Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vengence jugg or Carnage Maruader?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Vengence jugg or Carnage Maruader?

Omophorus
02.14.2013 , 02:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by yotasatheart View Post
i suddently have lost my will to level my jugg from 32-50 considering carnage and vengence have the same job, and do it in a VERY similar fashion, but marauder has much better defensive CDs, more defensive CDs, more group and personal utility, and FAR more damage output in a quicker time span.

im basically looking for someone to explain or convince to me why with the above mentioned a veng jugg could/would perform its job better than a carnage maruauder
From a DPS perspective, Juggy is solidly middle of the pack. Marauder is top 2, by a large margin, along with Pyro PT.

If you're looking to fill a DPS role as a Sith Warrior, there are virtually no compelling reasons to choose a Juggy over a Marauder for PVE. The most compelling is that the person playing Juggy A is a better player than the person playing Marauder B. If it's the same person at the wheel of either class, Marauder simply does more damage, has better utility, and is the better choice.

The above is purely from a mechanics standpoint. Pyro PT and Marauder are simply in the healthiest place from a DPS perspective, and there's no getting around that fact. I'd even give the nod to PT over Marauder because it is so shockingly *easy* to do good DPS.

The most compelling reason to play a Juggy is if you want to be able to DPS or tank as required. Alternately, the subjective reasons, like "fun" or "anti-FOTM" are reasons to consider Juggy, but I don't put much stock in either. Marauder is really fun to play (moreso than Juggy for me, anyway), and I don't think the current state of class balance should in any way influence what you want to level. If it happens to be FOTM, so be it. If it happens to be a lame duck, so be it.
Srs'bsns, GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk
5/5 Nightmare Power DF & DP
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"

rob_y
02.14.2013 , 02:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by yotasatheart View Post
yeah taunts and guard is nice, but im not gonna lie, i cant stand to tank in pvp lol. i pvp to melt somebody elses face, or laugh as i heal someone that they are trying to melt. i do not pvp tank lol. so from that standpoint, for purely damage, there is zero incentive to roll veng jugg over carnage mara lol
If we're talking PvP, have you considered playing your jug as a smasher? By the time smash is nerfed, the expansion will be here, so everything will be different then anyway (and you may like what they do for Vengeance more than what they do for Carnage).
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

yotasatheart
02.14.2013 , 04:07 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
If we're talking PvP, have you considered playing your jug as a smasher? By the time smash is nerfed, the expansion will be here, so everything will be different then anyway (and you may like what they do for Vengeance more than what they do for Carnage).
This is a real possibility, ill give you that. and no i havent even considered smash because i refuse to play a one trick pony lol.

i would love to see vengence get some love. i really really would. i understand the lack of utility they possess as i obviously already have a50 carnage marauder, id be perfectly happy with my jug if they made them at least be within 5-10% of a marauders damage between veng and carn. as it stands though, this is not the case =/
----------------------------------
Origional fatman pvper
Vedubb- 50 WH Pyro PT
Chrissy- 50 (gearing up) Carnage Mara