People playing PVP still don't understand killing healers is PRIORITY

Royox

Really people, I'm tired. Every WZ I manage to mark all the healers of the other team and I'm tired of seeing that almost nobody gives a f*ck. Even if I write in the ops chat "kill the healer marked" nobody does nothing....people still tryes to kill other targets that ARE BEING HEALED instead of healers.

If this is the way I should play pug WZ's I will start doing the same...not giving a f*ck about healers and objectives. It seems is the only way people plays this game.

this ^

Depends on if the healer has a support network backing him up. I have a couple good groups that ask me to run with them when I hop online, they give me guard, and peels, and I give them mad heals. Attacking me usually ends with you beating your head against a wall while my dps take out your team. So in cases like this, you're probably ****ed, and it's better to assign someone to continually harass and interrupt (sins and veng juggs work well for this imo), not so much trying to kill.

Now it's a random healtard and he's working alone, better to blow him up. :)

Being able to focus a single target is enough. A healer won't be able to keep up a DPS or tank being focused by more than half of the team.

Then again, if you're focusing a healer that knows how to distract you, you could be led away from the objectives while the opposition caps.

My own frustration comes from everyone focusing different targets while the healer free casts, comfortably being able to keep topping his / her team mates up

My healer would disagree with you. ;) I tend to be target one as soon as anyone realizes I'm a healer. (Which is why I think target markers should not persist when you die. At least make people pay attention and remark.) This is why I seldom play my healer in PVP anymore even though he has double the play time of any of my other characters.

I think the biggest problems occur when there are multiple healers and no one establishes a kill order or calls out target switches. When people rage about a lack of focus fire on healers what they're usually mad about is the lack of focus fire on the healer they're targeting. In general, the less you leave open to interpretation the better off you'll be.

Going for the healers first isn't always the best way.

Yep watching players hitting a dps or tank while they get healed to full every time is the right way. With some healers you can not afford to hit any one but the healer. I seen people do just what you state above and kill no one then rage.

Edited by Neoforcer

Really people, I'm tired. Every WZ I manage to mark all the healers of the other team and I'm tired of seeing that almost nobody gives a f*ck. Even if I write in the ops chat "kill the healer marked" nobody does nothing....people still tryes to kill other targets that ARE BEING HEALED instead of healers.

If this is the way I should play pug WZ's I will start doing the same...not giving a f*ck about healers and objectives. It seems is the only way people plays this game.

There are some elite players out there that think trying to kill the sage dps is easier then killing the healers. I seen player do this then nerd rage why the person is not dieing. Well let see the healer that worth his weight in gold in a warzone is able to heal your damage on that dps no mater how much dps you put out.

Then they elite player tries it the right way of kills the healer and then guess what We kill there hole team go figure. There are healer in PVP that you remember as being really good at there class.

I think the biggest problems occur when there are multiple healers and no one establishes a kill order or calls out target switches. When people rage about a lack of focus fire on healers what they're usually mad about is the lack of focus fire on the healer they're targeting. In general, the less you leave open to interpretation the better off you'll be.

This. When the enemy team has 2, 3 or even more healers, it seems that usually every dps picks their favourite healer and runs after that one, and then gets annoyed when other people aren't focusing down the same healer as they are.

Tbh, even I'm not actually sure which one should be killed first. I'd reason that it's best to kill the weakest healer first, so that one isn't healing the stronger ones, making them a little easier to kill. But in the other hand, if we get the strongest healer down, the weaker ones are usually easy to take down, since the strong healer isn't healing them.

Anyone feel like sharing their wisdom concerning this? ^^

Yep watching players hitting a dps or tank while they get healed to full every time is the right way. With some healers you can not afford to hit any one but the healer. I seen people do just what you state above and kill no one then rage.

*sigh*

Of course you have to do it right. But if you do, going for the healer is far from always the best way to go.

Whoever the healer is, does not matter. Only the class.

True. But 90% of times it is.

More like 50-60.

Edited by Evolixe

Going for the healers first isn't always the best way.

Precisely. Another approach is CC healers and attack DPS in order to relieve pressure off your healer. Doing this will eliminate pressure and force pressure on the other healers, setting them behind. If your DPS is good enough once behind it makes it very difficult to catch up.

Assuming a normal setup it may not be optimal to focus the healer. Especially if it's an op guarded by a jugg tank or similar scenario, you usually have to at least get rid of the guard before you can kill him, either by making him switch to another guard or by separating them.

You also need to have the right comp on YOUR team. If you've got 2 sniper/Mara permadeeps then you can rotate that healing debuff and with persistence and skill you may get him. It all depends on the scenario IMO.

Now if it's 3 dps and a merc healer then yes, go after that guy immediately and do not switch off him until he's dead.

Edited by JP_Legatus

The problem with going for the healer is that your team will have to endure a ton of damage as well. But if you go for the dps, they won't take nearly as much damage. Because those dps players are going to be busier surviving.

You do have to keep some form of control on the healer though, but yeah.. that speaks for itself.

L2DamageFarm

every ranked I play where the team focuses the healer is a win for me, the only win I ever got otherwise was when the healer of the imp team decided to leave, followed by his tank guard a minute later. Every match I have played where the healer of the other team was untouched by my team was a loss. They hit one of the people benefitting from the heals instead of hitting the source, excuse is " its stupid to go after the guy with the instant heals and escapes" ever heard of stun? besides those guys are not immortal like everyone thinks, When you kill the healer in ranked even if he is guarded you win, people see guard as a deterrent, just some carefully calculated stuns and interrupts makes the scoundrel or operative die, and without him or her healing the enemy team is left with only medpacs, and to all of you who will likely try to poke holes in that or say I am lying, I am working on posting pictures of my wins with scoundrel/operative healers on the losing team to prove that yes, good dps from a team along with smart stuns and interrupts can take out an operative/scoundrel healer, as it is I have had 7 out of 15 wins and almost all of those wins were with operative/scoundrel heals in them ( was fun had some guys who I kept getting yesterday who were very good at dps, they took them out before the enemy team got me allowing me to heal my team longer and be of more use, to the point I got a lot of MVP votes.