vesperr

You deserve to die if you let them cast. Arsenal Mercs have low mobile dmg, no interrupts and no mobility overall.

LOL I love the replies from people that think it isn't faceroll. It is absolutely faceroll, and every trooper/bh here knows it. Hell I know it because I play it.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8940/screenshot2011122717273.jpg

Yes I spammed my "I win" button, and yes it was faceroll. I had to switch from com because it feels too damn easy. Rerolled to vang because they feel different at least. Still very easy, but not as easy as lolgraveshot spam.

Anyone who disagrees that this isn't faceroll is simply trying to enjoy it as long as it lasts. You take a class and give them high armor, defensive cool downs, self heals, and an ability with such a huge dmg/cast time ration you are going to have trouble. That said I don't think they should nerf over pvp. I hope they never do it.

You can't just say "well target the trooper/bh" because that gets you stocked, cryo stunned, or hell they can just pop a 25% dmg reduction and got to town blowing you away.

I wonder how many people would be o.k. if say smugglers aimed shot wasn't on a cd, or jk/sw...actually they are going to need some serious help anyway, but say a consular had the cd on their SS reduced to with it's force cost at around 10. That's pretty much what you have with troopers/bh in their current setup. Yes I have more screen shots like the one above. Breaking 200K+ damage is really easy especially once you get a few more levels. It's just a matter of spamming grave round/demo/hi and not doing much else. Someone runs at you cryo open up when they get there ss them back then open up again. It's not hard at all, and anyone should know how faceroll it is.

Edited by Tenetke

That is no reason to nerf a class because of warzones.

That is how it should read right there. I will admit they are op because I played one. Most anyone will. That said nerfing them is NOT the answer. That is what another company has done, and instead BW should look at bringing other classes that are falling behind up to the same standard. Nerfing is NOT the answer.

That is how it should read right there. I will admit they are op because I played one. Most anyone will. That said nerfing them is NOT the answer. That is what another company has done, and instead BW should look at bringing other classes that are falling behind up to the same standard. Nerfing is NOT the answer.

Nerfing is the answer.

Do you even understand how much work and time it would take to bring all the other classes to that level?

A good place to start, IMO, would be to reduce bring tracer missile/grav round dmg by 50% or more, but make the debuff last twice as long. Drop Merc/commando armor from heavy to medium.

Tenetke has been on a baddie jedi QQ tour today. You can tell hes a SW nerd who gets killed by a stormtrooper -who always misses in the movies!!!!

again a bunch of bads who try to solo warzones and click their interrupts , if they even have it one their bars

Edited by Lazzerswords

Wait i thought Inquisitors were OPed? or was it Operatives? Oh wait wasn't it Vanguards? Or wait maybe certain characters are just better at killing some characters and worse at killing others (rock>paper>scissors PvP? Has no one heard of this?)

On a related note BH get pwned by most meleers that can close range because as BH has really crappy melee escapes.

Maybe learn2 adapt? But I guess whining on the forums is much easier.

Others have already said it. Mercs gotta stand still for pretty much all their high-damage attacks, Tracer can be interrupted, Fusion especially so, both Fusion and Heat Seeker have significant cooldowns (relatively speaking), and in melee range, Mercs only have 3-4 options.

Jet Boost

Uppercut

Flamethrower

Stun Dart

Decent options, but far from OP IMO.

Playing as a Merc, it's easy to keep other BH's from using Tracer missile on me. I think the most I've ever taken is 2 in a row (and the first was probably me unawares).

Nerfing is the answer.

Do you even understand how much work and time it would take to bring all the other classes to that level?

A good place to start, IMO, would be to reduce bring tracer missile/grav round dmg by 50% or more, but make the debuff last twice as long. Drop Merc/commando armor from heavy to medium.

Dropping their armor from heavy to medium would be extremely stupid. Seriously. Use your interrupts or make them run away as they can't really cast when they're running. As a Marauder I have Force Charge, Disruption which really works wonders and Force Choke as interrupts.

Nerfing is NOT the answer.

Edited by Ardim

I would like to know why the designers felt the need to give them an iwin button aka tracer missile. It does way to much damage and takes no skill what so ever to play that class. I have full pvp gear and still get hit for over 4k from these attacks. This is ridiculous and some serious pvp balancing needs to come into play. I don't even want to get into the pvp lag on servers and the fact that you can be stunned endlessly without any diminishing returns it seems. The devs really need to step there game up in balancing.

Yet another PVP trying to nerf the PVE! Down with the oppressors!

if you don't see how constantly buffing everyone else isnt more detrimental to the game than nerfing a problem class (im not saying BH's are OP, just a general statement) then you need your eyes checked.

noone liked to get nerfed, but sometimes it has to be done.

• 3 weeks later...
Somebody got killed a little too much by Mercenaries. Why don't you try stunning them or interrupting them while they sit helplessly in one spot firing missiles? The lack mobility so it all balances out.

So, a heavy armor class with self heals is now defenseless if their faceroll skill is interrupted?

This.

Whenever I see an arsenal merc spam his tracer, I just think "lolololol". Interrupt him and watch him panic. They've got absolutely NO tricks up their sleeves. Melees should have a really easy time against ars. mercs. As a pyro merc, I just make them burn and watch them run away in terror.

And I've seen operatives crit for 5.7k, so 4k is nothing compared. And tbf, everyone with decent PVP gear crits for 3.5-4k.

Yes I spammed my "I win" button, and yes it was faceroll. I had to switch from com because it feels too damn easy. Rerolled to vang because they feel different at least. Still very easy, but not as easy as lolgraveshot spam.

Please do not post SS of LOWBIE warzones. No one cares about lowbie warzones.

Arsenal mercs are a JOKE at level 50. And what you call an "iwin" button is in fact their biggest downfall.

Edited by Mrs_Murder

You forget this game has only been officially out for less than 2 months theres bound to be loads of bugs i wouldn't be surprised if there's still patches being updated all the way into the summer. I'm a trooper and yes i know it's annoying when they do 4k damage but are you using your shields, relics and other enhancements to reduce the damage and the surroundings. Especially on hutball use the flames. IT'S AN ONLINE MMO its an internet issue get a Ethernet cable and connect directly to your hub.