Malavai Quinn

Arbitte

Hi my name is Jason and I play a Sith Marauder who in his journey has killed every enemy who has crossed his path. Please explain why I don't have the option to kill Malavai Quinn when he betrays me. Sorry for spoiling it for players who have not yet played the class but in the next expansion of the game please implement the option to finally have revenge. Thanks. -Armandi Sol

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi my name is Jason and I play a Sith Marauder who in his journey has killed every enemy who has crossed his path. Please explain why I don't have the option to kill Malavai Quinn when he betrays me. Sorry for spoiling it for players who have not yet played the class but in the next expansion of the game please implement the option to finally have revenge. Thanks. -Armandi Sol

The option was there in beta.

And many players killed him off. Afterwards the majority of players that killed him off, submitted complaints to bring him back because they missed having a healing companion.

So, BW removed the ability to kill off companions.

Because your Sith character is smarter than you.

Not saying this to be insulting just responding with the truth, an intelligent Sith (which is what our characters are supposed to be) does not squander a valuable resource unless their hand is forced in the matter, or the resource finally gets used up. Quinn, as the story goes, has much to offer that puts him in a unique position against other officers of his level.

We know he's an excellent pilot, he's an amazing strategist, and he knows how to stay a step ahead of opponents. The only way to resolve it is to look at it from a RP PoV. Your character mistrusts Quinn, won't give him vital information, etc. but will continue to use him until he finally is useless, or until an officer of equal caliber was found.

A Sith taking betrayal personally is kinda funny

They kill there masters as soon as there back is turned.

If anything i respect Quinn more for believing he could defeat a Sith lord, and fully expecting to die for failing, he acted more like a Sith then an Imp.

killing Baras kinda insured his loyalty. I believe his usefulness out-ways his betrayal.

Edited by gt-orphan

A Sith taking betrayal personally is kinda funny

They kill there masters as soon as there back is turned.

If anything i respect Quinn more for believing he could defeat a Sith lord, and fully expecting to die for failing, he acted more like a Sith then an Imp.

killing Baras kinda insured his loyalty. I believe his usefulness out-ways his betrayal.

This. Baras called and wanted his favor cashed in, Quinn is an honorable guy, so he did it. He didn't sound thrilled to do it and didn't even sound like he expected to live afterwards. Betrayal is how Sith roll, so I can respect that. I don't have to like it though. As my healer, he's definitely useful and it would be dumb to kill him. I can see Bioware adding more to this later, maybe in Act 4 whenever it comes out.

I'M A SITH LORD, I KILL EVERYTHING is dumb. He's useful, use him. When he's no longer useful, you can have your revenge then.

I actually suspected Quinn since I've got him as companion (as I did suspect who will be my last boss - which is pretty obvious given lore).

About killing him - I strongly believe you should have such an option. If you want to play a brainless monster - feel free to do so. In many, many quests you do have such an option, so why not where it actually does impact you.

I've played my toon as ruthless, ambitious, and arrogant, yet open minded, bit idealistic patriot. Actually very similiar, as it turned out, to Quinn. Usually showed mercy if something could be gained from it (Battle of Ilum as example). In the end I'd say I've got 50 light side for every 100-150 dark.

My character wouldn't want to kill Quinn as:

1. Suspected and understood his "treason" - which actually was just remaining loyal to his actual benefactor. A valuable treat once you make sure you ARE the benefactor (and after that you probably are).

2. As said previously, Quinn is extremely usefull TOOL.

• 10 months later...

What is the most annoying is the way the whole end of the incident is handled.

It's true that in a RP PoV he is useful.

But as a sith you never use him in any of his more useful ways than as a companion/crafter, his skills as a pilot/tactitian are never mentioned in the story either. If the story arc had made more use of quinn i would have understood the reason for not being allowed to kill him.

The story doesn't do this, and the *force choke* "ok i forgive you, don't try it again" whole way of handling the way he is allowed back just doesn't fit into the rest of the story. As a LD sith i have methodically been killing those who have been betraying me, unless i benefit in some way more than just a cash reward and the story doesn't give me a good reason to not kill him.

Edited by VALKYRIEunit

I understand how you would want to kill him, and maybe Bioware could have implemented a way so that a new companion (with same abilities and such) was given as a replacement. I mean, I could see the Sith/Empire saying "tisk tisk" and send you one of their genetically-enhanced humans as an "upgrade." Of course, usually they are almost emotionless and just do the task that was assigned to them, but it would be a decent trade off.

Save the traitorous but realistic Quinn, or kill him and get an emotionless, enhanced replacement.

Hell, they could even say that the Empire just took off Quinn's gear and handed it to the new guy. Of course, affection would stay to make it fair (maybe they included some of Quinn's memories into the other guy's mind?).

Instead of removing the option to kill him they needed to have 4 generic mercenary companions that can be found in cantina's that you can hire to join your crew if you fked up and killed someone you shouldn't.

They could have saved money by having no stories for these companions as they are strictly there to compensate for the odd fool.

I think removing the kill companion option was an over-reaction.

Even better, they could have just let you redo Vette as a healer with a simple companion conversation.

Personally, I'm more angry about the fact that my SW was left without any kind of companion romance after Quinn's betrayal. It really killed a lot of the enthusiasm I had for the character. Could you imagine the outcry if Jaesa had betrayed a male character? There'd be lynch mobs.

Shrug, MY warrior blamed Baras before she blamed Quinn. You know, the fellow with absolutely zero force abilities or power enough to resist the will of a Sith Lord. She was actually bummed at her own inability to protect Quinn from Baras' manipulations, in fact. It's just that the last person she was truly angry with, was Quinn, who was, she knew, nothing but a mere force-blind Imperial caught between two battling Sith.

So her rage was directed towards what she knew was the proper target for it. Not Quinn but Baras. Which was probably good in the long run, because Quinn is perhaps the most valuable companion she could call her own. He captained her ship, navigated for her, proved to be a technical AND tactical genius time and again, ran her medical bay with expertise, and, finally, helped her relax during downtimes between missions.

You don't ruin something worth having, basically.

Shrug, MY warrior blamed Baras before she blamed Quinn. You know, the fellow with absolutely zero force abilities or power enough to resist the will of a Sith Lord. She was actually bummed at her own inability to protect Quinn from Baras' manipulations, in fact. It's just that the last person she was truly angry with, was Quinn, who was, she knew, nothing but a mere force-blind Imperial caught between two battling Sith.

So her rage was directed towards what she knew was the proper target for it. Not Quinn but Baras. Which was probably good in the long run, because Quinn is perhaps the most valuable companion she could call her own. He captained her ship, navigated for her, proved to be a technical AND tactical genius time and again, ran her medical bay with expertise, and, finally, helped her relax during downtimes between missions.

I'm with you on this one Phyreblade.

Because let's face it, he has had so many opportunities to kill my Sith and not taken them. And those droids really are not that difficult. If he really wanted my Sith dead, he could have done it while she was sleeping on the ship or perhaps up the amounts the droids by a tenfold since we have been laying waste to those in droves. Belsavis, we killed droids for armorings daily :p

Well said, my Warrior was pissed at Quinn mind you but more pissed at Fat Man for thinking he could get away with it. If Quinn really wanted to he could have blown the ship up or killed me in many different ways. I think he only tried to do it out of duty to Baras but knew it was going to fail thus he did his duty to Baras and then was killed by you for failing, his honor still intact when he died. Baras was my real target and after Quesh part II so was Dragh.

Well written!