Can someone explain social and alignment points? why is this not in the manual?

NoaFlux

so i was almost to level one social and bam i was in a group and someone chose darkside when i was lightside and all my points were removed. can someone explain. im not sure whats up.

also i was in a group and the other people chose the answer so fast that they got points and i never got any i didnt even get to choose.

where are the faq on this stuff?? am i using the wrong terminology?

thanks noah

Hi Noah!

Press "L" on your keyboard while in game, and then click the tab labeled "Codex". From there, find the "Game Rules" section - and enjoy all the education you'll need (and all the answers to your questions).

PS: Other people's choices in a group affect the outcome of the group story, but your alignment is based on your choices, not anyone else's.

Others peoples choices in FP's (Flashpoints) does NOT affect your character. Just the way the fp goes.. Also the number you see coming up when you make your choice of the three is your Random "Roll" , whomever roll the highest gets the voice interaction and also the most social pts. Just being in a group and choosing gives you social pts, but winning the random roll gives you more.

so i was almost to level one social and bam i was in a group and someone chose darkside when i was lightside and all my points were removed.

No they weren't.

also i was in a group and the other people chose the answer so fast that they got points and i never got any i didnt even get to choose.

be sure to keep an eye out of groups are "space baring" through dialogue as their intent is to get through the scenes as quickly as possible.

that said, the speed they go through doesn't effect your dialogue speed. take your time and go at your own pace.

also social points are awarded to everyone but who "wins" the roll to respond gets double. if the person that wins selects darkside and you select lightside, it does not effect your alignment.

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII