Can not board the escape pods in "Some People Just Need Killing" for the BH mainstory

justJoekingg

In the mission "some people just need killing", the description of my current step is to "use and escape pod to rendezvous with the tyrant". I can not progress the mission any further. The escape pods it is asking me to use were previously sabotaged in the mission, and are therefore not able to be interacted with at all. There is a security terminal in the next room over, and im concerned that the game let me use it too early when I wasn't supposed to.

I interfaced with it, and nothing happened. I attempted to do so again and it worked, and the terminal exploded. From then on i proceeded on the mission as usual, met with the grand chancellor, and agreed to kill the sith lord aboard the Tyrant. I am at the part now where i have to LEAVE the ship to get to the tyrant via an escape pod, but as i've explained the game isn't letting me.

I've tried looking online and can not find an example of this happening to anyone else.

I'm on shadowlands server if it matters.

I am also stuck looking for the escape pod on my bounty hunter. The game pointed me to the escape pods to destroy prior to meeting the chancellor. I clicked on the pods at that time and they were destroyed. I spared the chancellor and need to use an escape pod - which do not respond. I did find the terminal in the other room after the chancellor and was able to click on it also. The game needs to point to the terminal instead of the pods prior to meeting the chancellor. How do I go back to the Tyrant now that the pods are destroyed?

I was able to run back to the air lock where I entered the ship and fly to the Tyrant. The quest updated to talk to Darth Torman.

Edited by bunnymac

I honestly don't know if this will still work, as when I tried it, it was well before even 4.0... but what happened to me on this quest was that I got logged out due to inactivity. I had to be away from the computer for a bit, it wasn't a random bug. When I got back and logged back in, the quest had changed from "Board the escape pods" or whatnot, to something along the lines of, simply, "Travel to the Tyrant."

I was able to use my ship to head to the Tyrant and complete the story from there. Try going back to the airlock on Janarus's flagship - where you first boarded it - and use your ship to travel to the Tyrant? Perhaps that might work...?

(Edit: Ah - seems you found it out. :D You edited your post about thirty seconds before I posted mine. XD Yay, it still works!)

Edited by Jagaimee

• 1 month later...
I had the same problem but I read your posts and then I ran back to the ship, I arrived in and there was a security door that opened at the front of the ship which lead to a hanger door which put me back on my ship

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Really good thing about this latest patch. open galaxy map and travel to the tyrant.

I confirm this works. I had to leave the mission map to see the Tyrant on the Galaxy Map. A quick trip to my stronghold was all it took, then a free trip to the Tyrant to continue the quest. Thanks for the tip.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem and similar to above, I used the personal starship priority transport. Porting back to my ship advanced the quest to the next stage, Speak to Darth Tormen.

Edit: This caused my quest marker to not appear correctly while I was onboard the Tyrant--it looked like it was off the map screen. I explored the ship and finally found him in the small room on the northwest of the map at (-124, -373).
Edited by Shaylindra

• 4 weeks later...
I logged out because I thought I was lagging, and when I logged in it seemed as if I'd bypassed the escape pods, but when I went to the Tyrant, Tormen wasn't there and his marker put him off the map. Just about gave up ever completing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all! Ok, here's problem resolve: if you spared chancellor and got new task - "use escape pod" ( which you previously sabotaged) just use quick travel to your ship, then you'll get " meet with Torman" , when you arrive on Tyront you can see, that mission icon somewhere in the Unknown Regions, ignore it and go to this location:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UuOVjP7tjSrgBiDtHsePveBKd8rqWaZT

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LG_YMNn6OUJJF2QtXAl3WnvW5AZItvse

As you can see, he awaits you there :)

Found that answer on some EA forum and checked it. It' s working :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 19 July 2018, I have experienced, as many players before have as well, the unfortunate glitch preventing me from entering the lifepods in the mission: "Some People just need killing" :confused: Edited by Greenlyon
Realized I did not fully ansdwer

On 19 July 2018, I have experienced, as many players before have as well, the unfortunate glitch preventing me from entering the lifepods in the mission: "Some People just need killing" :confused:

A glitch in the original class story might never be fixed as the coding might mess up something else so just use the Galaxy map to travel like everyone else did.

• 1 month later...

sad that this bug still excist.

I am back on the tyrant but Tormen is not in an accessible area on the tyrant.

Edit: found him, thanks Sir_Hamster_jedi

It still confuses me that in the core experience (story) of thise game, bioware allows bugs to exist for over a year.

Edited by CarlGustaf