Pot5 Server Merge

Chicato

I know this has probably been a thread a few times, and is up in the suggestion box.. but just reinforcing the fact Pot5 needs to be merged with another server(s).. REALLY BADLY. It's not getting any deader..

Chop chop.. this project can't be that costly or time consuming. Do something right for your game besides making sure each player gets their monkey-lizard mission turn in properly.. thanks chiefs.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Completely honest question - no sarcasm, etc. Why do I always see posts about PoT5 and how it's dead/dying? I'm on every day, my guild has a very healthy population, when I want to PvP the q pops ok (5-10 min tops), and I always see folks around. To be fair, I have never been on any other server, save the original one I was moved from, so I guess I don't have a frame of reference.

Are the other servers really that much more full than PoT5? I can see the light/moderate/heavy labels in the server screen, but despite those, I always feel like there is something to do or people to speak with.

Just curious - that's all. I love PoT5's community and have gotten used to everyone, so I wouldn't be thrilled with merging...but I can roll with the punches, so if it were to happen, I'd be ok.

Regards!

Completely honest question - no sarcasm, etc. Why do I always see posts about PoT5 and how it's dead/dying? I'm on every day, my guild has a very healthy population, when I want to PvP the q pops ok (5-10 min tops), and I always see folks around. To be fair, I have never been on any other server, save the original one I was moved from, so I guess I don't have a frame of reference.

Are the other servers really that much more full than PoT5? I can see the light/moderate/heavy labels in the server screen, but despite those, I always feel like there is something to do or people to speak with.

Just curious - that's all. I love PoT5's community and have gotten used to everyone, so I wouldn't be thrilled with merging...but I can roll with the punches, so if it were to happen, I'd be ok.

Regards!

Pot5 has been declining and it seems to have escalated since 3.0. I don't think it's anywhere close to dead though.

I've been playing a bit on Harbinger which is considered the most populated server, and I'd guesstimate their population is 4x what Pot5 has.

i say its dieing bc ive watched it die.... it was pretty strong about 1 month before 3.0. its been declineing fast ever since. i normaly get on around 4 or 5 pm. Pub side is lucky to have 50-60 on fleet at that time. when before 3.0 there would be 90-100. q pops for ranked sometimes never come. other nights it pops back to back for only a couple hours. Either way the population is way down. Most have transferd to more popular servers. More are moving each week. i know of another guild thats moving soon. Sad the pvp east coast is dieing. i dont want to have latency issues on a west coast server.

Its a dead horse I have been playing since pre-launch non stop! the server is DEAD..Que times for ranked never happens regs que times have slowed a lot and only one instances rolling @ peak time.. Edited by C-rom

Yeah peak time imp fleet is 90 - 120 players

Pub fleet is 50 -70 players...

pretty sure that constitutes as dead.

yep...sub 60 players on pub side right now on a f***ing saturday. bioware, do something about this ASAP. it's a complete joke.

i say its dieing bc ive watched it die.... it was pretty strong about 1 month before 3.0. its been declineing fast ever since. i normaly get on around 4 or 5 pm. Pub side is lucky to have 50-60 on fleet at that time. when before 3.0 there would be 90-100. q pops for ranked sometimes never come. other nights it pops back to back for only a couple hours. Either way the population is way down. Most have transferd to more popular servers. More are moving each week. i know of another guild thats moving soon. Sad the pvp east coast is dieing. i dont want to have latency issues on a west coast server.

strong pre-3.0? hell no, it's been in decline for a year now. it's just REALLY dead now and BW mentions nothing about it. this should have been in their Red Alert category a year ago. it spiked for about 3 weeks after 3.0 and then the bottom fell out.

had to roll 8 imp toons to even play the game anymore without waiting for 10,000 years to do anything and it's still slow on imp side.

wasting time and money gets old fast BW

• 2 weeks later...
If you want to be a stickler about it.. I guess it's not completely dead.. metaphorically it just has terminal cancer, on life support with the palpitating heart of a sick 3-legged dog. But it's not dead.. 100 people during peak is most DEFINITELY not dead. Fagbag *** backpatters.

I don't agree with all of this, but I will say the population was MUCH higher right before SoR. The week SoR came out was even better, but A LOT of things happened after that which killed your casual population. Which mind you makes up most of the player base. Just from my side of things...it used to take 15-20min to set up a PUG raid....it takes about 30min to an hour now especially if you're wanting to run the new more difficult raids.

-

• Low Res PCs have a really hard time handling the new raids -- AOE mechanics.
  • I've seen people who were good players normally on SM not be able to produce in ToS & RaV. The new raids are just waaaaay too hard for casual raiding on SM.
  • There is A LOT of lag now, or at least more than I've ever noticed in the past.

Server is dying fast; especially pub side.

We've lost 1 guild already (Pax) & are losing another (Prophecy of the Force)...very few guilds around with anyone in them.

All you get in Pub fleet chat is dang credit spammers! Heck it was even quiet on Imp side tonight. Seems it's lesser & lesser people there too.

We NEED a server merge ASAP!!!!

What do we need to do to get BW's attention about this??

Is the game dying or is it just Pot5 ?

It's just Pot5.

Go to all the other servers & you will see. I mean look at peak times on server selection. Everyone is standard or heavy & Pot5 is light.

People are transferring off of Pot5 like it's going out of style.

Pub side Pot5 is dead. Imp side isn't far behind. Two medium sized pub guilds I have been in have transferred to Harbinger in the last few months. I play SWTOR less and less so it doesn't effect me as much, but it sure is getting lonely out there being one of the few pubs still around. Edited by MotorCityMan

Ya pub side is pretty much non existent at this point. I think Prophecy of the Force was the only actual true pub side guild left doing hm op progression. The time to close the doors on pot5 is long overdue.

Rebel Alliance was doing HM OP Progression too, but they aren't anymore now either.

I really wish they'd do a server merge! I have 10-12 toons there, and I can't afford to transfer them all off, and I'd rather them be on a server where they get played. I can level toons fast with 12xp but the crew skills don't level as fast! lol

Good thing you know what they are talking about. Altos been clearing content (not always full clears)since TFB/SV. We were really solid during DF/DP NiM and have been 7/10 since late Feb/ early March for Rav/TOS. We have struggled on MB though, although we are getting very close. Just need to get into the burn phase clean and well down it.

One of the biggest issues is that most of these guilds have a core and its members are strongly tied to that core. They want to recruit new players but none are to be had. No one wants to give up their guild and join other peoples guilds. Their solutions were to hop servers rather than be absorbed by another guild.

We have talked about going Imperial side on several occasions but we are committed to pub side as long as we are clearing content at a pace efficient for the number of raid hours (4.5) we put in each week.

Ya pub side is pretty much non existent at this point. I think Prophecy of the Force was the only actual true pub side guild left doing hm op progression. The time to close the doors on pot5 is long overdue.
Edited by ReyCielo

Altos been clearing content...

We have talked about going Imperial side on several occasions but we are committed to pub side as long as we are clearing content at a pace efficient for the number of raid hours (4.5) we put in each week.

Who/what guild is Altos?! :eek:

Imp side is dying just as bad mate. It's getting quieter & quieter over there now. :(