Color Blind Issues

xXtruenoobXx

I have monochromacy. People with monochromatic vision can see no color at all and their world consists of different shades of grey ranging from black to white, rather like only seeing the world on an old black and white television set.

Most of the colors I have had a great raid group to get me through the "operation 9" moments. The new boss Colossal Monolith is very difficult the yellow/orange with the green are so similar i have to delay grabbing a color. (I'm a tank)

Please can we address this.. I know there are a lot of players out there that have a version of Red/Green (Protanopia or Deuteranopes) and also suffer the same issues i do while raiding. A lot of games have a button to click for color blind people taht makes colors change to look something very noticeably different even as far as a shape would be amazing instead of a color. I.E. the 4 colors instead of yellow green red purple :hope_01::tran_evil::sy_havoc::csw_crawler: shape and color helps just make it clear please. We are all begging you

I saw this post in there that is also why I put the post here as well so hopefully it gets a little more attention.

They apparently look at the suggestion box so I'm not sure what else you can do that would be effective, maybe try PM'ing one of the devs on the forums or something :rak_02:

They apparently look at the suggestion box so I'm not sure what else you can do that would be effective, maybe try PM'ing one of the devs on the forums or something :rak_02:

I wasn't cutting at bioware or any one with taht comment I just know there are times that not everyone looks thru the suggestions vs. "General"

As a general rule, the gaming industry is 5-10 years behind the rest of the tech world in regards to accessibility.

As someone who is legally blind (and red/green colour blind as well) as well as someone who really enjoys video games, I find this fact terribly annoying. Considering that people with colour issues in the western world make up a good 10% of the population, it is surprising that these companies don't put more effort into it.

Yeah this is something the devs should consider addressing. If you've got problems with colors I understand how some mechanics can be more difficult for you to follow, and that can be an extra burden on members of your raid group. Please get on this devs.

I have monochromacy. People with monochromatic vision can see no color at all and their world consists of different shades of grey ranging from black to white, rather like only seeing the world on an old black and white television set.

Most of the colors I have had a great raid group to get me through the "operation 9" moments. The new boss Colossal Monolith is very difficult the yellow/orange with the green are so similar i have to delay grabbing a color. (I'm a tank)

Please can we address this.. I know there are a lot of players out there that have a version of Red/Green (Protanopia or Deuteranopes) and also suffer the same issues i do while raiding. A lot of games have a button to click for color blind people taht makes colors change to look something very noticeably different even as far as a shape would be amazing instead of a color. I.E. the 4 colors instead of yellow green red purple :hope_01::tran_evil::sy_havoc::csw_crawler: shape and color helps just make it clear please. We are all begging you

I am in the same boat. I have tried Op iX in NiM, and I get yelled at because I was always in the wrong color during the final phase and dying (I cant tell the difference between the Orange and Yellow or the Blue and Purple so no matter what color I'm put on, I'm screwed). For SM and somewhat in HM its not a huge issue as the mechanic wont kill you if you run into the wrong colors, but I cannot progress past the boss in NiM. I havent had any real issues with the CM yet, but mainly because the groups I've run it with just dont have me worry about a color and they have other people get it but I know I would struggle with the colors there as well.

Have you tried using SweetFX and a daltonize shader? I know people have gotten SweetFX to work with SWTOR in the past although I couldn't find anything recent. I thought I saw a shader for ESO a while back but I don't know why it wouldn't work for any game. Worth checking out, at the very least, as I'm not sure how likely it would be for Bioware to introduce their own feature.

I would think that, given the likely small percentage of color blind SWTOR players, and the relatively few resources available to make any such change, that you are SoL. :confused:

The fact that it has no colorblind mode probably has something to do with why so many colorblind people simply don't bother.