If you believe concealment is the worst!!

OrderOfVirtue

Arsenal mercs have it worse. And probably pyro mercs. But we're definitely near the bottom of the totem pole.

If you mean in PVP, perhaps...but Mercs have it much better in PVE than dps Operatives do.

Edited by chuixupu

Nerfing Marauders would solve most of the games problems it seems.

Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

I happend across that last week while researching something for work.

Its the Pareto Principle, or the 80/20 rule.

Basically, as it pertains to this game, if BioWare addressed 20% of the issues currently being voiced by PvPers (i.e. marauders, PTs, bubble stun, everything else you know is still broken and wonder why it hasn't been fixed) it would improve roughly 80% of the overall experience in PvP.

Tone down some of the damage these classes are capable of (8k smashes on 1300+ expertise? yeah that's necessary) and maybe you retain the people you are trying so desperately to get money from.

I am amazed at how long they allow these classes to go unbalanced for, seeing as how it was a "top priority and must be done overnight" kind of thing to nerf the crap out of concealment Ops or else their subscriptions would go south.

Why is that logic same missing from smashers and pyrotechs? I know why, because they have a larger playerbase and they need to be catered to.

Edited by randiesel

Yeah my mind went straight to pvp. You're right that when it comes to pve dps ops have it the worst.

Think about it, its simple. BW simply has no idea what they're doing with concealment Ops. They can't address the stuns, that'll give us no edge in pvp since we have next to no defense. They can't increase our damage, because that'll make us too fast with burst damage and would cause an outcry from other classes, who's playerbase is much larger than our own and would have a much larger impact.

So we are pushed into this corner where Concealment is basically viable in a lowbie 1-49 bracket, and then Medic is the way to go at 50 because you'll actually survive and you'll have a spot in ranked matches. Lowbie doesn't mean anything and that's what people find out when they hit 50: the skill curve is too steep to play Concealment, and also the patience with all the dying you'll do even with WH gear, so they either reroll or respec Medic.

I know several good Ops who simply rerolled Shadows or Assassins simply because they don't spend half of their time waiting for those annoying "clocks" on the doors to wind down and let them back out, only to be focused and die again and repeat the whole thing over again. They have more survivability, can pull off higher burst damage and actually have good aoe abilities, depending on the spec (hybrid or madness).

I don't know why they don't just give them more survivability? More damage avoidance maybe? After all regret are supposed to evade enemies so not to much of a stretch to make them harder to hit. Might make people take more accuracy and less power to deal with them...

After all this time and I see some issues have not yet been looked at...Shame this is a fun class. Tweaks are badly needed for this AC.

I wonder if BW really is afraid of subscribers unsubbing anymore...when there is something worse on the horizon than the poor operative haha.

I am in a guild that has cleared all PvE content. I am able to keep up with most other classes on most fights where making a comparison is reasonable.

I mostly heal, so my dps gear is not as good as other dps in the raid makeup. All in all if you know how to play the class, it is more than viable in PvE. That being said there is some fine tuning we could use.

http://www.torparse.com/a/74416