Final fight of JK Class story

fognozzle

I don't think its really a secret anymore, but just in case I'll add the spoiler tag.

Had the final fight with the Emporer last night and I have to say I was disappointed. I had read thread after thread about how this fight was so tough and was looking forward to it. When it came down to it, I basically face rolled it. I'm pretty sure they toned the fight down a while back so I understand it's easier than it was, but this was just silly. I went into at lvl50 which I'm sure helped, and I did manage to interrupt most everything he tried to throw (Watchman spec so I have an interrupt every six seconds) so maybe that was the trick? Not trying to wave around my epeen here, just curious if the regular interrupt was the key or whether they toned the fight WAY, WAY down (like way too far down). I was kinda keyed up for an epic fight and expecting to fail it a couple times. Pretty much a big let-down. Overall though, two big thumbs up for the JK story line.

I don't think its really a secret anymore, but just in case I'll add the spoiler tag.

Had the final fight with the Emporer last night and I have to say I was disappointed. I had read thread after thread about how this fight was so tough and was looking forward to it. When it came down to it, I basically face rolled it. I'm pretty sure they toned the fight down a while back so I understand it's easier than it was, but this was just silly. I went into at lvl50 which I'm sure helped, and I did manage to interrupt most everything he tried to throw (Watchman spec so I have an interrupt every six seconds) so maybe that was the trick? Not trying to wave around my epeen here, just curious if the regular interrupt was the key or whether they toned the fight WAY, WAY down (like way too far down). I was kinda keyed up for an epic fight and expecting to fail it a couple times. Pretty much a big let-down. Overall though, two big thumbs up for the JK story line.

The adds used to do a lot of damage. You'd have to kite them/use Awe very carefully and take them out one at a time. They brought them way down in damage, and I've heard AOE works on them now.

From the sounds of it, they toned it down by quite a bit. From what I remember of the fight

The emperor had a insta-cast attack which did around 8-10k damage, the adds he spawned hit pretty hard, and even if T7 was geared out in a full set of 45-50 gear, he wouldn't last but 10 seconds. Even with your interrupt every 6 seconds, you would find him casting something where your interrupt was on CD praying it would hit in time. It did kinda suck unless you learned to play the LOS game around the pillars.

Umm... I dunno man, Its still pretty tough...

That insta-death move is a killer, I'll be destroying him, With almost Full health left and All of a sudden he disappears, and Boom insta-death, I mean its Crazy to me because for all thats going on it doesn't feel hard, Like I feel like I'm winning and then I loose him in the crowd and All of a sudden I go from 11k hp left to 0, I KNOW hes the "Final boss"...but That One Move Does need to get towned down a little... they can even make his normal attacks a little stronger , But a one shot kill move is a little too much IMO. Also I wish i knew T7 was going to be important at some point, I haven't used him since I first got Kira and Now he pretty much useless to me, not a problem with the fight it self, its just not helping me any

The fight is still extremely hard, i did it after the so called "toning down" and still died 10 or so times before I got a Sage to heal/dps for me and finally beat it.

I occasionally see someone making ridiculous claims about face-rolling the fight, and will straight up say its ******** without a top-tier set of pvp gear. Right up there with the 400k damage and top three in every match ********. Its just unhelpful trolling.

Its a very hard fight, its not fun, and it destroyed the entire JK storyline due to its difficulty and the Emperor himself being a totally different generic appearance as opposed to the first time you saw him with his twisted and awesome getup.

Just did it, and yeah. Took me 10 tries or so. Every time I died it was to his instant death attack.

He wouldn't be so bad if he didn't use his instant death attack WHILE you're trying to run around whacking his clones. Hard enough noticing he's started it amidst the horde, much less successfully managing to target him fast enough to interrupt it. I read somewhere that he summons clones at 100%, 75%, and 50%, which seems about right. However same place also said he starts using the instant death attack at 30%. Unless I was somehow doing so much damage (and I'm tank spec guardian) he dropped past both 50% and 30% with one or two hits, that's wrong, and he starts using it immediately after summoning the final set of clones. Perhaps that's a bug? Fight would be substantially more doable (w/o cheesing) if you didn't have to worry about trying to interrupt him while also dealing with his clones.)

Finally had to cheese out and use the pillar LOS way to avoid getting one shotted while taking out the 3rd set of clones. After that just straight up beat him down while interrupting that move. ('course, the first time I tried the LOS cheese, just after getting him 1 on 1 he somehow got stuck IN one of the columns, and when I was trying to get him out he 1-shotted me. 2nd time he actually 1 shotted me w/o channelling that move. (bug, or he has a rarely used alternate 1-shot with no channel?) 3rd time cheesing out and using LOS it worked like clockwork..

Sad though, that you almost have to cheese the final boss of the game by exploiting LoS. (and yes, I consider that cheesing)

I've heard AOE works on them now.

Force sweep certainly doesn't. Perhaps cyclone slash does? To be honest I didn't think to try it, since force sweep didn't, and after dieing the first time and reading up, I read AoE's didn't in general.

Edited by GnatB

Just did it, and yeah. Took me 10 tries or so. Every time I died it was to his instant death attack.

He wouldn't be so bad if he didn't use his instant death attack WHILE you're trying to run around whacking his clones. Hard enough noticing he's started it amidst the horde, much less successfully managing to target him fast enough to interrupt it. I read somewhere that he summons clones at 100%, 75%, and 50%, which seems about right. However same place also said he starts using the instant death attack at 30%. Unless I was somehow doing so much damage (and I'm tank spec guardian) he dropped past both 50% and 30% with one or two hits, that's wrong, and he starts using it immediately after summoning the final set of clones. Perhaps that's a bug? Fight would be substantially more doable (w/o cheesing) if you didn't have to worry about trying to interrupt him while also dealing with his clones.)

Finally had to cheese out and use the pillar LOS way to avoid getting one shotted while taking out the 3rd set of clones. After that just straight up beat him down while interrupting that move. ('course, the first time I tried the LOS cheese, just after getting him 1 on 1 he somehow got stuck IN one of the columns, and when I was trying to get him out he 1-shotted me. 2nd time he actually 1 shotted me w/o channelling that move. (bug, or he has a rarely used alternate 1-shot with no channel?) 3rd time cheesing out and using LOS it worked like clockwork..

Sad though, that you almost have to cheese the final boss of the game by exploiting LoS. (and yes, I consider that cheesing)

Force sweep certainly doesn't. Perhaps cyclone slash does? To be honest I didn't think to try it, since force sweep didn't, and after dieing the first time and reading up, I read AoE's didn't in general.

I think You got a bug because the same thing has Happened to me TWICE now... I interrupt his Glowing Red 1-shot move of death.... and Then like 5 seconds later some how he one shots me anyway... which has to be a bug, because I can't imagine them giving him NO cool down on that move, and NO cast bar for it.... so with that and the fact i have the t7 gear chest bug... its getting slightly frustrating

My force sweep and cyclone slash definitely did not pop the adds, but it looked to me like T7s EMP did.

I did this fight last week as a Jedi Sentinel watchman tree, I tried a couple of times first to get the feel of it and happened to record my successful try, see in the spoilers below.

This is my first MMO and I am still clicking but it gives you an idea of what is involved in the fight currently. I felt I needed a few more interrupts at the time.

Edited by Zylaro

I just attacked the Emperor himself and the adds dropped like flies but then again I'm a Focus Spec sentinel and Sweep can do a serious amount of damage to a mob group. T7 probably killed a few too but I really wasn't paying attention too him.

Right now the key to the whole fight is too interrupt his killer knock back when he's around 30%. You can miss lightning and some of the earlier knock backs but if you miss the big one you're dead.

I just attacked the Emperor himself and the adds dropped like flies but then again I'm a Focus Spec sentinel and Sweep can do a serious amount of damage to a mob group. T7 probably killed a few too but I really wasn't paying attention too him.

Right now the key to the whole fight is too interrupt his killer knock back when he's around 30%. You can miss lightning and some of the earlier knock backs but if you miss the big one you're dead.

That's a thought. Sweep (or cyclone, apparently) doesn't do jack to the clones, regardless of how much damage it does, but they are one-shotted by pretty much any single target ability... but if T7's AoE also pops them, as somebody else suggested, then perhaps the *real* trick to the fight is to just hope T7 goes after/pops the clones with his EMP (or anything else) while you spend all your time targetting/interrupting the real threat. Perhaps the problem actually arises from trying to "do it yourself". (which would be pretty odd).

Also, seems likely you want to do the unusual, and equip T7 as a tank even if you ARE a tank, as it doesn't really seem to matter how much damage he does. The clones pop on the slightest blow. You just just need him sticking around long enough to kill the clones for you.

Almost makes me want to try it again with that theory.

I am here to say that he can' without a doubt use his one hit wonder without casting or showing a progress bar, UNLESS his Lightning Strike can do about 40% damage on me. I blocked his last one and was waiting axiously for the CD on my interrupt and he cast Lightning Strike, WHILE the strike is in progress, I get thrown half way across the room and I'm dead.

I am here to say that he can' without a doubt use his one hit wonder without casting or showing a progress bar, UNLESS his Lightning Strike can do about 40% damage on me. I blocked his last one and was waiting axiously for the CD on my interrupt and he cast Lightning Strike, WHILE the strike is in progress, I get thrown half way across the room and I'm dead.

I think thats a Bug... Which I keep running into.... And If its NOT a bug its a serious design flaw....

I mean Clearing his clones and interrupting the 1-shot or using the LoS gimmick are hard enough, if he has an instant no cast death move thats just a Really bad call on the Dev end... until this point in the game I had No serious issues with it... But this One instance is just packed full of bugs at least for me... I got hit With the T7 bug, and what ever this double instant kill crap is...

Edit: and yeah I always fly across the screen when it happens, even if i interrupt His current cast bar... some how i still go flying and end up dead... like with 3/4 health left

But then again there is Always the possibility I'm just missing something here, But still It seems like That one part just can't be right.

Edited by Djspyder

Not to mention the ONLY time so far I have gotten him fairly low he "warped" back up by his thrown, I dunno if that's intentional or not, but by the time I found him, I was dead.

I don't MIND him having a 1 shot killer, but make it obey the casting and cooldown timers.

This isn't the first class quest that's been buggy for me, I'll get through it eventually, even though it's going to cost me an arm and a leg.

I got Him down to like 3% once... But I was really banged up too... Hit a quick little lag spike, and That was the end of that... And that Time I ignored strategy and Just whaled on him interrupting anything i could and ignored the Clones.... AND CotF was still cooling down... I was SOO pissed... But what ever i spent a crap load of money on this fight, so right now i'm just doing space combat for commendations and credits. gunna beef up my gear a little and Go back at it soon.

I did it as a 50 guardian. Defense spec so I don't have lolsweep. It was pretty rough, I died twice, mostly because t7 still have lvl 30 gear lol. I attacked the clones directly until they popped, basically I just did what I could to keep my defenses up, and he eventually went down

You didn't use Awe. If you use Awe to stun all the adds+the boss, you can kill the adds without the Boss casting at you.

Also, line of sight, and having health bars on so you can see cast bars and change targets to interrupt.

For everyone: The fact is, if you can't kill this, you're doing it wrong. You aren't using the abilities available to you, and not interrupting the Force Blast. I've done it on a Guardian and a Sentinel now, once pre-nerf (took me 2 hours worth of attempts) and once post-nerf (one shot). Saying that other people are lying or had to overgear the fight is just an excuse to not take the onus on yourself to play better. You may think I'm being rude, but I'm just not sugar coating the truth. The fight is easy.

Turn on Health Bars (Preferences>Nameplates>Nameplates on enemy NPCS)

Use all of your stuns and interrupts available to you. You have 4 base line, and depending on your spec, you can get shorter CDs/more.

If you're trying to brute force the fight, you're doing it wrong. He will one shot you, and it's your fault, not the fights.

You didn't use Awe. If you use Awe to stun all the adds+the boss, you can kill the adds without the Boss casting at you.

Also, line of sight, and having health bars on so you can see cast bars and change targets to interrupt.

For everyone: The fact is, if you can't kill this, you're doing it wrong. You aren't using the abilities available to you, and not interrupting the Force Blast. I've done it on a Guardian and a Sentinel now, once pre-nerf (took me 2 hours worth of attempts) and once post-nerf (one shot). Saying that other people are lying or had to overgear the fight is just an excuse to not take the onus on yourself to play better. You may think I'm being rude, but I'm just not sugar coating the truth. The fight is easy.

Turn on Health Bars (Preferences>Nameplates>Nameplates on enemy NPCS)

Use all of your stuns and interrupts available to you. You have 4 base line, and depending on your spec, you can get shorter CDs/more.

If you're trying to brute force the fight, you're doing it wrong. He will one shot you, and it's your fault, not the fights.

Agreed its a Solo-able fight... When its working properly... Like I said, The thing thats killing me is, I am using Awe to stun/kill the adds, I am getting him alone, I am "interrupting his fore blast"...and Timing all my Cds so my health stays at above 3/4 the whole time or close to it... But somehow after a successful interrupt on Force Blast, randomly 5 seconds later I fly across the room and die anyway... Which kinda sucks for me... not a problem with the fight itself... but this "Bug" along with the t7 gear bug they have known about for a while according to the forums DOES need to be addressed... That or He has a super secret No cast, no CD kill move that no-one knows about.

I've tried the LoS trick and Died while across the room behind a pillar.... and I've interrupted Force blast up close and personal several times with High Hp, and then just droped dead a few seconds later, and not in the I timed my interrupts poorly and the animations were off sort of way, in the he used his normal attack afterwards, and then i would just die sort of way.

Ok, I took down the Emp today first time out. I'm not bragging. I just want to emphasize that I went in to that fight well prepared. More prepared than any other fight because of the difficulty and because, quite honestly, I needed the class quest to end to move on to end game content.

Here is what worked for me, Sentinel Combat spec.

I geared up T7. I mean really geared him. Level 47 or better blues and a couple of level 50 purples I found along the way. T7 is very effective if geared and used correctly against the Emperor.

Next, yea, I knew the ins and outs from reading the boards. So sue me for learning the fight so to speak before it happened. I had the best gear I could manage given my creds. Mostly purple and orange, no green.

In addition, I used T7 in the missions leading up to this confrontation just to get a feel for the little guy. And he is a great tank. I'm not kidding. Properly geared, wow... he is both a ranged tank and a Melee tank and he pulls aggro. Which leaves me to dps effectively. BTW, make sure ALL of his abilities are on auto. he will use them quite effectively.

The fight: Ok, so going in I knew a few things.

1. it had to be a fast fight for me, Combat Spec means burst of damage not dot, so the longer the fight the less chance I would have of success.

2. I needed T7 to survive long enough to pull aggro on the clones. Which means I had to hit the Emp hard first and keep up the attack to protect T7 and not just let T7 take all the damage.

3. The clones go down with slash. That's it. They are a distraction and very weak.

4. The key is interrupt. It means everything. As a combat spec, I don't have accelerated CD on force kick, but I need to ensure that when it was available my focus was up. I could not afford to miss and interrupt.

5. The kill shot is on a timer as far as I can tell. Sort of like rage on FPs or Ops. Need to burn down the Emp fast.

And so it pretty much played out exactly the way I wanted. Force Leaped on him and ran down the steps. He chased me. I unloaded on him with everything I had given the focus i could generate. T7 pulled aggro which was perfectly timed after I had done significant damage.

The first wave of clones showed up and they went directly after T7. Again perfect as I slashed them to bits with out taking damage. BTW slash, that is the key. They have no armor at all as far as I can tell.

At this point, I saw the Emp powering up. Hit interrupt, and then unloaded on him with another huge burst. T7 was about to die and I had to keep him alive so Force Statis and I had pulled aggro. Then came the second wave of clones. And sure enough, they focused on T7. But T7 took them on this time. Which left me with the Emp.

Ok my time was running out. The third wave of clones was about to come and T7 was about to die. I had a decision to make. If I continued the pattern, the fight would go on. The clones would distract me and the Emp would get a chance for his kill shot. If I popped all my CDs and unloaded on him one last time irrespective of the clones I could lose it in an instance with the amount of damage I would take.

I chose the latter. The clones did not matter anymore, it was do or die. So I interrupted as often as I could. I used Saber Ward and Rebuke. I hit him with all of my most damaging attacks. The clones showed up and AWE paused their attack just long enough for me to do more damage and interrupt him again. I did not even know how much life I had left. I was focused on interrupts and his life line, and right about then he hit 10% left. I nailed him with dispatch followed by blade storm and he was dead! I was at about 30% and good old T7 was still alive near 1%.

And thus it worked out for me. I can't help but feel a little lucky, but I think the strategy is burn him down before the kill shot. It seems to be on a timer. Do not let that third wave of clones distract you. And interrupt with all forms. Awe, Force Kick, and Statis are essential.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Rafaman

And so it pretty much played out exactly the way I wanted. Force Leaped on him and ran down the steps. He chased me. I unloaded on him with everything I had given the focus i could generate. T7 pulled aggro which was perfectly timed after I had done significant damage.

The first wave of clones showed up and they went directly after T7. Again perfect as I slashed them to bits with out taking damage. BTW slash, that is the key. They have no armor at all as far as I can tell.

Out of curiosity, are you sure this is how it started? I'm not questioning your integrity, I am asking because I want to make sure mine isn't broken or something. Every attempt I have done so far, Force Leap is useless because if you leap on him (or get close to him at all for that matter before the encounter starts), he immediately teleports to the bottom of the stairs and at that point the clones are already up before you can get in position.

My problem is, in 7 attempts, I have always gotten him below 30% and 1 time within 10%, and then I get whacked. The problem isn't the one hit wonder itself, it's the fact that he can use it without casting, and WHILE he's already casting another ability. I can say without a doubt that it has happened to me twice.

Out of curiosity, are you sure this is how it started? I'm not questioning your integrity, I am asking because I want to make sure mine isn't broken or something. Every attempt I have done so far, Force Leap is useless because if you leap on him (or get close to him at all for that matter before the encounter starts), he immediately teleports to the bottom of the stairs and at that point the clones are already up before you can get in position.

My problem is, in 7 attempts, I have always gotten him below 30% and 1 time within 10%, and then I get whacked. The problem isn't the one hit wonder itself, it's the fact that he can use it without casting, and WHILE he's already casting another ability. I can say without a doubt that it has happened to me twice.

No problem. I understand. What I should have said is, I force leap on him and run to the bottom of the stairs knowing that he will teleport down there. It seems like he chased me but in point of fact he was already going to be at the bottom of the stairs.

No problem. I understand. What I should have said is, I force leap on him and run to the bottom of the stairs knowing that he will teleport down there. It seems like he chased me but in point of fact he was already going to be at the bottom of the stairs.

Thanks, I wanted to make sure I wasn't glitched after all this time ;)

And thanks for being helpful to others instead of "if you lost you suck" crowd.

I freely admit, I'm not the greatest, but I know how to play the character (Def spec Guardian), and yeah I died the first time (and prob the second time) out of sheer mistakery. However it doesn't alter the fact that he CAN kill you without casting, and it has been reported by several people on these forums, that is an issue that NEEDS to be addressed.