So everysingle class is saying: OMG 1.2 Will kill (insert all classes here)

Shaunik

So if the patch is changing every class doesnt that mean it will be balanced...

Well what people typically do is take patchnotes and apply their changes to the current situation, then reach a conclusion.

However with 1.2 making significant changes to almost every class, you cannot comment on relative performance without taking ALL the changes into consideration.

So for example, many classes and specs are getting nerfed with 1.2, including Focus/Rage Juggers, Scoundrels/Operatives, Sages/Sorcerers and a few more.

The only ones who really ended up with a buff (although some experts call that into question) are Sentinels/Marauders.

So despite all the changes and QQ, very little might actually change about relative class power.

Edited by Dee-Jay

Just ignore the whining and wait until you see it for yourself, imo.

People always read patch notes and freak out pointlessly until they play it themselves.

Truth.

Just be amused at the outpouring of butthurt for now. The drama queens will QQ before they even play the patch, but there's many more people who won't.

I am a big fan of nerfs but releasing an unbalanced game and then nerfing classes wholesale right and left in a big patch is a silly way to manage an mmo. Far from helping the game, 1.2 stands a.good chance of hurting the population. In other words, pissing off your customers is bad for business.

Truth.

Just be amused at the outpouring of butthurt for now. The drama queens will QQ before they even play the patch, but there's many more people who won't.

lol. the problem is that the game wasnt ready to be realesed and they presented the game and ppl choosed the class they wanted to play and now they are chaning the classes ppl choosed, thats not nice of them. owell I'm pretty sure all the ppl that are QQ are going to leave and less ppl are going to be left, at the end this game is going to be a singel game

First, to all the people bashing Bioware for not having a "perfect" launch, i dare you to name ONE MMO that launched without a single problem. Till then, stop whining.

Second, i know the bounty hunters are screaming bloody murder on their forums, but its not that bad. As an Arsenal Spec BH for pvp, i look forward to the changes. Looks like it'll be an interesting shake-up.

Operatives/scoundrels were already struggling. Least played class with the least utility

1.2 is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

what planet do you live on? Least utility?

Stealth.

Stealth on others.

CC

Droid CC

Stun

AOE stun (breaks on damage)

Interupt

Healing

Battle rez.

oh oh oh wait. No kncokback means that we have no utility, sorry.

Stealth.

Stealth on others.

CC

Droid CC

Stun

Interupt

Healing

Battle rez.

lol, golly gee, no one else has CC or stuns...

Oh and group stealth is complete garbage and cannot be used while in stealth.

Just ignore the whining and wait until you see it for yourself, imo.

People always read patch notes and freak out pointlessly until they play it themselves.

go level an operative to 50 get full bm and test it for me kthx bai.

Vanguards/Powertechs are least played. Learn2ReadGraphs

seriously what graph did you read? Cause the one I saw from the guild summit clearly showed ops/scoundrel as the least played. With scoundrel being lower than ops. You got a link ?

They said agents were least played on guild summit they didn't mention sniper/op least played, vanguard/powertech are one of the least played as well it didnt come under the chart because of all the mercs make most of bhs.

So every single class is saying: OMG 1.2 Will kill (insert all classes here)

Uh, you haven't been paying attention. Pyros, Sages and Operative (and their mirror Repub) classes have been moaning. As to which got nerfed hardest, we all have our own opinions. But tucked away is the Marauder AC, and no one there is claiming they got nerfed. They were (even by BW's admission) the most powerful class in the game in the handed of skilled player. BW called it "god mode". So what did BW do? They nerfed one Marauder tree and then buffed another one so it was even more powerful PLUS simpler to play. LOL. Good one BW. You fooled us all with the head fake there.

It worked for Blizzard?

In Mythic's WAR they learned that hard way that smal changes and tweaks works better then big changes/ knee jerk reactions (scroundrel/imp over nerf). This patch could put us back to 1.0 class balance wise, because of the complexity of the system, the players will find skill setups the dev haven't thought up yet, that will be stronger then intended.

In WAR they changed RvR without taking into account what the players wanted because they had such great idea's and it was the final nail to the coffin, after that update whole guilds left de game. After that Bioware took over, I had the feeling devs started to listenen. I also have the feeling that bioware is listening to the swtor players base, lets hope 1.2 makes it a better game and that if PTS testing shows otherwise, that they are brave enough to go back the drawing board.

Stealth. doesn't work in raids

Stealth on others. doesn't work in raids

CC doesn't work in raids

Droid CC doesn't work in raids

Stun doesn't work in raids

AOE stun (breaks on damage) doesn't work in raids

Interupt sometimes works in raids

Healing can't do in PVE DPS spec

Battle rez.

So that's it, we have a rez, which sorcs already have as far more desirable ranged DPS. Meanwhile Maras bring lust, a group heal and damage immunity to the table. Juggs have an armor debuff, etc... and all other mDPS have better mobility, higher sustained DPS and more survivability.

So that's it, we have a rez, which sorcs already have as far more desirable ranged DPS. Meanwhile Maras bring lust, a group heal and damage immunity to the table. Juggs have an armor debuff, etc... and all other mDPS have better mobility, higher sustained DPS and more survivability.

No, you wont want a jug dps. They're making it even worse.

Operatives/scoundrels were already struggling. Least played class with the least utility

1.2 is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

i think least utility title belongs to the merc could be wrong you have stuns knockdowns and i think a kick of some kind.... i have a dart that shocks you and knock back that does lil but waste a cd if used wrong

Stealth.

Stealth on others.

CC

Droid CC

Stun

Interupt

Healing

Battle rez.

And how many of those are viable in PvP?

AND SCRAPPERS CANNOT HEAL! Why do people keep saying that. Sure we get a couple of heals, but untalented they are crap.

Really everything you named off shows how little you understand our class and our viability when compared to other classes.

With the current proposed changes, Scrappers and Concealment Ops will be at the bottom of the list for classes. Well we already are, but it shall be even more apparent.

It worked for Blizzard?

Times were different back in mid '00. Unless you assume that they have millions of drooling fans ready to throw cash at them on command. Also, Bioware never achieved anything close to Blizzard's success and so they don't have the same leeway.

Edited by Aelaias

The only class that isn't complaining about 1.2 killing them are Snipers/Gunslingers. They're complaining that 1.2 doesn't buff them enough to bring them out of uselessness...

Oh the snipers/gunslingers are complaining. You just can't hear them, because seriously, who would play that class? Snipers and Gunslingers bring nothing of value to a group that another class can't bring and do better.

I dig that they are getting "buffed", in that they can be in cover when rooted. For a class that doesn't move (MM spec), that seems like a functionality that should have been implemented before launch.

A healing debuff? They get ignored by tanks as it is. Area Denial class my butt. Bubble and walk thru them.

A peel for PVP maybe? A speed burst for evasion?

A stealth, hell even an in place one. Snipers wear ghillie suits right? Just not in swtor apparently. In the starwars universe your "one shot, one kill" came from behind the neon baby gate.