List of Super Rare items on the Cartel Market

Mikro

OMG I hate that poorly constructed site! How useless! Did you people ever hear of a frigging screenshot? I could care less how friggin rare it is if I don't know if it looks like crap or not. Gee, thanks.

Seriously

i thought it was datamined, so in other words they just found it in the code, i am pretty sure it is in the game but just out of hands, unless they can emulate a server and create things as GM, how will they get Screenshots?(before we can get it in game of course)

Edited by Sohaim

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revan's Mask isn't in the Shop

Identical Colour Revan's Robes aren't in the Shop (the Shop ones are red, his are not)

As an Inquisitor I've been running around with light-blue Revan robes for months, so a Red version is merely something for my Pubs/Medium/Heavy characters.

If they want to include this stuff, fine. However, I really think the entire community, previous subscribers, returning subscribers etc... needs to push to ensure every single one of these items is available through another (reasonable) method in-game, for subscribers. Drop from Flashpoints and Operations, Crafted, Quested, purchased for in-game Credits (directly, not dependent on someone taking it to auction) etc...

It is completely insane for those subscribed and paying a monthly fee to have to pay on top of that for a chance at these items. That is exactly what everyone was so afraid of with SWTOR going F2P; Subscribers, who used to get access to the entire assortment of in-game content for the price of their subscription, now get less for their same investment. Its bad enough that, when one of the key criticisms that led to people leaving SWTOR was cut corners and lack of frequent updates with new content, that dev time is going to creating items that are gated behind yet another paywall even after one has subscribed, but it is even worse if many of these are only available through a ridiculous lottery system where you're paying just to have a slim chance at them!

Its all well good if these items are to be sold to those on the Free plans, but for Subscribers? Unacceptable.

If they want to include this stuff, fine. However, I really think the entire community, previous subscribers, returning subscribers etc... needs to push to ensure every single one of these items is available through another (reasonable) method in-game, for subscribers. Drop from Flashpoints and Operations, Crafted, Quested, purchased for in-game Credits (directly, not dependent on someone taking it to auction) etc...

It is completely insane for those subscribed and paying a monthly fee to have to pay on top of that for a chance at these items.

Subscribers get at least 500 coins/mo (more apparently with multi-month subs), which is at least 1 pack/mo. So you don't have to pay on top of your subscription for a chance at these. You get a chance automatically. (or can spend the coins on something worthwhile)

Do this means that subscribers have to pay CC to get access to more story?

If that so I really don't like that idea. Subscribers should get access to all areas (we pay $15 every month). I know you just could use our monthly CC to buy this but then you have to buy CC to get other items....

That said I really like all the cool stuff on the Cartel Market, I really want that Revans chest piece for my female jedi sentinel and some lime green crfystals :D

Subscribers get at least 500 coins/mo (more apparently with multi-month subs), which is at least 1 pack/mo. So you don't have to pay on top of your subscription for a chance at these. You get a chance automatically. (or can spend the coins on something worthwhile)

1 chance per month for free is a paltry assortment of table-scraps at best. Hell, I'd be in favor of giving all the free-to-play users 500 Cartel Coins per month so they can get one chance for free - there's not even a guarantee that one of these Super Rares is going to be in each 320 Coin pack! Subscribers should have another way to attain all these items, based on reasonable gameworld dynamics. Want to charge a bunch of credits? Fine. Want to have them drop from Flashpoints and Operations (at a reasonable rate)? Great. However, I don't feel this is fair for subscribers for reasons I've gone over before and I think the entire remaining Subscriber base needs to make this clear - we shouldn't have to deal with content behind an additional paywall after we've subscribed.

I get they want subscribers to have something to "pay for" atop their subscriptions - I disagree with it, but I get it. Fine, let "Faster" be sold, but let all content be open to those who have subscriptions. Put boosters up there that allow you to gain experience or currency faster, let there be items that "unlock" certain things, or allow you to say, choose loot from a given Operation boss kill instead of being limited to the RNG etc... Some items on the Cartel shop are like this already, and I don't have a problem with that. Provided of course, that game systems are not designed to be so tedious that you feel it is almost necessary to buy these "boosters". Just don't put any content, cosmetic or otherwise, on there exclusively!

Subscription should give access to all in-game content, accessible through reasonable, fun, in-game means. For those who want things faster than that or right now, sell a variety of "boosters". This is fair for everyone involved, encourages subscription, increases value, ensures people are having fun and thus makes them more likely to buy Boosters/convenience items!

1 chance per month for free is a paltry assortment of table-scraps at best. Hell, I'd be in favor of giving all the free-to-play users 500 Cartel Coins per month so they can get one chance for free - there's not even a guarantee that one of these Super Rares is going to be in each 320 Coin pack! Subscribers should have another way to attain all these items, based on reasonable gameworld dynamics. Want to charge a bunch of credits? Fine. Want to have them drop from Flashpoints and Operations (at a reasonable rate)? Great. However, I don't feel this is fair for subscribers for reasons I've gone over before and I think the entire remaining Subscriber base needs to make this clear - we shouldn't have to deal with content behind an additional paywall after we've subscribed.

I get they want subscribers to have something to "pay for" atop their subscriptions - I disagree with it, but I get it. Fine, let "Faster" be sold, but let all content be open to those who have subscriptions. Put boosters up there that allow you to gain experience or currency faster, let there be items that "unlock" certain things, or allow you to say, choose loot from a given Operation boss kill instead of being limited to the RNG etc... Some items on the Cartel shop are like this already, and I don't have a problem with that. Provided of course, that game systems are not designed to be so tedious that you feel it is almost necessary to buy these "boosters". Just don't put any content, cosmetic or otherwise, on there exclusively!

Subscription should give access to all in-game content, accessible through reasonable, fun, in-game means. For those who want things faster than that or right now, sell a variety of "boosters". This is fair for everyone involved, encourages subscription, increases value, ensures people are having fun and thus makes them more likely to buy Boosters/convenience items!

There's way too much 'logic' in your post for it to ever be considered... :D

First of all, hooray! Gizkas! I shall name mine nibbles. :)

Second of all, cool! Republic hover chairs! It is ony fair us Jedi get a floating seat.:p

Third of all, NO! There can not be revan's robes! As a Revan fanboy, I would rather do some long and hard for that. Even if its just something like a 1% drop rate from Kiltan/Revan bosses. ANYTHING but the cartel packs. I will not lead the hutt cartel get their hands on Revan's armor!

And on a side note, this cartel stuff brings me back to my original theory, the chevin event was a prequel to the cartel store. Then it turned out to be prequel to TFB. Still, a good theory.

There's way too much 'logic' in your post for it to ever be considered... :D

It's actually not logical. The cartel shop is a revenue generator. Period. No amount of QQ can or should change that. They need the revenue from that to fund this game. As a subscriber you get the right to play and if you want a shiny bobble you have options like the GTN, your free coin allotment, or your own wallet.

You have to pay if you want this game to survive. And no, $15 per month will not get you all of the cosmetic options. If you want something badly enough you'll buy it and we'll continue to get the content the game needs.

Edited by Tim-ONeil

Paying for almost a year now should get me at least one hood-down Jedi robe(hood toggle function was promised for this year). I get it that they need random packs for making money but to put the only hood-down Jedi robe exclusively into cartel packs is just a lame move!

http://www.swtor-spy.com/item-single/Conservators_Upper_Body_Armor/21096/

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

oh, not revans mask, i was hoping to get that on a ops or some awesome quest and not in the damn gamblimg packs, that just sucks so bad that all of this could have some awesome quest tied to it, and now its going to the cartel market and later to the gtn for over 20m.

Agreed.

But in general, I think that everything in the Cartel Shop should be obtainable via regular game-play. I think that as long as I am subscriping, nothing in the game should be unavailable to me as long as I am willing to put in gamplay-time to obtain it.

Agreed.

But in general, I think that everything in the Cartel Shop should be obtainable via regular game-play. I think that as long as I am subscriping, nothing in the game should be unavailable to me as long as I am willing to put in gamplay-time to obtain it.

Buy it off the GTN. You put in the time to get the credits and you will make me rich when I sell these items. Looks like Bioware already satisfied this complaint.

Buy it off the GTN. You put in the time to get the credits and you will make me rich when I sell these items. Looks like Bioware already satisfied this complaint.

The availability and willingness of player to sell the cool stuff was never tested on pts...

Some lad reported that it took him 20 cartel packs to get a white crystal. Still thinking you'll be just able to go and buy it off the gtn?

The availability and willingness of player to sell the cool stuff was never tested on pts...

Some lad reported that it took him 20 cartel packs to get a white crystal. Still thinking you'll be just able to go and buy it off the gtn?

Absolutely. Myself I bought the one outfit I wanted and put the rest into the packs. I ended up with 4 different purple/pink crystals after buying maybe 10-15 packs.

People like myself that do not have credits in game because they never focused on the dailies or change servers often are more than willing to sell the stuff we don't want. I have no interest in the Mask of Nilius either so that will bring me enough that I'll never have to run the dailies again should I find it in a pack.

Believe me, if you want it, it will be be available. Now how reasonable the prices will be is another story.

I am not worried about the prices. I am worried about the availability... And those numbers are just scarying the hell out of me. I really want to get my hands on Revan's armor quickly and on the Jedi robe with a hood-down even quicker. It's ridiculous that the only hood-down robe will be a cartel pack drop and I'll have to camp for someone that gets it and then beg him to sell it. Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I just wanted to let everyone know that I published a new tool for SWTOR F2P launch - Cartel Market Web Calculator. It is a list of all the items available on the cartel market on PTS right now (separated by categories) that you can choose from and add stuff to your wishlist. This calculates the total of your purchase in both Cartel Coins and USD (estimated based on lowest and highest price per coin). I will be making a new thread about this tool, but I wanted to make people in this thread aware of this tool as well, because it is rather connected to the topic of this thread.

Link:

http://www.swtor-spy.com/guides/swtor-cartel-market-calculator/2769/

Yeah, great stuff. And thanks for all the finds in the database!

I wanted to do something for the community with the F2P launch. Being a programmer it felt natural to figure out and create some tools :)

Edited by Mikro

It's actually not logical. The cartel shop is a revenue generator. Period. No amount of QQ can or should change that. They need the revenue from that to fund this game. As a subscriber you get the right to play and if you want a shiny bobble you have options like the GTN, your free coin allotment, or your own wallet.

You have to pay if you want this game to survive. And no, $15 per month will not get you all of the cosmetic options. If you want something badly enough you'll buy it and we'll continue to get the content the game needs.

Exactly. This isn't a charity. This is in specifically to make money. Selling these things individually will make this entire conversion meaningless. Would that be sweet for the buyer, sure. It would not benefit the company/game for very long. The fact that you subscribe entitles you to access to the game, without the restrictions placed on the FTP players. They have decided that you are also entitled to an allotment of Cartel coins to be used how you see fit on any of the optional fripperies. Nothing more, nothing less.

It is completely insane for those subscribed and paying a monthly fee to have to pay on top of that for a chance at these items. That is exactly what everyone was so afraid of with SWTOR going F2P; Subscribers, who used to get access to the entire assortment of in-game content for the price of their subscription, now get less for their same investment. Its bad enough that, when one of the key criticisms that led to people leaving SWTOR was cut corners and lack of frequent updates with new content, that dev time is going to creating items that are gated behind yet another paywall even after one has subscribed, but it is even worse if many of these are only available through a ridiculous lottery system where you're paying just to have a slim chance at them!

Its all well good if these items are to be sold to those on the Free plans, but for Subscribers? Unacceptable.

Most of the rare and super-rare items really are fluff. If one or two items are that important to you, buy them off the GTN for credits if you don't want to use real currency. You don't need a Sith Meditation Throne to enjoy SWTOR, or any number of other things that they are putting into packs. I personally think the throne mounts look ridiculous and have no place in a Star Wars setting. They cheapen the game, and introduce a slippery slope for what is acceptable to add into SWTOR next for quick dollars.

The most useful things in the store for subscribers are being sold directly, including items like boosts and adaptable armor sets. Yes, I'm sure there will be some nice items in the packs, but how many Revans do you want running around the fleet? Do you want to be one of them? I knew there was a society for Revanites, I didn't realize they all had to dress the same.

This likely keeps SWTOR going. Your subscription wouldn't be worth much if EA shut down the servers, or really put them on maintenance mode, next year.

As long as you play the game for what it is, instead of focusing on needing every, in some cases really stupid, item BioWare will now introduce into the game, you are getting everything for your subscription.

Edited by arunav

The only item's I plan on keeping are A) The Tythonian Force-Master's Lightsaber and B) Revan's Mask - which isn't in the market yet:(

I'll probably use the xp buffs for alts if I can't sell them, but I should be able to find a buyer for the pets, speeders, gear and balls/emotes/toys.